Six.

When Our Stars Align
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Monday and the girls were woken up by the loud noises as the door opened. The manager hurried into the dorm and woke the leader up whom squinted her eyes and yawned dreamily and stared at the manager blankly. "What's the matter oppa? Its only 3am in the morning." Irene asked in her croaky voice.

"The CEO insisted Yeri to join the show later today." Red Velvet's manager said while panting heavily.

"What?" Irene exclaimed. "In this situation she is in right now? She has not gotten much better ever since last week oppa." Irene explained worriedly as the manager ignored and went into Yeri's room.

Yeri shared rooms with Joy and the both of them were woken up by the manager whom entered their room loudly. "Yeriminie-ah, the CEO insisted you perform with the other members today at the show. I have no other choice. You be prepared for it alright?" The manager said.

Yeri nodded her head slowly. She felt weak as her body was shivering and her face was dripping down with her cold sweat. She looked at the manager blankly and the leader went over to Yeri whom had a blanket wrapped over her tightly and touched her forehead gently. It was hot, and Yeri was definitely down with a fever.

"Oppa. Yeriminie is down with a fever. We should not let her attend the show and perform in this type of state!" Irene said.

Joy sighed. "Oppa, Yeriminie hasn't been feeling well these days, cant the CEO spare her once for this show for her to rest well and recover?" Joy pleaded.

The manager sighed and hesitated to reply. He shook his head and checked his phone again nervously. "No the CEO has said it again. He insists Yeri to attend and perform today." The manager said.

"Look girls, I know the past week has been tough, upsetting and nerve-wrecking for everyone, as well as in the company. It was really unfortunate and sad, everyone felt it. I am sure Jonghyun-sshi wouldnt want you all to continue grieving like this, I am sure he wants you all to carry on making music and performing as usual to your fullest potential." The manager said in a serious tone.

Irene sighed and looked at the fragile and weak Yeri. Yeri nodded her head and gripped onto Irene's palms tightly. "Okay oppa.. i understand too.. I'll do todays performance." Yeri said.

"Yeriminie, you dont have to do this if you really cannot take it." Joy said.

"Its ok. I can do this." Yeri muttered weakly.

Irene sighed in worry at the determination of the youngest member. "Ok yeriminie-ah, you will perform then. However, let any of us know if anything becomes too hard for you to take." Irene said and gently patted Yeri in comfort.

Yeri nodded her head slowly as Irene placed her back to the bed to sleep.

Irene stepped out of their room and received the instructions from the manager thereafter for the rest of the day. They were only given 2 more hours before they have to wake up and get ready to visit the company salon to doll up for the event later this evening.

Irene woke up the earliest amongst the other members and she was the fastest to get ready every morning. Wendy would be the next, followed by Seulgi then the two younger members Joy and Yeri would often take the slowest to be ready each morning. Irene woke the other members up and they all headed to the company salon to get their hair, nails and make-up done for the gayo daejun later that evening.

The whole styling process took each member almost 3 hours - from curling and treating their hair to some basic skin treatment and applying their red carpet make-up.

As Irene had her hair done, she took her phone out and read Taehyung's messages whom she did not read ever since last week's incident.

Taehyung: Noona, I just heard the news about Jonghyun sunbaenim... My deepest condolences.
Taehyung: Noona, are you ok?
Taehyung: Hope you are feeling better..
Taehyung: You can talk to me if it hurts
Taehyung: Noona?

Taehyung sent a message everyday since last Monday where it all happened. A slight smile of relief crept upon Irene's lips while seeing how caring and worried Taehyung was for Irene. Irene then replied to the message.

Irene: I am fine tae, sorry that I didnt reply to your texts over this past week. We were too busy running from places to places and we weren't really at the best mood or condition to do much for the past week.

Taehyung replied almost instantly after receiving the text.

Taehyung: It's ok noona, I understand.

Irene smiled and place her phone down as the gentle massage the staff gave on her hair scalp was mesmerizing and Irene slowly found herself falling into a deep sleep.

Hours have passed and the SBS Gayo Daejun show has begun. The first hour and a half is the red carpet - introducing and welcoming all the invited guests and artists of the show. Dozens of idols, artists and celebrities made their entrance onto the red carpet today, decked in fancy flashy dresses and suits to flaunt their beauty and charisma to the audience.

The loud screams and fanchants were echoed throughout the hall as the BTS members entered the red carpet in their sleek suits and coats. Taehyung wore a check patterned suit set and he wore his favourite glasses, giving a preppy look that their fans have never seen him in. Jungkook wore a fascinating green coat with a suit set in it and the other members coordinated their looks with sleek coats and suits for their red carpet look.

The BTS members made their introduction speech and Rap Monster took the lead in answering questions given by the event MCs. They were asked about their future plans of BTS, their worldwide recognition and fame attained this year and of course the members' resolutions for the coming year 2018. The members then posed dazingly for the photos and left the red carpet where the MCs then introduced red velvet next.

The loud screams of the fangirls were prevalent and the members blushed shyly as they walked down the red carpet. The company had given all of the members a pin in commemoration of Jonghyun's death and acknowledgement of his attributions to the music industry. The members solemnly walked towards the red carpet and posed for the photos. They were not exactly pumped up for the show like the previous years, especially for the youngest member whom was still grieving over the loss of her close friend. Irene gave slight smiles and answered the questions while Yeri forced her smiles but the members all knew that the youngest member was not feeling well today.

"What can we expect from today's performance?" The MC asked.

Irene smiled and replied, "We will show our charms as Red Velvet in today's stage by performing our hit songs for this year. We hope everyone will look forward to it."

The members posed again before they headed to the backstage.

Wendy went over and slide her arms over the Youngest member's waist and said worriedly, "Yeriminie-ah~ later take a nap or something in the dressing room ok? You look so tired."

Yeri nodded her head.

"Yeah Yeriminie-ah.. Take a rest. Later we will cover you up during the actual show." Seulgi added on.

"If its too hard just let me know okay?" Irene said as they walked into their dressing room.

Their staff amd stylists went down and unpacked the girls' cosmetics and stage outfits. The girls sat on the couch and used their phones. The atmosphere was stiff and silent and no one except the staff was talking. The manager came in and gave instructions to the leader whom solemnly nodded her head and went back to play mobile games on her phone.

At that moment, Irene felt her phone ringing and she saw it was a call from Taehyung. With eyes scanning around the room worriedly, she excused herself quietly out of the room and went out to an empty isolated corner of the backstage. She then looked around again out of worry and answered the call.

"Tae~ah.." she sweetly answered the call.

"Noona, where are you now?" Taehyung asked.

Irene looked around again. "I am in just some empty corner of the backstage, why do you ask?" Irene replied.

"Oh... I want to find you.. I miss you so much noona, I cant believe we didnt see each other ever since that night. Its been like close to 3 weeks already!" Taehyung complained.

Irene smiled to herself and replied, "Not now.. There is a lot of people out there." Irene said.

"Then when?" Taehyung whined.

"Whenever I say so." Irene said in a teasingly manner and laughed. "Ok i gotta hang up now. I need to go. Bye tae~" Irene said.

"Bye noo-" Taehyung said but it was cut off when Irene hung up the call.

"Look at who's down and all." Jhope said and laughed at Taehyung who was frowning at his phone.

"We have not met each other for so long and we couldnt even have a proper talk on the phone. Texting her is so boring." Taehyung complained.

"Well they are Red Velvet so no doubt they would be busy. We are also busy too man. Besides, something bad happened recently, I am pretty sure she wasnt in the mood to meet you or anything over the past week." Jhope said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter