Ten.

When Our Stars Align
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene sat quietly as the door opened and revealed a panting Taehyung. Irene widened her eyes in shock. *He came in the end.* Irene thought to herself as she looked away and looked at her members. Wendy looked at Irene worriedly as she went and took her hand gently. "You okay?" Wendy whispered to her.

Irene nodded her head. Wendy and Seulgi sat beside Irene at the table and they looked at Irene and gently held her hand tightly to comfort her. Irene looked down in attempt to avoid Taehyung's glaze as he entered the room. Tiffany went over and hugged Taehyung whom slowly pushed her away in response as he took a seat at the table. Tiffany reserved a seat for him beside her and it was a seat right across from Irene's seat. Irene sighed as she could see Taehyung sitting down and nervously glancing towards Irene from the corner of her eye.

"Hello.." Taehyung said in an awkward soft tone.

The Red Velvet members greeted Taehyung back and Irene nodded her head silently. Tiffany started ordering unagi and other dishes and they were all waiting for the food to arrive. Tiffany got preoccupied with chatting with her members that Taehyung was left at the corner of the table to himself. The Red velvet members would occasionally look at Taehyung and checked back on their leader, who pretended to be oblivious of the entire awkward situation. 

Taehyung snuck out his phone and texted Irene secretly with his phone placed between his thighs. The message read:

Taehyung: Noona, are you okay? I'm sorry that this had to happen..

Irene looked up at Taehyung with an expressionless look and texted him back.

Irene: I'm.. I'm fine I guess. 

Taehyung: You're not fine, noona.. I am really sorry. I'll tell her about us.

Irene: What? Are you crazy?

Taehyung: I don't want to see you being in between us. Especially since you're my girlfriend now.

Irene: If you tell her, everyone's gonna know about us soon.

Taehyung: If I don't, she would always try to get to me.. and I don't like it.

Irene: Are you really going to tell her then?

Taehyung: Noona... trust me on this one.

Irene did not know how to reply to his message and she turned her phone off and the food arrived thereafter. "Let's dig in shall we guys?" Tiffany squealed in excitement as she picked up her chopsticks and picked the unagi out from the plates infront of her.

 

Everyone started eating. During the dinner, Tiffany suddenly took the attention away from the food and said, "Okay guys. I haven't properly introduced him yet, but this is Kim Taehyung, otherwise known as V, from Bangtan Boys. Y'all know him right? They're really hot this year with their award in AMAs."

The Girls Generation members smiled widely and greeted him as Taehyung stood up and bowed at his seniors politely. Tiffany then continued and said, "So... to be honest, we have been talking via chats and texting for awhile since 2015.. and we sort of liked each other and we dated then. I feel bad because I didn't text him or talk to him at all in 2017 which is definitely my fault for ignoring him, but since I'm back in Seoul, I'm more free now and I've my things settled in the states, so here you go guys, I'm officially dating him." 

Taeyeon cheered for Tiffany happily as she clapped her hands but the cheers was interrupted by Taehyung. "I'm sorry Tiffany noona... but I told you I'm dating someone else right now." Taehyung confessed.

Irene widened her eyes in shock. She could not believe Taehyung would be saying it out in the dinner table like this. She had thought the confession would be more private than it actually was. Wendy and Seulgi turned and looked at Irene as Taehyung turned his head towards Irene and looked at her into her eyes. Everyone on the table turned to Irene.

Taehyung then said, "To be honest, I'm dating Irene-sshi now." 

Tiffany gasped in shock as she turned her head to Irene in disbelief. "Is it true?" Tiffany said.

Irene bit her lips nervously. She did not know what to do at that moment - to agree or just remain silent? She was having mixed feelings and her mind was lost. The Girls' Generation members gasped in shock as they could not believe what Taehyung had confessed.

"What's going on now, so Taehyung's not dating you?" Taeyeon asked as she pointed at Tiffany.

Tiffany sighed. "I didn't know it would turn out like this... The last thing I would have thought was that you are dating Irene." Tiffany said.

Irene bit her lips. "Sorry.. I need to go." Irene said as she ran out of the room hurriedly. It was too awkward and each minute was killing her.

Wendy followed behind Irene. "Sorry, I'll go after her. You guys enjoy!" Wendy said and chased after Irene.

Taehyung was about to follow and run after Irene but was stopped by Tiffany who grabbed onto his shoulder. "You can't just go like that. You've gotta explain everything to me." Tiffany said.

"Noona.. there's nothing left for me to explain." Taehyung said. "We've already ended. Ever since we've stop talking. There's nothing between us anymore. No more sparks. Nothing left." Taehyung explained.

Tiffany sighed. "What if, I told you I was really busy all these while and you're just not understanding? I thought we've more than this." Tiffany said.

"You're busy, I get it. However, I don't think ignoring me is the way to justify your busy schedules. I get that it was hard for you to do your own things now but ignoring me over the years... I don't know what you'd expect from me." Taehyung replied.

"Woah guys, calm down." Taeyeon said worriedly.

Sooyoung frowned. "Tiffany-ah, it's okay.." Sooyoung muttered.

Tiffany sighed again. "I didn't expect myself to be rejected like this. I am such a fool for thinking you might have that thing for me still. I'm really stupid." Tiffany said as she sat on her chair and crossed her arms. 

Hyoyeon and Taeyeon went over to Tiffany and comforted her as she started shedding tears. Taehyung looked at her apologetically as he felt bad for being harsh with her and for the sudden public confession of his relationship with Irene. His confession had shocked everyone on the table, including Irene and everyone felt bad for Tiffany who was made into a fool for inviting Taehyung and claiming him as her girlfriend. Taehyung took his belongings on the table and headed to the door, mumbling a soft apology to Tiffany before he inched away.

"Are you really that in love with Irene?" Tiffany said, making Taehyung stop and pause for awhile.

"Yes, noona.. In fact, I've always liked her a lot since 2015 when I met her for the first time." Taehyung said before he left the room.

Tiffany ducked her head down. "I can't.. I don't know what to do now. I mean... I understand why he's dating someone else.. but I.." Tiffany said.

"Everything's alright. You'll find someone else that will truly love you." Taeyeon said.

"Now I feel bad for being in between them.. I feel like I have broke their relationship." Tiffany said.

"You did what you thought it was.. You can't blame it on yourself too. Let them settle their relationship themselves, I'm sure they would get over it." Hyoyeon said while patting gently on Tiffany's back.

 

Taehyung went out of the restaurant and looked around in attempt to find Irene. His attempts were fruitless as Irene was nowhere to be seen in the vicinity of the restaurant. He took out his phone and dialled her number several times but Irene did not answer. He grew anxious and worried as time passes by. He walked down blocks and blocks down the street and went to wait outside the company building but to no avail. Taehyung could not find Irene.

Irene sobbed as she walked away from the restaurant. She kept her head down and hide her face with her fringe and her long black hair. Wendy chased behind her and held her arms tightly. "Unnie!" Wendy shrieked.

Irene looked at Wendy and wiped her tears off. "Why did you follow?" Irene mumbled softly. Her voice was weak and Wendy could not help but to be more worried over her leader.

"Are you okay?" Wendy asked.

Irene shook her head. "I am just... wrecked. I don't know what to do now." Irene mumbled.

"Let's talk somewhere." Wendy said as she brought Irene to the cafe the members frequent to. It was Red Velvet's hideout during their trainee and debut days, they would head to this particular coffee shop for drinks and refreshments during their break time. It was a cozy place, perfect to unwind and relax after their long training hours in the company building. 

They entered the cafe and was greeted by the familiar smell of the roasted coffee beans and brewing coffee. Wendy brought Irene upstairs,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter