Fifteen

Held
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Will you stop pacing back and forth you're making me dizzy, Baek. What's wrong with you?" Kyungsoo groaned and grabbed his friend's arm to prevent him from what he's doing.

Baekhyun whined and buried his face on his friend's shoulder. "Why did I even say yes, Soo. Why. Why did I do that? Whyyyy."

"Say yes to what? Don't tell me someone borrowed money from you?? How much is it? Who did you lend money to??"

"Chill! Sheesh. It's Chanyeol. He said he's--"

"Byunnie! Do!"

They both froze upon hearing that booming voice coming from the entrance of the department.

"Ohhh. Should I leave, Byunnie?" Kyungsoo smiled mockingly at his friend when he straightened himself up.

"Hi. I have an appointment with Mr. Kim." The tall male chuckled and winked at Kyungsoo. "Is it all ready to go?"

"Yep. It's downstairs with Yunho hyung. I'm gonna go and get it real quick, okay?" Nudging Baekhyun's side as he turned to him.

"Baek. Keep Channie company while I go get the equipment, okay?" Smiling ever so widely at the older male who was probably choking him in his mind.

"Sure. Sure. No problem." He said between his gritted teeth and forced smile. "Go take all the time you need."

Though it didn't work with Kyungsoo. Nothing ever threatens the male, anyway. He left with a satisfied look, making funny faces at Baekhyun before disappearing into the elevators.

"You can wait here inside my office." The shorter male offered a seat to Chanyeol and walked over to his desk, fixing all sorts of papers and boxes shoving them to the side.

"Wow. You have your office now. That's neat." The tall male commented, sitting down while studying the room.

Baekhyun nodded with a smile. "I know. Well. Two years is a lot of time for changes." Sighing at his words. A sigh that meant both positive and negative.

Two years of battling with his thoughts whether he should wait for the tall male to come back to him or totally give up all his hopes because he's just making himself suffer. And he chose to give up on waiting. Because there really wasn't any guarantee of his return, and if he were to return, will it be for him? Of course not, he thought.

Only a fool would believe so. But here he is, finally. He's back. And right in front of him. Just like last night at dinner. He's really seeing him face to face, in the same room. Just to be completely let down once again when he heard him in the phone outside Kyungsoo and Kai's home.

"Yeah. That's lots of time." He repeated after the shorter male, noticing a tall male approaching the office.

"Knock knock." Said the tall male, bowing slightly at Chanyeol before walking to Baekhyun.

Chanyeol observed how the other person behaved around his ex-lover because by the way he came in the room, they seemed to be close and that didn't make the tall male smile at all.

"I personally liked the third proposal. It's awesome." He exclaimed, holding the shorter male's arm as he handed him the folder he brought with him.

"Wonshik, you just like it because it's yours. Stop fooling around." Baekhyun jokingly pushed the tall male away from him.

He completely disliked what he was seeing, though what right did he have to feel this way in the first place. Because most important of all, they broke up. Long time ago. But Chanyeol thought to himself, is it so wrong to want a person all to yourself? Even if it's just in your head. Because he still wanted that person. He came back for that person. He still loved that person. He never stopped, afterall.

Now why would he be curling his fists at the sight of some man who's not him being all smiles and touchy around the man that he loves.

"I got something for you. But.." Wonshik scratched the back of his head, laughing as he continued. "I lost it at home. When I find it, I'm gonna give it to you right away."

Chanyeol could only roll his eyes to himself and look the other way.

"Fine. Just make sure it isn't trash. I'm really gonna smack you."

"But it isn't! I think it's important to you. Anyway, I just stopped by to hand you the proposals. I'm leaving since you have a client."

Wonshik referred to the male seated in front of Baekhyun's desk, pretending he didn't care about their conversation.

"Oh. Yeah. He's a..uhm. Friend. Chanyeol, this is Wonshik. This is Chanyeol."

"Chanyeol? Hm. Why does it sound familiar, hyung?" Wonshik smirked at his boss, earning himself a pinch on his thigh. Of course without it going unnoticed by Chanyeol.

The seated male just gave a quick smile and a single nod at Baekhyun's junior employee before going back to pretending to mind his own business.

"Okay I got it here, Channie. You just have to sign a few papers and it's yours." It was Kyungsoo, carrying the brand new medical equipment. "The papers are in my office. Let's go."

He quickly stood up and fixed his shirt, looking at Baekhyun. "I'll wait for you downstairs, okay?" And he followed after Kyungsoo into his office. Closing the door and shutting the blinds down.

"That's him, right? Your ex-fiancé?" Wonshik giggled behind him. "That's odd. He seemed..jealous." Wiggling his brows at his boss.

"Oh would you stop it." Dismissing the younger male with a hiss and a shove. "Go. Work. You're stalling. You have exactly fifteen more minutes before shift ends."

The taller male didn't argue, and just headed for the door. Not without teasing the older male one more time.

"Have fun with your date, hyung!"

Good thing his reflexes were excellent and swiftly closed the door just before getting hit by an empty box of paper clips.

With a loud sigh, Baekhyun started cleaning up his desk for he still had ten minutes before he could go home. In his case, ten minutes til he's alone with Chanyeol. And that made him nervous all of the sudden.

He shook his head and massaged his temples thinking he brought himself a headache waiting to happen. Who in the right mind would agree to spend time with his ex-fiancé when he's not a hundred percent over him, he thought to himself.

"What in the world was I thinking." He whispered, piling his finished reports and planners to the side, this time neater. He glanced over to his side to see that Kyungsoo's office blinds are now raised, and that they're just finishing up after their contract signing. He didn't notice himself staring for too long that Chanyeol saw him doing so, gesturing over to the door as he walked out of the office, he just nodded in return.

His eyes were now at Kyungsoo who was grinning maniacally at him. Baekhyun stuck out his tongue at him and finished up on his sorting. Grabbing his bag, killing the lights before heading to Kyungsoo's office.

"I didn't know Channie's gonna pick you up tonight? You're keeping secrets now, huh."

"I'm not keeping secrets from you. And this is nothing serious, really. He said he needed help with something so I'm just being a good friend." He explained to his still grinning friend, groaning at his teasing.

"Friend my foot. I bet he's courting you."

"Oh don't you dare give me false hopes, Soo."

"So you are hoping he is? Hmm.."

Baekhyun gave him one last eyeroll as he turned to the door. "He's already taken. I'm heading down. He's probably waiting."

Kyungsoo crossed his arms over his chest, chuckling. "Yeah he's waiting. For you! He's not taken you fool."

"Whatever.." The older male dismissed his friend's response and closed the door.
 

 

 

 

 

 

"Uh..Chanyeol? What are we doing here?" The smaller male glanced to his left and back to the window.

The car stopped in front of a restaurant by the sea, which had Baekhyun thinking why. Because, as far as he could remember, Chanyeol had asked him for his help. Not dinner.

Chanyeol pulled the handbreak up and exhaled, rubbing hands together to warm them up. "It's almost eight. I know you haven't had dinner yet. Of course, I snatched you right away. And I'm starving. So, let's go." He smiled and pressed the button to release his seatbelt, stopping when he noticed his passenger wasn't moving, blankly staring at him as if he had said something in a different language. The tall male chuckled and shook his head. "Alright. I lied, okay? I wanted to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter