Three

Held
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"As expected, you two did great work. Congratulations! Keep it up." Their boss, Kim Junmyeon, CEO and one of the two owners of J&Y Corp., nodded and gave both his employees a pat on the back picking up their finished first actual sample of their new product, taking it with him before exiting the room.

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo jumped with joy as the whole function room applauded at their successful presentation.

"I told you it'll turn out well!" Baekhyun exclaimed and grabbed his colleague on the shoulders.

"This calls for a celebration!" Kyungsoo ed his arms up in the air which made their fellow colleagues cheer in agreement.

The whole Research and Development, which consistes of only six people, couldn't contain their excitement. They immediately placed a huge number of orders as soon as they entered the restaurant, consisting mostly soju and beer. This is a celebration, afterall.

When they got settled around their table, they continued discussing how amazing the whole presentation went. Introducing a new product is the most nerve-wrecking task they had to experience every once in a while. Working in a big technology company can truly bring a lot of stress.

It didn't take too long for their meals to arrive, together with their drinks which had to be served in a different tray or it would have been a disaster due to the large number of bottles.

"I'd like to propose a toast, to our bravest team members. Byun Baekhyun and Do Kyungsoo.."

The whole team had their eyes focused on their team leader, Kim Minseok, standing and holding a small glass half-filled with soju.

"Ah, I know I say this often. But I'm gonna say it again right now.."

"Don't cry, hyung!"

Everyone burst out laughing at their youngest member's remark.

"Shut it, Sehunnie." Minseok raised a finger at Sehun, fighting the waterworks about to come flowing.

"I am so proud of you both. All your hard work's been rewarded. I am just so honored to be working with you, guys. Cheers." Ending his toast with a heartwarming smile and lifting his glass upward.

"CHEERS!"

Each and every one pushing their glasses towards Minseok's, shouting altogether before downing their glasses empty.

"All that's left now is for the sample to be tested. We'll need someone with power to be the model of our new product." The guy with grey colored hair started. Looking at their team leader.

" Sir Junmyeon thinks otherwise. He thinks someone from the company should be the one to test the sample because we'll be the once to know the details and improvements needed to be added or reduced. But that's not a bad idea, Minho."

Minseok replied. Patting Minho, who is sitting on his left side, giving him an assuring look.

"What about picking Baekhyun instead? Afterall, this is his project?" Coming from the person on Minseok's right.

"Ey. What are you talking about, hyung?? Why should I test it? Let's just find someone from outside the company." Baekhyun argued. He didn't want any extra tasks alongside his other responsibilities.

"Yunho hyung's right. The best choice is you, hyung." Sehun nodding and agreeing with his superior.

"Or. We could have two people try it. Baekhyun. And an outsider? So we'll have different opinions about the product."

Kyungsoo tapped his chin as he finished his comment. Making everyone go 'ooh' and 'aah'.

Baekhyun nudged Kyungsoo on his rib. "You're not helping at all!"

"Then it's settled. I'll talk to the boss first thing in the morning." Minseok clapped his hands together and raised another toast with Baekhyun feeling defeated in his seat.

Baekhyun took a quick glance at his wristwatch saying it was already almost eleven in the evening. Realizing that they've been drinking for almost four hours now. And he could tell by his lips that he's had quite a lot ot drinks as they were starting to tingle and feel numb.

He took out his phone and opened three messages all from his grandmother.

Gran:

Baekhyun. Dinner is inside the refrigerator in case you get hungry. -gran

Come home safe. Okay? Gran loves you and congratulations dear! -gran

Tell Kyungsoo gran loves him too. And also tell him to come see me soon. Okay? Come home safe. -gran

Baekhyun couldn't help but smile at his beloved grandmother's words. Gran had that habit to leave her name at the end of her every text just to make sure he would know it was her even though he explained to her a hundred times it wasn't necessary because of her contact i.d. She said she still wanted to remind him that it was specially made with love.

He then overheard Kyungsoo on his phone, sitting beside him.

"They're not with me. I don't know? I'll go ask Kai later. Yeah, sure. Okay. No problem. No I'm outside having a company dinner. Okay, yeah you too. Bye."

Kyungsoo placed his phone on the table and turned to face Baekhyun. Biting on his spoon and tilting his head before starting. "Do you have Channie's shoes, by any chance? How could he even forget his shoes at a party, I don't know what I'm gonna do with him."

The question making Baekhyun choke on the piece of meat he was about to swallow. He looked at his friend, banging on his chest.

So it was him, Baekhyun thought to himself. He almost forgot about taking Chanyeol's shoes with him since he forgot them at Chen's two days ago.

"Y-yeah, I have them at home. I took them with me when I couldn't find you and Kai anywhere, Chen was still pretty out of himself when Kris brought me hom--"

"HOLD UP. KRIS?" Kyungsoo's eyes shooting open scaring Baekhyun and inching away from him.

"Kris? Kris Wu? Kris Wu that weasel, Kris??"

Baekhyun blinking nervously at his friend's aggressive tone. Putting his hands on Kyungsoo's chest, stopping him from leaning forward onto him.

"Y-yes. Kris. He came." His words sounding more sad than glad that his boyfriend(?) came and Chanyeol left.

"And when did he arrive? I can't believe this. He is such a weasel. Pop goes Kris Wu all of a sudden."

Baekhyun ended up laughing at his friend's words. "You guys were already passed out when he came."

"Where were you?" Kyungsoo's stare more softer.

He hesitated for a while, sipping on his glass of beer. "I was with Chanyeol." He said as he glanced at his friend.

Kyungsoo's frown slowly turning into a grin, he scooted closer to his friend and poked him on the arm.

"You were with Chanyeol? You two were alone? Together?" He asked. Mouthing the words slowly. His grin still in place. "Hmmmm..." He hummed and looked back down at his plate.

"Yes. We were together. What's wrong with that? We were just talking, that's all." Baekhyun made faces at his interrogator, mimmicking his tone.

"Do you like him?" Kyungsoo snapped his head back to look at Baekhyun, anticipating the answer like a little kid.

Baekhyun looked down inside his glass, watching the bubbles disperse and new bubbles come to surface.

Do I?

Kyungsoo didn't wait for an answer. His grin growing even wider when he took his phone and stood up.

"Where are you going?" Baekhyun looked up at his friend who just raised a finger at him as he made his way to the men's room.

"This crazy guy, really." He muttered to himself and rolled his eyes.

"Hyung. Why so glum? Shouldn't you be ecstatic right now?"

Baekhyun smiled and picked up a piece of beef then placed it on top of Sehun's half-eaten bowl of rice.

"Our growing Sehunnie is so thoughtful thinking about hyung. Eat up." He cooed at the tall brunette who sat to his other side.

Sehun happily ate the piece of meat his superior gave him in a flash and quickly dropped his chopsticks on the table. He again turned to Baekhyun and looked at him.

"Seriously, hyung. I know I'm still so young and inexperienced with so many things. But, I'm not that stupid."

Baekhyun appreciated how his colleague is being concerned about him. He gave Sehun a pat on the cheek and smiled.

"Thank you. That means a lot to me, really. It's just..hyung is caught up with different kinds of complicated things."

The younger male's brows furrowing, nodding and leaving it at that.

"Hyung also heard from someone that Sehunnie is indeed not as innocent as we think." Baekhyun sang, stabbing a piece of pork and popped it into his mouth. Sehun's eyes widening at his words.

"That guy Luhan from Producti--"

"Okay! How about having another glass of beer right hyung? Here ya gooo, some nice coooold beer." Sehun cut him off and let out a nervous chuckle as he poured his superior's glass full with beer. Looking around and checking if anyone heard Baekhyun and sighing in relief that everyone was busy with their own conversations.
 
Baekhyun winked at him and was just about to grab his glass when it was swiped away right in front of him. He saw Kyungsoo gulping on his drink when he looked up.

Kyungsoo then shoved the glass on Sehun's cheek and made the younger male jump from his seat, holding the glass and placing it down back the table. Baekhyun slapped him on the thigh and caused him to fall on his seat, Sehun hiding behind Baekhyun clinging on his arm.

"What's that for, huh?" Baekhyun spat at his creepily smirking friend.

Instead of answering, Kyungsoo just wiggled his brows at him and leaned forward to look at Sehun who was still pretty frightened by his actions.

"Sorry 'bout that, Sehunnie. Just got carried away." He gave him a wide gummy smile showing his heart-shaped lips and a pat on his arm giving it a slight squeeze.

Sehun just hid further behind Baekhyun, nodding at Kyungsoo without a word.

"Alright, everyone! It's been a great evening! Thank you all for your hardwork. I'll see you in the morning."

The team bowed as Minseok said his farewells and got inside the back of his car, gesturing at the hired chauffeur to go forth. Sehun, Baekhyun, and Kyungsoo were left in front of the restaurant that's already closed a few minutes ago.

"See you tomorrow, hyung." Sehun hugged Kyungsoo and pulled back, squinting his eyes at Baekhyun reminding him to keep a tight lip about the guy in Production.

Baekhy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter