Thirteen

Held
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I prayed for this moment with closed eyes
I will embrace you, my lover’s heart, slowly
Today is the only chance, I’ll take the first step
 

 

Today is the day. Kyungsoo and Kai will be bonded by the end of the ceremony. Baekhyun took a deep breath as he roamed his eyes around the venue with a happy heart, everything looked surreal, he thought.

 

 

I promise you, I’ll be good to you
Just like I hoped, I will happily
Take the first step toward our dream
 

 

He breathed in every little detail there is, as if it were his own wedding. Sighing at the thought of it never happening, thinking his heart will take a lot more time to heal than he estimated. Baekhyun loved how the flowers complemented the theme of the entourage's attire including his. He fixed his burgundy colored tie in hopes to stop his tears from falling, feeling all emotional especially when the music started playing and everyone sat still.

 

 

Why are my eyes so blinded
Why is my heart beating so crazily
I’m running out of breath but it’s so precious, don’t forget
 

 

Baekhyun looked at the pianist with a heavy heart, it still ached and longed for him. Afterall, it was his ex-fiancé. And beside him, singing, was Luhan who was ecstatic to have been requested to sing by the couple.

 

 

In the beginning, your dream, your words were thicker than tears
Sweeter than the nectar of heaven
Yes, you are my baby baby baby, baby baby baby
 

 

"You okay, Baek?"

The tearing male snapped out of his thoughts, glancing to his side where his friend, Minho, stood along with Kyungsoo's other groomsmen, including Minseok and Yunho.

"Yes. I'm fine." Smiling at the taller male to give assurance before his eyes went back to the front where his bestfriend together with the other groomsmen. Chen stood handsomely beside the bartender he met before who was named Taemin, and another of Kai's acquaintances, Changmin.

Is he really fine, he thought to himself, his eyes passing through the gentlemen in front of him and to the person seated behind the grand piano. Looking like the breathtaking man that he is. Chanyeol looked up and met with his eyes, not a single second passed as their gazes caught each other was wasted. It was longing, it was hurt, it was regret, it was love.

 

 

I promise you, I won’t stop
As I only look at you
 

 

Baekhyun mustered up all if his courage and gave him a small smile, in which Chanyeol replied with a nod. Mouthing the words 'you look wonderful'.

 

 

Promise me that you’ll only look at me too
Only love me
 

 

So this is how it feels like, Baekhyun thought. How to finally have closure. How to be just friends with his ex-fiancé, it felt horrible and wonderful at the same time. Because finally, he's got that peace he's been dying to have since everything happened. And finally, unfortunately, he can properly start moving on because Chanyeol's not his anymore. And it was a choice he had made last night when the tall male barged into his home after the party.

 

 

"I do.."

"I do, Kyungsoo. I do."

"By the power rested in me, I, hereby, bond you until the afterlife."
 

 

 

 

 

"Are you sure you're leaving already? Kyungsoo's just on his third crying episode." Kai circled his arm around Baekhyun's waist, trying to keep him from going.

The shorter male chuckled and wrapped his arms around the newly-wedded groom. "As much as I'd love to nurse him to bed, I have to clean up my house after the guys wrecked my living room."

Kai planted a kiss on top of his hair, chuckling. "I'm guessing you and Chanyeol talked?"

Baekhyun pulled away with a nod. "It's finally clear. Everything's over. We're over." Sighing at his last sentence. "Congratulations on your wedding, Kai. You guys take care. Tell Soo I'm sorry for sneaking out without telling him."

"I'm just not gonna mention anything. He's too drunk and I'm not risking ."

They laughed together at the image of Kyungsoo beating his husband on their wedding night because his best man left unexpectedly.

"I'll text you when I get home. You go and tend to your guests. Oh, and..thank you for understanding your bestfriend. He's crazy." He couldn't help it.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Already know he's dumb and all. Don't worry I'll keep an eye on him. Get home safe, want me to ask Minho to drive you home?"

They both glanced at the tall male all smiles in front of the bartender back at the resort from Chanyeol's seminar, Taemin.

"Guess not.." Kai smirked and searched for another person who could drive his friend.

"I can go by myself. I'm off. Enjoy the rest of the night, Kai. Love you guys."

"Love you, too. Thanks for all the help for our wedding, Baek."

Kai leaned in for one last hug and Baekhyun was out of the reception with the smaller male catching one last glance over his ex-fiancé who sat by himself near the pond.
 

 

 

 

After the bachelor party...

 

 

 

"Chanyeol, calm down! Stop! You're making a mess!"

Zitao held the taller male by his arms, shouting at him in hopes to get it through his thick head to keep him from wiggling out of his grasp and run to Baekhyun who was almost shocked to death in his pajamas when his door broke down and four screaming men came stomping in his home.

"Baek..Baek, please listen to me. Okay? Hm. Yeol was wrong. Baby, I'm so sorry..."

Baekhyun stood by the stairway with the biggest confusion in the world. "W-what's going on--"

Chanyeol looked up at him, still being held by Zitao and Kris. And Baekhyun didn't hear wrong because the tall male was indeed crying. He then rushed to his side, checking if he was hurt or anything. "What's wrong?? What happened, Yeol? What happened to him?"

He glanced at his friends when the tall male didn't respond to his questions but wrapped his arms around the smaller male instead.

"I'm sorry..I'm so sorry. B-baek I--I'm sorry. Let's talk, please.."

The older male looked at his friends who stood behind Chanyeol and nodded. Thanking them for tending to the drunk mess that he is. "I'll take it from here, guys. It's almost four in the morning and I'm not sure I can take the outfits tomorrow in time. Can you possibly take yours now since you're already here?" He smiled at his friends who were now sober and full of worry towards the two of them.

Kris scratches the side of his neck and smiles at the smaller male. "We'll take care of it. You don't need to worry about anything, Baek."

"Baekhyun, I'm sorry for leaving you."

Baekhyun's eyes were beginning to tear up, for he thought this day would never come.

"You guys talk, we'll take our leave. Call us if anything happens. Okay?" It was Yixing, brushing Baekhyun's arm before turning to his husband to motion towa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter