Eleven.

When Our Stars Align
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Irene sat on her bed, texting Taehyung while still in her pyjamas.

Irene: So where are we going?
Taehyung: You will see later noona hehe
Irene: At least tell me where?
Taehyung: Somewhere not in Seoul, outskirts but its gonna be nice.
Irene: Where do we meet?
Taehyung: I'll come and pick you up. Where is your dorm?
Irene: What? There will be reporters and its too risky to do that!
Taehyung: My friend got a car that I can borrow.. I am sure no one will suspect us. Besides, the windows are tinted.
Irene: Are you sure about this...
Taehyung: Don't worry about it noona, I got everything covered today, all you need to do is to have fun and be with me.
Irene: Stop it.
Taehyung: But you like it hehe
Irene: Whatever, but are we really gonna let Yeriminie and Jungkook-sshi accompany us?
Taehyung: You just want to be alone with me only, huh?
Irene: Stop it already Kim Taehyung
Taehyung: Your Kim Taehyung
Irene: Oh my god..
Taehyung: I will try to persuade Jungkook not to go, but even if they did go with us - ill try to lose them from our sight haha
Irene: Your call~

Irene closed her phone but was interrupted by Yeri who barged into her room with dresses on her hand. She placed the dresses infront of Irene and placed a yellow polka-dot patterned collared dress over her body. She stared at the reflection on the mirror and squealed excitedly.

"Do you think this looks good on me? Or maybe this red one?" Yeri asked.

Irene sighed. "What are you doing in my room maknae?! Besides are you even going with us?" Irene grumbled in frustration.

Yeri laughed. "Unnie, of course we are going together! You promised a double date just now, Jungkook and Taehyung-sshi can be my witness for that." Yeri replied.

"That's because you guys forced it upon me! I did not agree to that!" Irene retorted back.

Yeri shook her head and ignored Irene. She then compared the dresses on the mirror before deciding on the plaid baby doll dress. "This looks cute right, unnie?" Yeri said in a high-pitch tone.

Irene groaned and nodded her head. An idea came into her mind as she tapped onto the youngest member's shoulders. "Yeriminie, do you have any nice dresses or clothes that I can wear?" Irene asked curiously.

Yeri shook her head in disgust. "No- unnie, I don't think my dresses will suit you. I mean, my style and your style is totally different!" Yeri replied.

Irene furrowed her eyebrows while worrying over the clothes she would be wearing for the date later with Taehyung. Crossing her arms, she went over to her closet and rummaged through her wardrobe, looking at every piece of  clothing that she owned. She grumbled and tossed over the clothes while the youngest member wore on the plaid dress that she had decided on.

"What should I wear?" I dont have anything on my mind." Irene complained.

Yeri turned over, "Just wear something comfortable and less flashy - thats what Taehyung-sshi will like." Yeri replied.

Irene turned around and looked at Yeri in shock, "How do you even know that?" Irene said.

"Kookie oppa told me so, and like I am surprised you don't know that, I thought you watched every video of him there is on Naver." Yeri replied.

"what- no I did not watch every video." Irene replied but a memory of one of Taehyung's interview flashed back in her mind.

Irene recalled at that moment watching one of the BTS radio shows where the DJ asked the members about their ideal types. Taehyung's answer left the most favourable impression on Irene as Taehyung's answer described a girl exactly like Irene. His answer was a girl with long hair with simple clothes like a t-shirt and jeans with some sneakers - which was what Irene always wore as her casual outfits. Irene then searched through her wardrobe, picking a striped knit and a frayed denim jeans.

Hours passed and Irene and Yeri waited at the couch in their living room for their two guys to arrive. Wendy came out of her room together with her roommate Seulgi who was still in her pyjamas at noon and walked towards the two girls at the couch.

"Are you guys heading out now?" Wendy asked.

Irene and Yeri both nodded their heads. Seulgi, being the member with the biggest appetite then said, "Remember to get us some food on your way back!"

Irene laughed. "Yes Seulgi-sshi." Irene joked before Yeri received a call from Jungkook.

"They are downstairs already unnie, let's go!" Yeri said as she pulled the leader out of the dorm.

Before they left, Wendy shouted at them, "Have fun and stay safe guys!"

Joy came out of her room at that moment, and sighed. "Did they left already?" She asked.

Wendy rolled her eyes. "Yes Miss Sleepy Head, they just left the dorm." Wendy replied.

"Shucks, must been good to be in love right now." Joy whined.

Wendy smirked at the jealous member as she wrapped her arms around Joy and said, "Well, Jin seems to be a nice guy. He's also pretty good looking too."

"Wh-what?! Jin? No thanks. I don't want to date a guy like him. I'll pass." Joy replied.

"Why not? He's a nice guy. I've talked to him for a bit before." Wendy said.

"Joy, I think you were also too harsh on him that time during Taehyung's birthday. He did not do anything that grave and you basically just lash out hate on him in front of everyone else." Seulgi commented and Wendy nodded her head in agreement.

Joy shrugged her shoulders as she thought about the small argument she had with Jin over at Taehyung's birthday party in the hotel. "But that's because he did not take care of Jungkook properly and let him act his own way and drag Yeriminie away harshly!" Joy explained.

Wendy smirked. "But that doesn't mean you could have that prejudice against him.." Wendy said.

Seulgi laughed and said, "Looks like somebody is gonna apologise to Jin now."

"No- I am not gonna apologise or say anything to him." Joy said in denial.


Irene and Yeri went downstairs to be greeted by a red sleek family car. Taehyung wind down the windows and waved at Irene, to which Irene replied with a sweet smile. Yeri pulled Irene along as they entered the car and sat on the seats behind Taehyung and Jungkook.

"So where are we going?" Irene asked as Taehyung drove off from their dorm.

Taehyung smirked and answered, "You'll see when we get there. It's a surprise."

Irene sighed. The suspense of their date was killing Irene and she could not help but to pay close attention to the view outside in attempts to figure out the location they were heading to. Taehyung had kept his mouth shut about this date and Irene totally had no idea what to expect from today.

"Irene-sshi, do you mind if I call you noona?" Jungkook asked which made Irene flinched.

"Uh... sure." Irene said.

"What the heck Jeon Jungkook?! Only I can call her noona, what makes you one to call her that?!" Taehyung said jealously.

Irene laughed while Jungkook smirked and replied, "Hyung, it's tiring to call her so politely after being this close to her, and besides its pretty awkward to call her Irene-sshi after so long."

Yeri and Irene laughed at the jealous Taehyung. It was the first time Irene had seen Taehyung become salty over simple gestures like this, but Irene did not mind at all - in fact, she found him even cuter when he is upset and jealous over her.

An hour have passed and the car drove past mountains, skyscrapers and buildings in Seoul. The car drove out from Seoul, leaving the tall buildings behind and greeting fresh greenery and mountains. Irene looked at the breathtaking view as the car approached a flyover across a mountain. It had been long since Irene went out of Seoul and immerse herself into the nature, it was relaxing and a healing trip at the same time.

The car parked at a open parking space of an open field growing winter flowers. It was a large open field with colourful winter flowers being grown. It was a cold day but the sight of flowers had made Irene excited. Irene opened the door to be greeted by a gush of cold wind but the cold did not bother her. Irene hugged onto her black coat and grabbed Yeri along as the two girls ran to look at the flowers.

Taehyung and Jungkook followed behind with Taehyung taking pictures of them secretly. "This area has a lot of nice places to look around. Further from this flower field, there's a nature trail too, we can go and take lots of nice photos around here." Taehyung explained.

"Oh my gosh, this place is amazing. I didn't know there's this type of place here in Korea.. The flowers... they are so pretty!" Irene squealed in excitement as she took her phone out and snapped several shots of the flowers.

The two guys smiled and laughed upon seeing their girls getting excited over the flowers as they took turns to take photographs of each other with the winter flowers. Irene turned around and looked at Taehyung. "Tae! Stand over there, I will take a picture of you!" Irene said.

"Why me? Can't we take together?" Taehyung said.

"Its for me, I never said I want to take for you." Irene said playfully and Taehyung went over to stand between the winter flowers. Taehyung stood awkwardly as he raised his hands and did a peace sign.

"Can you be less awkward tae" Irene chuckled as she laughed at Taehyung's awkward position.

Taehyung fixed himself, this time standing less awkwardly, but Irene could not help herself but to laugh as Taehyung posed for the photos. Irene took several snaps and smiled to herself. Her man was cute.

"Noona, now take one picture with me!" Taehyung said.

Yeri took the initiative and grabbed away Irene's phone. "Yeah, unnie. Go over and I will help you two take a nice shot." Yeri said.

Irene nodded her head obediently while shyly running towards Taehyung. She stood beside him and they smiled at the camera. Yeri laughed at them. "Is this the first time you guys are taking a picture together? Be closer, you guys look like you are forced to be together or in some kind of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter