Two

Held
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Come oooon. It'll be fun!"

Baekhyun buried his face on his pillow, trying to block Chen's whining.

"Come on, Baek. Don't tell me you didn't have fun last time I hosted a party?"

Baekhyun can hear Chen's pouting from the way he spoke. He let out a frustrated growl and pushed himself up and facing a pouting, eyelash-batting, Chen.

"I want to go. But Kris is your cousin and he is going for sure. I don't wanna see him." He said, finishing his sentence in a whisper, tracing circles on his bed covers.

Chen looked at him with worried eyes and inched closer to his frowning friend. "He's not here. Didn't he tell you?"

"He's in China right now. I thought that was the reason you two stopped talking." Chen continued, looking puzzled.

"Well there's a whole lot of things that cousin of yours ain't telling." He replied with disppointment.

"See, that's why I stopped talking to him. Do you know when's the last time we spoke for more than just three text mesages? That was like more than a month ago? You can go ask Kyungsoo."

All Chen could do was pat Baekhyun on the back and grab him on the shirt. Yanking him up to his feet.

"Hey! Wh-wha---" They both stumbled their way to the bathroom with Chen dragging a flailing Baekhyun trying to remove grab things to hold onto.

Chen then pushed Baekhyun inside the shower and closed the sliding doors trapping his friend and his screams on the other side of the glass.

"I can't leave you sulking up all night like that! You're going to take a bath and you're coming with me! Now hurry up and get !"

"Are you crazy?! Go away let me bathe in private you butthead!"

Chen slammed his hand on the glass door looking Baekhyun dead in the eyes. "Or did you want me to strip you instead?? Hurry up ya toothpick we haven't got all evening for your sanitation!"

Baekhyun making faces at his muttering friend before he finally took off all his clothes and started the shower, looking at Chen from time to time to see if he's still facing away from him.

If he didn't only love this crazy friend of his, he would've beaten him up to pulp for dragging him like a baby. He understood what his friend was doing and that he's just worried he'd be feeling all alone just locked up inside his room. Especially, it was his cousin's fault Baekhyun's being distant.

This was just like when they first met almost ten years ago. Baekhyun was busy frowning and staring at his almost liquid, melting ice cream, sitting alone along the benches outside the cinemas.

It was when Baekhyun's pet dog passed away. Chen just came out of the cinemas along with his friends when he saw that thin black-haired student bawling his eyes out by himself. He didn't even think twice when he ran to that student and grabbed him by the wrist. Just like what he did today. He didn't give Baekhyun a chance to debate. He just took him and hosted a huge party later in the evening. Since then, he's been there for Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

"Kai! Yeah, we're just stopping by the store for booze and pizza. Yeah, yeah. Yeah, my house. ASAP, man. Yeah, you can bring him along. Who? Ohhh. Okay, okay. See ya."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, struggling to carry all the shopping bags full of beer and chips on both hands. Chen just dropped a call he had with Kai as they were heading back to his car. Pizza boxes balancing on his head supported by his right arm.

"Did you really have to invite the entire neighborhood? Why are you so addicted in hosting huge parties, anyway??"

Chen scoffed at Baekhyun giving him an amused look. "I didn't invite the entire neighborhood, duhh. It was just--just the h-half of the neighborhood." He replied. Starting with a sarcastic tone and finishing of with a bit of embarrassment, running towards his car.

"I don't even know why I keep letting you drag me to your parties." He groaned. Heading to the trunk of his friends car dumping all the bags inside while Chen stacks the boxes of pizza carefully making sure they don't slide down and get all messed up before slamming the door close. "It's because you love me, toothpick."

They got inside the car fixed their seatbelts and started the engine ready to head to Chen's.

Baekhyun was supposed to be in bed, resting. But there he was, sitting quietly beside his long-time friend in his car. Staring outside the window counting the streetlights in sight.

His mind pretty occupied by how Kris was being unpredictable. He didn't like how things were between the two of them. Rare, casual talks. With barely any content.

Baekhyun and Kris met through one of Chen's many parties back then. It was when Chen just got back home from China and Kris coming with him for a short vacation. Things started from then on. And unfortunately, it didn't last long.

It didn't take them long to arrive at Chen's. Despite the fact that Baekhyun has been to his house multiple times, or, as per Baekhyun's words, Chen's mansion, he still ends up amazed by how ridiculously huge his friend's home is.

The residence may look like an average home from the towering front gates. As you go further inside, you'll find a huge private parking area which could fit about 10 cars. A little further away from the parking place is his mother's beautiful, lush, flower garden. Filled with different kinds and colors of aromatic flowers. Going past the garden, at the end of the path, you'll reach the stairs leading to the main house. Sometimes, Baekhyun thinks the long road you take before you end up inside the house is what makes Chen so fit and energetic.

But that's just the main parts of the mansion, there's still the pool, the guest house that's also located within the vicinity of the residence, and the winery, that Chen's not allowed to take not a single drop from.

"Do you wanna go wait by the pool? Meet you there in a minute. I just gotta take this call, okay?"

Baekhyun nodded before the party host turned to his heels heading towards the garden with his phone to his ear.

He looked to his right where they emptied the bags of beer they bought earlier, taking one box and tearing it open, repeating with the rest of the other boxes. Placing them inside the cooler filled with ice.

"BAEK!"

Baekhyun jumped from the loud call, cursing under his breath and turning to face the person who called for him.

Kyungsoo launched himself towards his shaking friend, wrapping him in a tight bear hug before he can even mutter a word.

"I will seriously cut you Do Kyungsoo." He hissed at his laughing friend.

"I know you won't." Kyungsoo said in a flat tone. Adding a menacing smile which earned him an eye roll from Baekhyun.

"I was wondering why my creep of a friend was taking so long to finally get here. I overheard from Chen, Kai's bringing his baby." He replied in the same manner his friend did and they burst out laughing high fiving each other.

"BAEK!"

A different voice called, making Baekhyun jump once more.

"Seriously, people! You've gotta stop doing that! Sheesh!"

Kai approaching the two shorter male with a grin on his lips. Looking all cool and stylish with his plain white v-neck, black trucker jacket and black leather pants. Looking back at his friend he noticed that they are, in fact, wearing the same outfit. The only difference is their height, and Kyungsoo's cheeks.

"Well you couldn't have made it more obvious, huh?" Baekhyun giving them a devilish grin with a 'wink wink'.

Kyungsoo couldn't help but hide behind Kai, hiding his tomato face. "He's a bit shy. Well, not in bed he's not."

"OW!" the taller male groaned, rubbing his side from his lover's pinches and wrapping his arms around his glaring Kyungsoo. Baekhyun smiling and giggling at the both of them, very much amused at them dodging each other's tickles.

"Sooo. Are you okay, Baek?" Kyungsoo stated after a quick breath.

"Huh? Why would I not be?" Baekhyun tilted his head to the side, surprised by the question.

Kyungsoo smiled, shaking his head. "Just wanted to know."

"Come on, guys! Party's out back at the pool area, chop chop"

The three of them turned to where the announcement came from. Seeing Chen ushering his guests coming from the stairs pointing to his left where the gigantic pool is located.

When Chen noticed them just standing inside the house watching him tend to his guests, he gave them a slightly irritated eye-roll before marching towards them clapping his hands to get their attention.

"I said chop chop. Come on let's move it." He said in a high-pitched voice, startling them.

Kai automatically grabbed the cooler filled with booze in one arm and grabbing Kyungsoo on the other. Baekhyun being dragged along by his colleague with Chen's hand on his back as they all walked together like ants.

"Yes, y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter