Fourteen.

When Our Stars Align
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Red Velvet had filmed for the Idol Athletic Championships show for 2 days straight and could finally rest in their dorm for the rest of the day. The filming ended late afternoon and the girls had stayed up all night for the show. The girls participated in their various sports and have won several medals for their coloured team. It was a fun experience for the girls as they had done this show previously in the other years in their career. The show also brought upon more opportunities for the girls to hang out with the other idols in the show such as TWICE - which they were familiar of and talked a bit backstage in music shows and concerts.

The girls were exhausted from the filming. Wendy and Joy have all been knocked out on the couch, sleeping soundly while Seulgi and Yeri went into their rooms to take a nap. It was only left with Irene as she was the only one up at the dining table, texting Taehyung on her phone. She smiled to herself sheepishly as she read the sweet corny message she sent to her. 

Taehyung: What are you doing now Joohyunie?

Irene: Resting.. we just finished filming Tae.

Taehyung: Haha, I know. I saw it on social media. You looked pretty in the photos. It must have been tiring right? I'm kinda annoyed we weren't able to make it for the show, we got schedules and interviews with Billboard.

Irene: it's okay, taehyungie.

Taehyung: Don't you miss me, Joohyunie?

Irene: What are you saying? We just met a few days ago. Besides, we also talked to each other on the phone almost every night.

Taehyung: But the last time we met wasn't that happy for us all, we're both crying and sad over each other.

Irene: It's okay, we can always meet next time. We're both busy people and celebrities, it's hard to get out and around on our own the way we want it to be. There's eyes everywhere, Tae.

Taehyung: Sigh.. If only we're overseas or out of Seoul right now. I'll bring you and keep you to me everywhere I go.

Irene: Ok It's time for you to stop and continue with your work.

Taehyung: I miss you Joohyunie.

Irene: Miss you too, Taehyungie.

Irene grinned again upon reading Taehyung's corny messages. She sighed as she checked for BTS schedule through asking Jungkook through texting him on her phone secretly. Taehyung had been giving her surprises and she felt bad for not doing anything much for him. She even made him worry over her for the past few weeks where she ignored her and tried to break off from him over Tiffany's threat.

Irene went over to the kitchen as she scanned through the contents of their refrigerator. She took out eggs, several pieces frozen ham and cheese slices. She then took the loaf of bread on the dinning table and pulled out the chopping board. She placed four slices of bread on the board and sliced the cheese and placed it on top each slice of bread. She took out the frying pan and cooked some eggs and placed the sunny-side-up eggs on top of the cheese. She then grilled the ham slices and placed it on top of the egg. She finished off the sandwich by placing a lettuce and tomato slice and covered it up with another slice of bread. She did two sandwiches and placed it in one of the red plaid lunchbox and smiled to herself sheepishly.

"What are you cooking unnie? It smells great." Joy said as she walked into the kitchen in her pyjamas as she yawned loudly. 

Irene hid the lunchbox in one of her tote bags as she shook her head. "Nothing." Irene said.

"Liar. Why didn't you cook for me too? I'm kinda hungry now." Joy complained.

"Just cook your own food yourself then." Irene said.

Joy sighed. "So this is where it all begins huh. Man over sisters." Joy said.

Irene laughed. "You'd be the same too if you're dating as well." Irene chuckled.

"Are you going to meet Taehyung-sshi?" Joy asked.

Irene nodded her head. "Yeah. Tell the rest for me too. I'll go find him after he's done with his interview." Irene said.

Joy looked at Irene suspiciously. "W-w-wait. How did you know they are having an interview? How do you even know where's the interview held at?" Joy asked.

Irene smirked. "I've got my resources." Irene answered.

"Can you bring me along? I'm bored at home." Joy whined.

Irene shook her head. "Nah, I can't deal with another baby with me when I'm dating. Besides, it's only us." Irene said.

Joy sulked. "Yah, unnie. You're no fun." Joy complained as she stormed to the refrigerator to search for any food or leftovers.

Irene laughed as she grabbed the tote bag and pulled over her black coat over her clothes and slipped onto some comfortable sneakers. She left the dorm hurriedly as she looked at the address Jungkook had sent her and flagged a taxi to the location. She held onto the tote bag containing Taehyung's food tightly and smiled to herself. She did not have enough time to prepare a feast for him but she thought maybe the sandwiches would be good enough for Taehyung. She even worried whether she had made enough food for him.

 

The taxi travelled out of Seoul. The address Jungkook had sent Irene was a small town in the outskirts of Seoul. It was approximately an hour drive from Red Velvet's dorm and Irene had fell asleep on the taxi due to the still silence and the soothing melody the taxi driver was playing on his taxi. Irene woke up by the driver's call and paid the fare with her cash notes and left the taxi. The cold wind brushed across her face and she was shivering in that cold winter night. The weather had turned even colder since last week, with the night temperatures dropping to below zero degrees. Irene hugged her body tightly as she walked into the town of hanoks. 

BTS was having their interview with Billboard, a company based in the States with passion for reporting music, trends and lifestyle. BTS recently made their entrance into the billboard charts for their music singles DNA as well as their widely-praised single "Mic Drop" - which swept the states crazy over their unique and catchy beats. Irene walked towards the hanok with the brightest lights and she was right when she was greeted by the sight of 7 men, all clad in their unique casual clothes and talking to the camera. There were several foreign people standing behind the cameras and other flashy equipments infront of BTS and they were smiling and happily chatting with the BTS members.

Irene stood out of the hanok door, peeking at BTS from afar. Jungkook could spot Irene from the corner of his eye and a small grin appeared on his lips. He then eyed towards Taehyung who was focusing on the camera most of the time. He even zoned out from the camera and the interview questions occasionally that made Irene giggle at his silly actions. BTS had been going on with the Billboard interview since afternoon and they have finally ended the interview after a few hours. It was tiring as they had to answer and stay focused throughout the entire filming. They also shivered when they had to take the interview out of the hanok at the backyard, where the sub-zero temperatures were merciless towards their light dressing. 

Taehyung only wore a basic yellow trucker jacket over a puple collared dress shirt and paired it with basic black slacks and black shoes. The members hurried and covered themselves in their black duck down jackets and Taehyung was hugging himself and shivering in the cold. Irene looked around worriedly as there were countless of staffs and billboard crews around at the backyard of the hanok. She was fearful and cautious of her movements throughout the entire time when she peeked through to look at BTS wrapping up with their interview. 

Irene sighed. She was afraid to enter. In fact, she felt she could not enter and surprise him now since there were dozens of eyes around them at that moment. 

 

"Good job guys, we'll rest a bit before we move off back to your dorms!" BTS manager said.

Rap Monster and the other members nodded their heads lazily as they were all exhausted from the long interview. BTS also had a shoot before the interview in the early morning and the members were all drained out. The members looked at their phones and remained silent as they were all minding their own business in the hanok while hugging themselves in the warmth of their coat.

"Hyung, where's the washroom?" Jin asked.

Rap Monster looked at Jin and sighed. "They don't have it here Jin-ah, but I only know there's a public washroom out somewhere in the town. You need me to accompany you?" Rap Monster asked.

"Nah, it's ok." Jin said as he stood up.

"Wait! Hyung, I'll follow you too, I need to use the washroom." Jungkook said as he tagged along with his oldest member and headed out of the hanok to look for the washroom with Jin.

Another reason Jungkook volunteered to tag along was to help Irene. He knew Irene was outside of the hanok waiting and afraid to enter the hanok as there were countless of staffs around them at that moment and he was the only one that could help her get to Taehyung without getting noticed by anyone. They only had awhile before they had to head back to their dorm.

As Jungkook stood outside, he then looked back and shouted at Taehyung. "Taehyung hyung! Do you want to use the washroom as well?" He asked.

"What type of question is that?" Jimin commented as he laughed at the youngest member's awkward question.

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head. "Nah, I'm good." Taehyung said.

Jungkook sighed. He did not know how else to get him out of the hanok to meet Irene. With that, the both of them left the hanok to be w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter