One

Held
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun typed and typed like there's no tomorrow. He's been sitting in front of the computer monitor for almost two hours now. He liked to get things done as soon as possible.

Click here. Click there. Just a little more polishing and he's done with his report for this week. Whipping his little strands of black hair aside with a huff, a smile, slowly widening, escapes his lips.

"Finally!" He exclaimed. Stretching his slender arms, taking a deep breath. The short male bobbed his head left and right humming a tune out of happiness. "It's finally dooone!" He sang.

"Ready to go?" Baekhyun nodded happily, looking at Kyungsoo. Looking back at his desk he began collecting his stuff. Picking up his folders and pens together with his finished output for tomorrow's presentation.

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun proceeded to the front desk of the internet cafe, asking for their total for both units and for the printing. "You owe me just ten dollars for everything." The attendant said, double-checking the screen before turning to both of them.

"Thanks for coming with me, Baek. I know you have a laptop at home and you could've just used that and be comfortable at home but you came with me instead." Kyungsoo smiled at Baekhyun while he rummaged for some change in his brown leather coin purse, jingling some coins on his palm and placing it on the counter.

The black-haired male chuckled and jokingly ruffled the other's equally dark locks. "Stop it already. How many times did I tell you we didn't have a printer at home? And it's just a few blocks away from my house. Don't sweat it."

The older male smiled widely at his colleague fixing his own folders inside his brown letterman bag neatly so they won't get all creased up.

"By the way, come have dinner at home. Grandma's gonna love to see you!" Baekhyun almost jumped and tugged on Kyungsoo's sleeve, batting his lashes at him like a little girl. Kyungsoo glared at him pushing the older male's hands off him. "I would love to come, but I'd also like to kick you in the shin for doing that." He grumbled to the guy beside him before they both burst out laughing.

After settling the payment they hurried outside of the cafe playfully pushing one another on their way to Baekhyun's house. They talked about how their boss almost made them stay and do more work, both of them groaned and shook their heads in disagreement.

"How are you two doing?" The younger male glanced at Baekhyun who sighed as soon as he heard his question. He hesistated for a while and bit his lip. "Well, I guess, not so good?" Baekhyun said in a soft voice, looking down at his moving feet.

"I thought he was sweet? What happened?" Kyungsoo continued, moving closer to his friend.

"I-I don't really know why either. He just--just disappears for like a week and then texts me out of the blue the following week like nothing happened, like we never lost contact." Baekhyun's brows furrowed at the thought of what his somewhat-lover has been doing to him the past three months.

"We talked earlier, before we got off work. He said he missed me. Tch." He rolled his eyes at his words and just remembered he hasn't told his grandmother that Kyungsoo's coming with him.

And just when Baekhyun's about to text his grandmother a heads up bringing company for dinner he reached for his pocket and let out a loud gasp.

"My phone!!" His eyes widened, frantically shoving his hands on both pockets. It really wasn't there. He let an even louder gasp and ran around in circles which worried Kyungsoo.

"Hey, hey, HEY! Would you stop moving for a second?! Let's trace our steps and think of the places you remember still having it." Kyungsoo grabbed his friend by the sleeve and held him in place before he passes out panicking.

"I still had it while doing our reports. Uhm, uh, maybe I left it there at the desk I used!"

But before Kyungsoo could say anything Baekhyun already dashed away running back to the internet cafe.

As soon as Baekhyun got to the cafe's door he swung it open and launched himself towards the entrance. But he found himself buried in someone's rather strong chest. He almost fell on his if not for the said person with the strong chest's strong hands holding him close.

The shorter male blinked twice and pushed the taller male away from him, quickly bowing and proceeding to run to the cafe attendant's desk.

As if the attendant was expecting him to come back he smiled at Baekhyun and chuckled as his customer sweated beads and panted like a dog trying to force words out of his mouth.

Baekhyun slammed both his hands on the desk and raised a finger still panting as he started with his words.

"Did..hyou. Pho..cell.. Here. Left." He took a deep breath and slowly calmed himself down, his temples pulsing, legs shaking.

"Did you, perhaps, find a small black and red phone on the units me and my friend rented earlier?"

The attended smiled and opened a drawer to his left pulling out the same phone Baekhyun described. "You should be more careful next time kiddo." He said with a smile, handing the phone to his customer.

Baekhyun beamed and held his almost-lost phone close to him, bowing to the attended and thanking him again and again before turning around slowly walking towards the door staring at his phone in relief.

When he got outside the internet cafe he found his friend in the middle of a conversation with two tall guys. Kyungsoo noticed his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter