Thirteen.

When Our Stars Align
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung looked at Tiffany's message as a weird feeling grew in him. Something was wrong. Tiffany did not text or contact him ever since that incident in the Japanese restaurant. The thought of Irene's recent weird behaviour struck in his mind as he thought that Tiffany might had talked to her or something in private that made Irene behave so coldly towards him recently. He then texted Tiffany.

Taehyung: What do you mean by that?

Tiffany: By what? I just wished you guys the best.

Taehyung: Did you say something to Irene?

Tiffany: Why do you think so? Would you believe me then if I said no?

Taehyung: So you did went to talk to her.. what did you say?

Tiffany: It's up to you to believe that I went to talk to her or not. Anyway, I don't really care because all I know now is that I'm being betrayed by someone I thought loved me. It's all a lie in the end I guess.

Taehyung: Don't make yourself look like the victim here. Yes, we did not break up officially but it was no doubt we are drifting apart. I did not lie or cheat your feelings, it was just I no longer had anymore feelings for you.

Tiffany did not reply to his last message. Taehyung sighed as he opened up Irene's contact and texted her.

Taehyung: Joohyunie.. we need to talk.

He held onto his phone tightly as he stared at the message blankly. He waited patiently for Irene's reply but to no avail. Ten minutes have passed and Taehyung knew Irene had saw the message but chose not to reply or respond to it. Taehyung sighed as the van reached their dorm. As the van door opened, Taehyung excused himself and ran away. Rap Monster yelled his name but the member was determined to find Irene. Jin pulled Rap Monster away as he told him about the situation. The members sighed in worry over Taehyung who ran to find Irene at her dorm. 

Taehyung hitched a cab on the road as he hide his face with his cap. He passed the taxi driver the address as he stammered his feet as he looked at the message worriedly. He knew he had to settle this immediately or it would not get over his brain. Irene's recent cold behaviour had driven him crazy, her lack of affection and attention towards him worried him a lot. With Tiffany's recent texts, he knew Tiffany had spoken to Irene behind him about their relationship and it had led to Irene behaving unusually cold towards him - as if she was trying to drift away from him. The thought of her drifting away was fearful for him and he could no longer want to end up like before - cowardly loving Irene on his own.

He stopped infront of Red Velvet's dorm building as he looked up and scanned through the windows. The members were at their dorm as the lights were still lit up at that late hour. He then looked at his phone and called Irene. Irene did not answer. He tried calling her again but the attempts were fruitless. Irene was obviously avoiding him. Taehyung had no other choice or methods to contact her which led him to scroll through his contacts to end up with Wendy's number.

He exchanged Wendy's number recently when he started dating Irene to during the SBS Gayo Daejun show. He dialled her number and Wendy picked up the call almost instantly.

"Hello? Wendy-sshi?" Taehyung said.

"Hello, oh- Taehyung-sshi!" Wendy answered in an excited manner. "Why did you call?" Wendy asked.

"Is.. Is Irene in?" Taehyung asked.

Wendy paused for a moment. "O-oh, Yeah I think so. She should be in her room right now. Do you want to talk to her?" Wendy asked.

"N-No, I mean, she wouldn't want to talk to me now for sure. Can I ask you for a huge favour please?" Taehyung said.

"What favour?" Wendy replied.

Taehyung bit his lips nervously. "Can you sort of get her to come out of the dorm? In fact, I'm actually outside the dorm right now, I want to meet her. I need to talk to her about something urgently. I feel like we got something to settle between us." Taehyung explained.

Wendy pushed the curtain blinds away as she looked out at the window to see Taehyung standing outside of their dorm in the harsh cold winter. He was clad in his black long coat, shivering as he was holding onto his phone talking to her. "Oh yeah, sure no problem. I..I'll get her to come out no matter what. Give me a few minutes." Wendy said as she hung up the call immediately and hurried out to Irene's room.

She stood outside of Irene's room and knocked onto the door nervously. The members knew the leader was under the weather recently - she kept herself busy, preoccupied and she was quiet and serious most of the time. It was not like her and the members were cautious around her. Wendy then slowly entered the room as she heard Irene's voice to see Irene on her bed reading a novel.

"Irene unnie!" Wendy called.

"What?" Irene answered in a stiff manner.

Wendy clenched her fists tightly nervously as she then said, "We-w-we ran out of mineral water here! I mean, our water tap isn't working!" Wendy said. "Can you accompany me to the convenience store to get some water and perhaps food?" Wendy asked in a cute tone.

Irene furrowed her eyebrows as she placed the book down. "What? Really? We should call the plumber in then." Irene replied as she took her phone up from beside her and scrolled through her contacts.

"N-no! I mean, yeah we can call the plumber for sure, but definitely not at this hour. It's already past midnight and they would probably not answer you anyway.

Irene nodded her head. "We're just going to the convenience store right?" Irene said. Wendy nodded her head. "Okay, I'll get dressed then." Irene said as Wendy left the room, grinning over her success.

Irene got changed into her simple casual clothes - a purple knit and denim jeans, paired with sneakers and her favourite long black coat. She then took her cap as well to hide her face as she accompanied Wendy out of their dorm to the convenience store according to what Wendy said.

Wendy looked around nervously as they opened the door and Irene had her head facing down as she hid herself with her long black hair as the cold winter wind blew across them. "Oh it's cold." Wendy said awkwardly as she looked at Taehyung whose attention was caught by Irene. Irene looked up and her eyes widened as she saw Taehyung standing outside of their dorm, with the cap covering half of his eyes. Their eyes met as Irene pulled her hands away from Wendy's as she pointed to Taehyung.

"The whole convenience store thing is a lie, huh Wendy-ah." Irene said. 

Wendy bit her lips nervously as she then said, "Sorry unnie. He really needs to talk to you and I think you guys need to settle something. I mean.. unnie, you weren't behaving like yourself and I feel like something must have happened. I'm really sorry." 

Irene sighed as Taehyung went over and held her hand tightly. "Joohyunie.." He called his name.

His voice was like a melody in her ears. She missed him so much. Irene looked away as she looked around the streets cautiously. "What are you doing here?" Irene asked in a monotonous tone. 

Wendy excused herself back into the dorm, leaving t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter