Seven.

When Our Stars Align
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What do you want to talk about?" Yeri said solemnly.

"About everything. I want to know how you're feeling, I want to know everything going on with you. It's killing me that I could not help you at all during your hardest times." Jungkook replied.

Yeri rolled her eyes. "Oppa.. I'm really not in a mood for this.. I just feel like running away from everything and hide myself in one corner right now." Yeri replied.

Jungkook sighed. A tear escaped from his eyes as he said, "Then what about me? What about us?" 

Taehyung and Jin widened their eyes in shock. They did not see Jungkook crying like this over a girl. It was unexpected and they were uncertain on how to react or help the youngest member right now. Yeri paused for a moment. She was caught back by Jungkook's words and she was speechless for words. She knew she was at wrong for ignoring him, but it does not help when the thoughts of her best friend's death keep ringing into her mind occasionally. It was like a virus that never escaped her. She kept blaming on herself for Jonghyun's death up till today.

"I.. I" Yeri stuttered but stopped. She did not know how to reply to Jungkook's question.

Jungkook looked away. "Are we really gonna end like this.. Yeriminie-ah.." Jungkook said.

"Hey guys, calm down. Everything's gonna be ok. Look, you all need to relax." Jin said.

Joy interrupted them. "Jungkook-sshi.. First of all, I think it's inappropriate for you to pull Yeri into this room in the public just like that. It's very irresponsible, and you don't know how Yeri's feeling on the inside. Losing someone close to her is hurtful for herself already, all you need to do is to cut her some slack and let time heal the wounds." Joy explained in a serious tone.

"Joy-sshi.. Jungkook is-" Jin said, trying to help the youngest member but Joy stopped him immediately.

"I know where you guys are getting at, but the thing is Yeri is still feeling unwell over this incident. Can you all just give her some time to herself? She still loves Jungkook as much as she does, so that should not even be any problem to you." Joy said as she then turned and pointed to Jungkook. "I'm sorry if I came across rude, but I just cannot stand how you guys are forcing Yeriminie to talk when she doesn't want to." Joy said as she pulled Yeri out and went back to their dressing room hastily.

 

Stomping into the room, the two younger members sat infront of the dressing tables and remained silent. Joy crossed her arms angrily whereas Yeri sat silently on the stool looking down and staring into blank space. The members grew worried at the sight. "What's wrong?" Irene asked.

"Jungkook-sshi.." Joy said. Her voice grew louder. "He just pulled Yeri away from me just now at backstage just to talk to her. Asking her to talk to him and all." Joy explained.

"H-He what?!" Wendy exclaimed.

"Yeah, he went to pull Yeri away so suddenly just to make her talk to him!" Joy replied. "You guys know that Yeriminie isn't feeling the best and she obviously didn't want to talk at the moment, but he's just so not understanding!" Joy added on.

"Unnies.. just stop it. I'm okay." Yeri said softly.

"It's not okay that he just pulled you away and try to make you talk when you're not in the mood to. Who does he think he is?" Joy said and shrugged her shoulders angrily in disbelief.

Irene bit her lips worriedly. She then took her phone out and texted Taehyung in worry.

Irene: Hey tae! Is Jungkook okay?

Taehyung: You heard about it already huh?

Irene: Yeah.. Joy told us about it.. She's a bit angry at you guys at the moment. Sorry if she came across rude earlier on.

Taehyung: Nah, it's fine. I mean.. I understand why she's angry and where she is coming from.. but Jungkook is just dead worried over Yeri's condition. You know Yeri-sshi is feeling so down recently, especially during the opening earlier on where she leaned behind your members and cried.

Irene: yeah, Yeriminie is still not over the incident.. It was a really sudden loss and to be honest, everyone is still in shock and in sorrow over his loss. We totally did not expect this to happen. It was really heart-breaking.

Taehyung: I'll try to talk to Jungkook, so don't worry about it.

Irene: Thanks tae.. We'll take care of Yeriminie too so tell Jungkook-sshi to not worry about her and give her some time to heal this wound.

Taehyung: Alright, thanks noona!

 

The BTS members went back into the company van as the manager drove them back to their dorm to rest for the day. It was an hour before midnight and most of the BTS members fell asleep on the journey back to their dorm. Jungkook and Taehyung were the only ones up in the van. Jungkook stared out at the scenery outside blankly while Taehyung was on his phone, listening to his favourite music. Taehyung turned occasionally to check up on the youngest member, whom has not spoken much ever since that dispute with Yeri at the backstage. Taehyung sighed as he felt a tinge of vibration from the phone. His eyes widened in shock as he saw the message and the sender's name.

The message was from Tiffany. The girl that ended their conversation a year ago suddenly texted him back again. He bit his lips nervously as he thought about Irene at that instant. 

TIffany: Kim Taehyung!!! I'm gonna head back to Seoul soon for 2 weeks or so to visit! We should hang out then! I haven't properly went out with you yet~ I'm gonna wear a beautiful dress that I have prepared back over here in the states! I'll update you!

Taehyung shut his phone. The whole relationship with Tiffany was a complicated one. He exchanged numbers with her during the BTS promotion period for their title track 'Dope'. They chatted and texted on their phones for a few months before Tiffany started flirting with him. Feeling happy about it, Taehyung flirted back and they started developing romance into their relationship. They would text lovely messages in the morning and night to each other. However as Tiffany grew busier and had to manage her personal schedules and her idol schedules in Girls' Generation, she often ignored his messages and had no time to talk to him on the phone. She also grew busier after that when she travelled often between the states and South Korea. 

Their 6 month of romantic chats and texts on the phone subsided, and eventually ended in the next 3 months. Tiffany stopped texting him, as if his contact never existed and Taehyung did not initiate any chats as well. They broke off - just like that. Taehyung shut his phone after reading the text. She texted him suddenly after a year and wanted to meet him for the first time. Taehyung was nervous about it - he did not want to go for sure, but he was worried Tiffany might jeopardise his relationship with Irene that he has been working for almost 3 years.

 

The Red Velvet members were then back at their dorm after a fast ride back on the company van. The members went into their rooms and rested. Irene sat on her room, took her phone out and texted Taehyung.

Irene: Tae-ah~ Thanks for the surprise today!

Taehyung: You're welcome noona!

Irene: Oh.. you know about this right? That i have this gathering with the other MCs for the KBS Gayo tomorrow. Jin-sshi will be going too.

Taehyung: Yeah noona... You better not do anything with Jin hyung. I'm jealous.

Irene: W-What? Haha why are you jealous tae?

Taehyung: Because I am not there and you're there with another member of my group.

Irene: Haha I like when you're jealous.. You're cute.

Taehyung: Not as cute as you noona~

Irene: Ok stop it haha

As she placed her phone down on her bed, she received a phone call from an unknown number. She looked at the phone carefully and picked up the call. She then answered, "Hello? Who's this?" 

"Irene-sshi, it's me Jungkook." Jungkook answered.

Irene heaved a sigh of relief. She almost thought it was an obsessive stalker fan that managed to get hold of her number. "Oh, Jungkook-sshi. I did not expect you to call me." Irene answered. She was curious as to why Jungkook called her out of the blue. She and Jungkook were mere acquaintances because of his relationship with the youngest member of Red Velvet. She did not talk to him much, but just passed compliments and greetings when they walk past each other.

"Irene-sshi, I'm calling you just to check on Yeri.. I think she might be mad at me right now so I don't think calling her right now would be a good idea. I just wanna know if she's doing well." Jungkook said.

"Oh... Yeriminie-ah.. She's doing okay now I guess. She just went into her room, I think she's sleeping now. She did cried a bit in the van just now. Don't worry, our members will take care of her well. I'll let yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter