Four.

When Our Stars Align
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The Red Velvet members arrived back in Seoul and they all headed to the venue of their magazine shoot. They have back-to-back schedules ever since their arrival back to Seoul from Hong Kong. They have won the best female group award from the MAMA awards and their company could not have been any more proud of their achievement and success. The music director even contacted Irene about their win and congratulated them personally. The girls were happy and relieved over the award. They were glad that their hard work throughout this year had paid off. The girls had 3 solid comebacks this year, from Rookie to Red Flavour and to their latest full album title track, Peek-A-Boo. Red Flavour had been very successful and achieved the title of the song of this summer. The song was played everywhere in Korea, from convenience stores to cafes and restaurants. The girls had fun throughout their comebacks, but it was definite that they were often worn out and exhausted from the packed schedules.

Irene and the other members slept on the van while on the journey to the shooting venue. The members were tired - partially due to the early flight and mostly because of their lack of sleep. The award show ended close to midnight and they reached back the hotel at midnight. They were then left with a few hours of sleep before their flight this morning. 

They arrived at the venue after an hour. It was at the outskirt of Seoul and they were at a beautiful grassland. It was freezing cold and winter had chanced upon Seoul a day ago. The freezing morning fog consumed the grassland and the members shivered and hugged their bodies together as the staff crew gathered and passed their blankets to the members.

"Why is it so cold today?" Joy groaned while clenching her fists tightly.

Wendy shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know either. I heard its below zero degrees right now." Wendy mumbled back while rubbing her palms together in effort to keep herself warm.

"Are we shooting here?" Seulgi said.

"It can't be.. It's insanely cold today." Yeri whined.

The magazine photographer and its team greeted them warmly and passed heat packs to each of the member. They then introduced the concept of the shot and the stylists gathered the members and gave them their outfits.

Upon changing and getting her make-up done, Irene took out her phone and scrolled through the messages out of boredom. It was a tiring and long process of make-up and styling her hair and she was pretty much numb towards the long waiting process. 

*He hasn't messaged me or anything..* Irene thought.

Wendy slowly tip-toped and crept towards the leader. She then gently tapped on her leader's shoulders, earning her expected shock from her. "What the heck? Yah Seungwan!" Irene yelled.

"HAHAHA, I knew you'd be shock." Wendy said. "So... thinking about him huh?" Wendy teased.

Irene looked at Wendy and furrowed her eyebrows in doubt. "What are you talking about? How do you know I'm thinking of him?" She replied.

The stylist giggled at the two members while continuing to perm Irene's hair gently. Wendy smirked, "I know everything already. Yeriminie told me just now about what happened yesterday." Wendy replied. "I heard he's gonna tell you something." Wendy added on.

Irene looked at her nervously. "Ye..yeah, he said that. But the thing is, why doesn't he want to tell me back then directly? Why must he make me wait?" Irene said and sighed heavily.

"I guess.. he's uncertain about it? I can really tell that he likes you." Wendy said.

"Uncertain?" Irene said.

Wendy nodded her head. "Yeah, sometimes guys are not sure whether they really like you or just like you as a friend. It's kinda complicated when it all boils down to love relationships and all. He is also being cautious too, after all he's in bangtan, one of the most trending boy groups out there right now. Their fans are extremely passionate about them and he's just finding the right chance and time about this too." Wendy explained.

Irene sighed again. "Yeah you're right... However, I don't know Seungwan-ah.. Like does he really love me? What about the whole thing with Tiffany sunbaenim? If he really likes me, why is he flirting with her last time? What's with all them looks then before that in SMA 2015?" Irene said.

"Guys are guys. You can't expect them to always focus on one girl. Maybe at that point of time his heart did swerve over Tiffany sunbaenim.. but ultimately after all these, I can see you're the only one that stayed in his heart. If he did not like you that much, he would have dated other girls and not talk so much to you now. Look at him, he started talking to you again. Not to mention, I've always seen him trying to steal glances to you in those festival performances." Wendy explained.

"Seungwan-ah... you really sound like a relationship guru. Are you in a relationship?" Irene said, changing the topic.

Wendy's eyes widened in shock. "What? Me? Of course not. I'm just saying because I used to date some guys back when I was in Canada. I kinda am experienced if you can say." Wendy replied. 

Irene smirked and nodded her head. "I am just.. missing him so much right now. It's kinda driving me crazy already." Irene muttered.

Wendy smiled and replied, "Then text him." 

Irene looked at Wendy in shock. "Wh-what? Text him now? Me? It's so awkward!" Irene said.

"There's nothing awkward if you guys have the mutual feelings for each other." Wendy replied.

Irene sighed.. *Ok.. here goes nothing.* She thought and opened the chat and texted Taehyung.

Irene: Hey taehyung-sshi!

Irene took a gulp. 10 seconds have passed and Taehyung responded quickly.

Taehyung: Oh noona! Annyeong!

Irene smiled. Wendy looked at the leader's phone eagerly and smirked. This time, Seulgi joined along with them.

"Uh... what should I reply?" Irene said. "I don't know." Irene mumbled to herself.

"Say I miss you." Seulgi said.

"What?!? That's.." Irene said.

"Just say it, flirt with him or something. You then can see what he replies and what he feels about you!" Seulgi explained. 

"Or you can just say you had fun with him yesterday!" Wendy suggested.

Irene: I had fun yesterday, thanks for the company!

Taehyung then replied almost instantly as if he was waiting for her messages.

Taehyung: Same with me. You were fun! I miss you noona.

Irene gasped in shock. "H..he misses me." Irene mumbled to herself.

"Oh my god. It's real." Seulgi said. 

"Ship is sailing." Wendy joked.

Irene: I miss you too.

Taehyung: I wonder when can I meet you again noona.

Irene: Me too.

Taehyung: Are you free this weekend?

"Oh my gosh. He's asking you out." Wendy squealed in excitement for the leader.

Irene blushed and smiled at the message.

Irene: I should be free after the melon music awards later. Maybe we can meet after the awards?

Taehyung: nice. See you at the backstage then. :) I look forward for your performances.

Irene: Same me too.

"Oh.. our leader is in love." Seulgi said.

"This is so exciting." Wendy commented as the both of them cheered at the leader.

 

After the magazine shoot, the members then rushed to the awards venue for the Melon Music Awards. The show was scheduled a day after the MAMA awards and the red velvet members gathered in their dressing room and ate their packed lunch boxes in the room.

"Is there anymore food? I'm still hungry." Joy complained.

"You can have mine. I am kinda full and don't have much appetite anyway." Irene said and passed Joy her leftovers. "Girls, i'll go out for awhile. Call me if there's anything to do." Irene said before leaving the room.

"Where is she going?" Joy asked.

Seulgi smirked. "To find taehyung-sshi." Seulgi said.

"ooohh..." the girls said in unison while giggling at the leader's cute relationship with Taehyung. They were all proud and glad that Irene was more clear and focused about the relationship with Taehyung after 2 years of crushing on him.

Irene wandered around the hallway of dressing rooms. There were a lot of idol group members walking back and forth, greeting Irene and Irene greeted them back politely. The stage crews and idol crews were all busy preparing and running back and forth the hallway and Irene was in between the crowd of crews. She looked around and turned back. He was nowhere to be seen. She did not know where to go, she just hoped to see him and that was the reason why she left the room earlier on, in hopes to bump into him.

The crowd was not helping her as it only became more crowded and busier. Just then, from afar Irene saw the BTS members entering backstage, accompanied with their stylists and managers. They entered their dressing room which was located a few rooms down from Red Velvet's room. Irene bit her lips as she stood there trying to look for Taehyung. The BTS members entered one at a time. Afte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter