Fourteen

Held
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was yet another call from a hospital regarding the product that they officially launched two years ago, and Baekhyun was more than ecstatic with how well the public has been helped by it.

"Thank you for the feedback, have a good one!"

He ended the call with a big smile across his face, shooting up from his chair with a yawn. "God, I'm bushed. Glad that's done." He stretched his hands upward as he walked over his desk, glancing at his colleague, Kyungsoo, behind the glass wall separating their offices, who was just finishing a call as well.

"Wow. The earpiece is really doing well, it's finally happening, Baek!" The younger male shouted, his voice being muffled by the seclusion of their rooms.

They jumped together, more than grateful for their success. Kyungsoo ran to his friend's office and beamed at the older male. "Guess what? Another customer's coming by tomorrow to personally buy one. It's just so odd that the customer knew my last name.."

"They did? What did they tell you?"

"He said he wasn't expecting to talk to me through phone but thanked and called me 'Do'. Anyway, you ready for dinner? I bet Kai nearly burned my kitchen again.."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at his friend. "He's trying, okay? And why am I even invited for dinner on your second wedding anniversary? Isn't that supposed to be just for you two?"

"Oh, don't be silly. Everyone's invited. We have something to announce later, so quit asking and get your bag, I'll get the car started." Kyungsoo dashed for the door, bowing and waving at their other colleagues.

He was left standing outside his office with a sigh. Realizing so much has changed in two years.

The whole team got promoted to a higher position through their hardwork. Kyungsoo is now head of Regulatory Affairs while Baekhyun is now the new head of R&D with a new batch of design engineers. Minho, Yunho, and Sehun are distributed as heads of Quality Control, Manufacturing and Validation. It's just that Kyungsoo wanted his office beside Baekhyun's and had Junmyeon approve their request to occupy the second biggest floor area for both departments to be in just one level of the building. Meanwhile, Minseok got promoted to Vice President, making him move to the floor just below Yixing's and Junmyeon's office.

"Baek hyung, Sir Kyungsoo's honking his horn like a madman out back. I think he's also screaming out your name.."

His thoughts came to a halt when one of his team members, Wonshik, shook his arm and pointed to the door with a worried look. "H-hyung?"

"Oh, yeah. I almost forgot he was getting the car. Sorry about that, and thanks. All of you, once you're done with your proposals you can all call it a day. Take care!" He scrambled back in his office to grab his bag and coat while sputtering as he ran for the door with a quick wave, leaving the whole office shrugging and chuckling.

Wonshik then proceeded to check his boss's desk for any notes or finished reports to be compiled on the filing cabinet beside his table.

"Trash..trash..oh. Folder..trash. Hmm. What's this?"

There was something beside Baekhyun's mouse that caught his attention, he picked it up with his two fingers and brought it up to his face. "A ring?"
 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were bickering the whole drive to the couple's home but as soon as they stepped out of the car and took out the surprise Kyungsoo had for his husband, it was like they never nagged one another at all with the both of them giggling and nodding.

"Okay, I'll open the door now. Be ready to shout 'happy anniversary' okay?? Oh , I'm so excited, Soo!" Baekhyun whispered loudly, tiptoeing to the door with Kyungsoo behind him and holding the box.

Baekhyun held out his hand, signaling a count.

1

 



2

 



3
 

 

He twisted the knob and pushed the door open with Kyungsoo ready to announce his arrival, but instead of him throwing the surprise, he was welcomed by a group of people, his and his husband's group of friends crowding him and Baekhyun accompanied by their loud cheering. "Surpriiiiise!"

It just had Kyungsoo gaping and laughing together with Baekhyun who had the same reaction as him. Everyone was there to celebrate their wedding anniversary with them and it made them the happiest.

Kai made his way through the middle with his hands behind his back, stopping in front of his husband, wearing the biggest smile in the world. "Happy second year to us, baby." Holding out a daffodil towards him, his eyes slightly reddening as he pulled his husband into an embrace.

Everybody cooed at the couple, patting their backs and pulling them both including Baekhyun inside the house.
 

 

 

 

 

"It's good to see you guys tonight. Thank you for coming for dinner. I hope my husband cooked enough for the nine of us."

The tall male started laying out dishes and cutlery as their visitors took their seats. Kris and Junmyeon came before Kyungsoo and Baekhyun did. They were beside Minseok and Chen, occupying the same side of the table with Sehun together with his partner, Luhan. Baekhyun took the empty seat beside the owners of the home after helping them set up the table, mouth watering at the sight of the feast that Kai had made. Also doubting Kai's kitchen skills to be this great since it all looked really wonderful.

"Oh, it's more than just for the nine of us. There are others coming. They should be here any moment now.." Kai replied to his husband, Baekhyun not being able to hear him for he was too busy admiring the banquet in front of him.

"So they made it, afterall. Anyway, where's your helper. Come on, I know you didn't make all of this, babe. Where is he?" Kyungsoo chuckled and raised a brow at his husband who was a pouting mess.

"You really don't think I can do this by myself? You're so mean. For your information, Chanyeol and I did the same amount of work."

 


Wait, what?
 

 

Baekhyun's smile slowly faded, that was the only thing he heard out of all the others had said tonight. It's his name.

It felt like as if time started going by in the slowest pace. The air felt thicker, heavier than a few seconds before his name was mentioned.

He's here, Baekhyun thought, after two years since he left for the second time.
 

 

"Well, I wouldn't say that..."
 

 

There it is. His voice. His deep, warm voice.
 

 

"...I kinda did most of them, Kim. Stop lying to my bestfriend."
 

 

A tall male comes walking towards the table with a ceramic bowl in his hands, smiling at them, and at him.

His hair color changed, from the color of the nightsky, to the same hue as his beautiful eyes. He's gotten much bigger too, physically. Maybe he's been working out, Baekhyun thought. But his smile, it never changed, it's still that heart-warming, toothy smile of his.

"Look who's here, guys. If it isn't Park freaking Chanyeol. I'm happy you're back." Kyungsoo ran to his childhood friend and punched him in the arm.

"Doesn't look like it though, geez." The taller male winced and placed the bowl down on the table, making eye contact with a nervous Baekhyun.
 

 

Then the  doorbell rang.
 

 

"It must be Sir Zitao and his husband." Kai ran to the door, everybody's eyes fixed on the door to greet the other guests.

All but Chanyeol who had his eyes only on Baekhyun who did the same.

"Heeey! Guys you're here. Come in, come in."

Kai ushered Zitao and Yixing to the dining table after a few quick hugs and pats on the back.
 

 

 

"You're here.." Baekhyun exhaled, still not convinced that he is right in front of him.
 

 

 

"Yeah, the three of us are staying for good this time. The branch in China is already stable so there's no need for us to stay any further." Yixing exclaimed, clasping his hands together. "Happy Anniversary you guys. We brought you a little something something. We've been saving this for a special occasion." Handing a box of champagne over to Kai.
 

 

 

"I'm here.." Chanyeol whispered as well, still in awe with how beautiful the man in front of him was, and his hair color different than before made him even more radiant.
 

 

 

It's like there's just the two of them in the room. Until Kyungsoo cleared his throat and had everyone get to their seats so they can finally start their meal. Chanyeol took the seat next to Baekhyun since it was the only one available, not th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter