Nine.

When Our Stars Align
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene panicked as she placed the balloons all over the room. She invited her members and BTS members along as well to the hotel. The girls were in the room, preparing the decorations and food for Taehyung's birthday party. Irene was busy arranging the desserts table with the cake she had ordered from her friend's bakery. Irene arranged the candles on the table and slowly placed the cake on the cakestand. The members helped her out with the decorations, from blowing up balloons and putting streamers across the room walls. They are expecting the BTS members and Taehyung to arrive anytime soon and they were actually running late in the party preparations.

"Are you guys done with the balloons and decorations?" Irene shouted across the room.

"Yeah, almost done unnie! Wanna have a look?" Seulgi replied back.

Irene walked to the center of the room, looking around at the efforts of the member's hardwork. Irene smiled and gave the members a thumbs up. "It's perfect. Thanks girls." Irene said and smiled. 

It was just in time when the doorbell rung. "Oh , they are here so soon?" Wendy gasped in shock.

"Okay, hiding time." Irene said.

Seulgi walked forward. The other four girls went into their hiding positions as discussed between themselves earlier on. Joy hide behind the bed with Yeri and Wendy, whereas Irene hid herself inside the closet with the doors shut tightly. She took the cake along and slowly lighted up the candles on the cake and ran towards the closet. Irene looked through the small openings of the closet door as Seulgi inched towards the door slowly while giggling softly to herself.

"Shh..." Irene hissed.

"Ok.ok." Seulgi said as she opened the door.

"Hey guys! Welcome in!" Seulgi said as she welcomed the BTS members into the hotel.

The members went in hurriedly while checking around in caution for any hidden cameras or paparazzis. "Have a seat! Happy Birthday Taehyung-ah!" Seulgi said while wearing a bright smile.

Taehyung smiled and thanked Seulgi while looking around the room uncomfortably. "Where are the rest?" Taehyung asked.

"The rest? Oh-" Seulgi said and it was at that moment the girls jumped out from the bed. 

"SURPRISE!" Joy, Wendy and Yeri shouted in unison, gaining such shock and surprise from the BTS members.

"Oh- , I did not expect that coming." Rap Monster muttered to himself.

The members laughed except for Taehyung who was still looking around for that particular person - Irene. Seulgi and the members looked at Taehyung and giggled to themselves. Taehyung then looked at the closet, which seemed to have something burning from it. There was also a smell of the burning wax - which was noticeably obvious in a well-scented room. Taehyung walked towards the closet suspiciously but was stopped by Seulgi and Yeri.

"Where are you going, Taehyung-sshi?" Yeri asked.

Taehyung kept his eye locked at the closet. "Is... is there somebody in there?" Taehyung asked.

Seulgi shook her head innocently. "I don't know.. who are you looking for?" Seulgi replied.

Taehyung shrugged his shoulders. "There.. there's something burning in there. There's this burning wax smell coming from in that closet." Taehyung stated as he walked further and opened the closet, but to be surprised by Irene sitting inside with the lighted candles and his birthday cake. 

Irene wore a sweet smile as she had her hair tied up in her ponytail with her elegant air bangs, she wore simple make-up and had a bright red lipstick on her lips. She then sang to him his birthday song, and the other members joined in with the song. They clapped their hands and chanted Taehyung's name out in the song and ended the song with a bang. Irene smirked and tipped off some whipped cream off the cake and swatched it right across Taehyung's cheek. Taehyung stepped back in shock and fear as he started bursting into laughter. They played with the frosting, applying it on each other's faces while running away from one another like small kids in the playground.

 

Irene sat with Taehyung aside in the hotel room, while the other members chatted and played with themselves. Irene scooted towards Taehyung on the bed as Taehyung wrapped his arms around Irene's tiny shoulders. "Happy Birthday Taehyung-ah.." Irene whispered to him while holding onto his hands tightly. Taehyung turned and gave the killer smile to her and pecked her cheeks playfully.

"Thank you noona. It was really fun today. I did not expect you to celebrate my birthday knowing that you had practices." Taehyung replied. "W-Wait, you lied to me about practices didn't you?" Taehyung said.

Irene shook her head in denial. "Practices did happen. It's just that we only practiced till evening. We got the night to ourselves, since tomorrow's another jam-packed day because of the MBC Gayo Daejun." Irene explained.

Taehyung looked at Irene and pouted. "You still lied about it, I'm going to punish you." Taehyung said.

Irene laughed. "Punish me? Like as if you would." Irene scoffed.

Taehyung smirked and kissed Irene on the lips out of the blue. Irene's eyes widened in shock and Taehyung bit her lips playfully, letting Irene groan over the bitten lips. Taehyung pulled away and laughed at Irene whom smacked his shoulder back. 

"Ugh, it hurts." Irene said as she touched her lips.

"It's not even bleeding or anything. It was a soft bite." Taehyung joked.

Irene rolled her eyes. "Whatever, Kim Taehyung." Irene said and at that moment Taehyung leaned towards her again and give a long soft kiss on her lips.

Irene blinked her eyes again as their lips met. He kissed her again when she was not expecting it and she felt that tingling butterflies-in-the-stomach sensation that she had always felt whenever she was around with him. "St-stop it." Irene said as they pulled away from the kiss.

"You don't like it noona?" Taehyung asked.

Irene shook her head. "n-n-no.. It's not that. You just did it too sudden, and I'm just.. I'm just embarrassed." Irene replied.

Taehyung smiled and ruffled her hair playfully. "That's what I like about you, noona." Taehyung said. "You're so adorable." Taehyung added on which made Irene blushed upon hearing his compliment.

 

Just as they stopped with their intimate conversation, loud commotion could be heard from the other room where Joy and Jin started bickering at each other. Irene and Taehyung walked out to the room and into the hostile situation between Joy and Jin. Joy and Jin had been in bad terms ever since the incident between Jungkook and Yeri backstage and Joy had never thought of Jin in a good light for Jungkook's actions that day. She condemned Jin's lack of control over Jungkook back then and she had never once forgiven or forgotten about it ever since that day. Up to date, she had never seen him in a good light but continue criticising his flaws. Jin, too had grown annoyed over Joy's persistent criticisms that he had no other choice but to defend himself and retort back to Joy's criticisms.

"If you had cared for your members-" Joy said.

"Why are you bringing this up again? It's over." Jin replied.

Joy rolled her eyes. "I'm just saying this because we're on that topic." Joy stated. "I'm just saying, you don't have to get all defense and hostile over my opinion." Joy added on.

"What opinion is there? All you did was to keep criticising me ever since that incident backstage. Like as if I owe you anything. If you are any better, you wouldn't be here harping over spilled milk." Jin retorted back.

The members sighed and frowned at the tense situation between Joy and Jin. Joy and Jin didn't used to have such bad blood earlier on, but it all changed ever since that backstage incident. Suga stepped into their conversation and pulled Jin away. "Okay guys, we get it. Stop it already, you all are embarrassing yourselves right now." Suga said.

"She's embarrassing herself. It was all fun and happy until you suddenly criticise me again." Jin said.

"I wouldn't have criticise you if Yeri didn't cry to me about Jungkook-sshi at night." Joy stated as Jungkook looked at Yeri worriedly.

"Y--you cried?" Jungkook asked.

Yeri's eyes grew big as she bit her lips nervously. "I.. Uh.. y-yeah. I did. I did cry, but I'm fine now." Yeri said.

Jungkook pulled her in for a hug. "I'm so sorry Yeriminie-ah... I upsetted you unknowingly..." Jungkook whispered to her. Joy sighed as she saw the two lovebirds reconcile with each other. 

"It's all good now, Joy-sshi, can you just look over the issue please." Jungkook said as Yeri nodded her head.

Joy sighed and rolled her eyes. "I'm sorry then." Joy said.

Jin nodded his head. "I'm sorry too. If I was harsh to you earlier on." Jin said.

"Well, it's settled then. Let's just eat and have fun, shall we?" Jimin said as the members started to laugh.

 

Taehyung went back after the party with the other members. They have used an outing birthday celebration as an excuse for their disappearance over the night to their manager and the manager bought their reason without any doubt. They were on 2 separate taxis on their route back to their dorm, with Jun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter