Eleven

Held
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You've got to stop thinking about him, Baek. It's been three days."

Kyungsoo held Baekhyun in a tight embrace as he pleaded to the older male. They both curled up on the older male's bed along with dozens of crumpled tissue papers scattered almost everywhere. Baekhyun heaved a sigh and rested his cheek on Kyungsoo's arm, tears still rolling down his temple.

"I don't get it. He looks..he looks as if nothing ever happened. He talks to me. Looks at me. He even came to my house. What a jerk." He sniffled and held another crumpled tissue paper against the corner of his eyes in hopes to stop tears from falling.

He was really hurt. Sad. Seeing him after half a year of begging and trying to reach him badly striked Baekhyun's being finally stable. Right when he was barely starting to finally let go, Chanyeol comes rushing back in the picture. Even though his return didn't mean coming back into Baekhyun's arms and they can all love and live happy again, no. It's just that it makes it harder for Baekhyun to continue his moving on process with that person he's trying to forget being all okay and jolly like it never hurt him leaving and disabling him. Baekhyun needs closure.

"You're gonna see him again more often. Because of me and Kai. Will you be okay?" The younger male ran his hand over Baekhyun's dark hair, sighing as the thought of his friend having a hard time because of his wedding preparations gave him a stinging sensation on his nose as well. "I mean. You'll have to at least try right?"

"Soo. He was my fiancé. And is going to be attending your wedding that I'm also going too. Unless you don't want me ther---"

"I am going to break all your bones if you even dare backing out on me, you hear me?"

The older male bursted out laughing at his friend's words even though he knew Kyungsoo meant it.

"Of course I'm never gonna miss your wedding you idiot. But, by the way..."

Kyungsoo sat up along with Baekhyun and waited for the rest of his sentence. "What is it?"

"Did you notice how cold Chanyeol was towards your fiancée?"

Now that he's mentioned it, Kyungsoo stared at him and tilted his head to the side realization hitting him hard. "Hmm. Yeah. I noticed it too and I thought it was just me. Not that he's perfectly super friendly towards you too. But..hmm. He kinda is. Especially, when you left and Kai followed you. He said something.."

Baekhyun's eyes lowered down to his hands, staring at his empty ring finger. "Do I want to know what he said?" He slowly looked back up at his friend and bit his upper lip. Unsure about wanting to know details of what he missed later that evening.

"Remember he sat beside me? He muttered something almost inaudible, good thing I have good hearing--"

"For the love of--just spill it, Kyungsoo!"

"Fine! He said that he did the right thing!"

The older male was confused about what that meant. What was it about him doing the right thing? Doing the right thing about going to his house? Leaving him? Hurting him? What kind of lame comment was that, Baekhyun thought.

"What the hell does that even mean.." He whispered. Tears forming once more.

"I have not a single idea. I'm still furious with him myself. I wanted to choke the life out of him for what he's done to you."

And just when Baekhyun was about to start wailing again, his phone rang.

"H-hello?"

"Baekhyun stop it. He's not worth it."

"C-chen?" His eyes popped wide open upon hearing his close friend's voice for he didn't even look at the caller id when he picked up his phone. He's been lying to Chen about being okay and all but now he's busted because of his voice. Baekhyun knows out of everyone that Chen can be a little violent when it comes to him being hurt.

"Don't you make me march up to his house and beat him to pulp because of that sniffling, Baekhyun. I swear to hell, I'm gonna kill him. You've suffered enough."

"Chen. Please. I'm okay now. I'm just a little sick that's all. You can calm down now, hm? I'm with Kyungsoo right now."

Chen sighed and paused for a while. Letting another heavy breath before speaking. "Okay."

"Thanks so much, Chen. You've done more than enough for me. All of you."

"You know why we care so much, right? We're all family. Well, except for your jerk of an ex-fiancée, of course."

Baekhyun couldn't help but laugh at his very polite way of speaking. "Ha ha. Funny."

"Kai's staying over tomorrow?"

"Yeah. They won't leave me alone and I'm tired of it." Fake sighing.

"Hey! I can hear you very loudly you know that, right?" Kyungsoo smacked the older male on the back of his head before stomping away from the bed and headed for the bathroom with his tongue sticking out.

"How are your hands?"

The question caught Baekhyun a bit off-guard. He knew Chen saw him and Kai just after the dinner party ended. And it wasn't a pretty scene at all. For the millionth time, he broke down and lost all control.

 

 

 

That night...

 

 



"You're a big freaking jerk, Park Chanyeol." Kyungsoo muttered loud enough for everyone to hear, he huffed when the tall male ignored his insult and ruffled his hair as he sat down beside the fuming younger male.

"And I missed you so much too, Do." The tall male chuckled and popped open the bottle of wine that he brought with him, casually reaching for the shorter's glass and pouring some of the crimson liquid til the glass was half full. "There's plenty for everyone, don't worry. I still have like five of them in my car." He added, pushing the glass onto Kyungsoo's palm before taking another glass from across the table.

They all watched silently as Chanyeol emptied the bottle for the last glass that was for Baekhyun.

"Here." He smiled at the party host and placed the glass in front of the shorter male who avoided his eyes since he sat down after opening the door for him. "Well, how's everyone? Sorry I missed the rehearsal this morning, I had a bad headache after our flight last night."

Everyone just sat still without a single word, studying and staring at the tall male who gave them the biggest smile in the world. And that smile made Chen's blood boil with hatred towards the tall male, seeing how Baekhyun was starting to heave breaths and fidget with his glass and fingers.

"We thought you'd never come back." Kai scoffed and leaned back on his chair, eyes still glaring at Chanyeol who was doing the same towards the younger male.

"I wouldn't. If it wasn't only for Do, I'll never come back." Chanyeol smiled through his hard, cold stare towards Kai, lifting his glass to his lips and emptying it in one go.

"You're unbelievable, Park Chanyeol." It was Chen, his voice was shaking with anger, and Minseok sensed how dangerous this current situation would get if he didn't do anything about his partner's emotions. "You even had the freaking courage to come to Baekhyun's house after leaving him!" Chen spat at him and was about to lunge for the tall male's neck if not for Minho and Yixing grabbing his arms and dragging him up the rooftop as he continued to shout harsh things and thrash all over the place. "Chen, please! Calm down!" Minho pleaded, glancing at Baekhyun, hoping he's not gonna have another attack.

"I would've apologized for the way he acted. But, my boyfriend's right." Minseok sighed and took their things before following behind his friends.

"Hm. They're dating? Good for them." Chanyeol nodded and looked at his glass, twirling the remaining drops of wine at the bottom. "Since I think they're not drinking this anymore, might as well.." He winked at Kyungsoo and emptied two more glasses.

Baekhyun collected enough courage and slowly looked up to face the man in front of him. He felt happy, devastated, confused altogether, clenching his fists in his lap and stopping himself from bursting into tears.

He was still that Chanyeol that he met long ago. His voice, still that wonderful. His smile, still brightens up his soul in a way. His eyes, dreamy as ever. Baekhyun forced himself to look away from him. It was too painful. Even though he didn't want to take his eyes away from him just for tonight. Just for tonight, he thought. But he just couldn't. He loved him too much.

"C-can you excuse me for a s-se.."

Baekhyun couldn't even finish his sentence when he choked on his own sob, shakingly shooting up from his chair and dashing for the door.

Kyungsoo gave his fiancé an alarmed and knowing look before motioning towards Baekhyun without Chanyeol noticing. Kai understood what he meant right away and ran after the older male which had Chanyeol scoffing and shaking his head.

"Is he even on his right mind?" The tall male muttered silently under his breath and took another glass from across him.

"You have no idea why I left, do you?" He sighed and drank his wine in one gulp. Kyungsoo eyed him, confused and annoyed by his different attitude.

"Because you're a stupid stupid piece of trash, that's it. Leaving Baekhyun when he needed you most." The short male hissed and stood from his seat.

"I did the right thing. I hope you do too before it's too late." He whispered, but was loud enough for Kyungsoo to hear.

They heard footsteps coming from the stairs and not long after, Yixing and Minseok came to the kitchen saying their goodbyes and thanks for  the meal and to relay the gratitude to Baekhyun as well, apoligizing for leaving without having telling him.

"I'm sure he'll understand. It's getting late too. I wouldn't want your husband to get all worried, Sir Yixing, and thank you for attending the rehearsal."

With most of their guests leaving, Chanyeol was still silently drinking by himself in the dining table.

"Well, I think we should get going too, Do. Go get your precious boy." The tall male stretched out his arms and stood up. He started cleaning up the table and placed them all on the sink which had the smaller male staring as Chanyeol paused when he saw the familiar apron that was hung on the side of the fridge. It was Gran's. Which made him wonder why the sweet old lady wasn't home. Maybe she's sleeping already, he thought.

"Kai's staying the night."

"Oh. Okay. I guess you trust them that much, hey?" He scoffed and shook his head, heading for the door when he saw someone seated on the couch.

"So, you're him? Tch."

Minho stood up and looked him straight in the eye. "Stay away from him. He's had enough." His words were firm and direct, making Chanyeol a bit pissed. Just who was he, he thought. Ordering him around just for Baekhyun. Who was that man to his ex-fiancée, he wondered.

The older male turned his back on Chanyeol and slammed the door a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter