Five.

When Our Stars Align
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Red Velvet members started practicing again the next day after the Melon Music Awards. Having 2 awards consectively in 2 days was not a good idea as the members were all tired and exhausted from the endless preparation for their performances for the shows. They were preparing for the SBS Gayo Daejun show, one of the 3 year end shows that they consistently attended and performed over the years since their debut.

Irene had been smiling and energetic ever since getting together with Taehyung yesterday. Taehyung was her little happy pill and the members were glad that Irene was smiling more often than usual. It was the members break time and they were given barely 15 minutes to rest and drink up before the practice resumes.

The group's biggest appetite, Joy came over with her bag and took out some chocolate bars and passed to every member. "Lets get some energy girls, then we can continue this~" she said cheerfully.

Irene smiled and opened the bar and took a bite. The chocolate was sweet. She smiled as she took out her phone and looked at the sweet messages Taehyung sent to her this morning. The members stared at their shy leader and started giggling amongst each other. Seeing Irene these shy and in love was certainly amusing, it was a new side of her that the member had seen since yesterday.

The message read:
Taehyung: Hope you had a nice day today! Good luck and all the best for your training later on! Dont forget to drink up and eat well noona!

Irene smiled. She responded to him quickly too. It read:
Irene: You too! Stay healthy and all the best for your practice and schedules too! I'd be cheering for you tae tae~

Irene smiled and slipped her phone into the pockets of her hoodie jacket. Their manager came into the room thereafter and excused the leader from the training. The manager brought her up to one of the meeting rooms in the office where there were 3 people sitting inside and welcoming the dumbfounded leader of Red Velvet. Irene stepped into the room cautiously and the manager closed the door after her entrance. The 3 of them bowed at Irene warmly and Irene shyly bowed back out of politeness. Irene took the seat infront of them and they greeted themselves.

The man on the right introduced himself as the producer of the KBS Music Festival and the lady in the centre and the other man beside her were the organisers of the show. They then passed her the MC script of the show and explained the concept of the music festival to Irene in detail. The lady wore a bright motherly smile to which reminded Irene of her mother whom she missed and have not seen her for almost half a year.

"Irene-sshi, for this year KBS Music Festival, its gonna be a more conclusive and focused show. We are only inviting like 8 to 10 artists for this event compared to previous years. This year is more scaled down, the people attending, like you guys, are the popular trends in the Korean Pop Music." The lady said.

The man beside her then continued, "Irene-sshi, I am sure your manager have informed you about this but you would be representing your group as an MC for this event. There will be 8 MCs, a member from one of the idol groups performing for this show."

"As of now, we have fixed the list of MCs. However the line up might change before the actual event. For now, you will be MC-ing for the first part of the event since your performance will be in part 2 of the show. Your MC partners will be EXO Chanyeol, TWICE Sana and BTS Jin." The lady said.

"It'd be good if you could talk to the other MCs before the show date, that would make your chemistry between the other MCs better and make the speeches and talks more natural between you all. Oh, and dont forget we will have a meal together for the MCs. We will pump down the date to you and your manager soon once we confirmed the reservation." The lady added on.

The staff then went through the script with Irene in detail. Irene read the script carefully and professionally for that hour before she joined her members back with the training.

The training ended for the day and it was already nearing midnight. Irene packed her bag and gathered the other members together as they ended out of the company building. "Girls, wanna get dinner before we head back?" Irene said as she put away her phone in the pockets of her black coat.

"Dinner?" Seulgi said in shock.

Irene smiled and nodded her head. "Yeah you silly, we should go get dinner. We havent ate anything since lunch. Manager oppa already gave the green light so we can safely go eat to our hearts content." Irene said.

The members cheered in joy. The two young members held each others arms and hopped over to Red Velvet's favourite restaurant - the sangyeopsal restaurant a few blocks down their company's building. The restaurant was a small homely restaurant owned by an elderly couple. It was a cozy small rustic restaurant which seemed so surreal being located in a corner of a high-class residential estate district in Seoul. The restaurant sold reasonably priced fresh meat earnestly and their portions were often generous. The members frequent this restaurant for the owner's warm hospitality towards the girls, and they often seek food in this restaurant in secret during their trainee days to fit their empty stomachs and their midnight cravings.

The members arrived and entered the restaurant hastily. The restaurant was pretty empty as usual, it was one of the hidden jems im the Apgujeong neighbourhood. The members sat down and the owner greeted the girls happily and passed their water around the table. "Order as much as you want girls, we just received fresh meat today~" The owner said in a cheerful manner.

"Sounds amazing, ahjumma~" Joy said as she smiled and clapped her hands excitedly.

"I think I know what i want already." Seulgi said as the members then started ordering their food eagerly.

Yeri then excused herself thereafter for a phone call from Jungkook. "Wait a minute, I go and answer my kookie oppa's call." Yeri said and left hastily.

"Tsktsk. This girl now leaves us alone just because she has someone in her life. Wheres the sisterhood?" Joy scoffed as she sighed heavily.

Irene looked at her phone sneakily but to frown at the empty lock screen. There were no unread messages. Joy then eyed the leader, "Aye unnie, dont you think of leaving us behind for your tae tae." Joy said.

"Yah, you call him normally." Irene retorted back. "Only I can call him by that.." Irene mumbled to herself.

Wendy than gently slapped the leader's arm playfully and laughed. "Unnie, I heard that alright." Wendy said and smirked.

Irene shrugged her shoulders. "Whatever..." She mumbled as she took out her phone. Finally, there were messages from Taehyung sent a minute ago. Irene took out and replied instantly.

Taehyung: Noona~ have you ended your schedules for today?
Irene: Yeah, we just finished a day long of training and practices. I am aching all over again and I feel like my throat is gonna die soon... Im tired.
Taehyung: Same.. How I wish I can see you right now, maybe I might feel better hehe.
Irene: Thats so corny haha
Taehyung: Anything for noona.. what are you doing now? Are you free?
Irene: I am eating with the girls.. why?
Taehyung: Well now im bored.. I just finished showering and now I am just on my bed.. I am tired but I cant sleep for some reason.
Irene: You should go to sleep~
Taehyung: Or maybe I should go find you hehe
Irene: You better not come..
Taehyung: I miss you noona..
Irene: I miss you too tae tae~

Irene's intimate texting with Taehyung was interrupted by the arrival of their food orders. The ahjumma smiled widely as she heated up the charcoal and laid their meat neatly on the table and placed the array of plates of side dishes on the table. The food was overwhelmingly great and Irene looked around the table for the youngest member who was still out in the cold talking to her boyfriend. "Yeri-ah~ food is here already!" Irene called out her name and Yeri turned and nodded her head impatiently.

Yeri then hung up on the call and ran over to join the dinner with the rest of the members.

The members were all famished and starving for food. Their swallowed chunks and chunks of meat into their mouth, savouring every bite of the fresh juicy meat as well as the well plated side dishes around the table to cleanse their palette. Yeri was multi-tasking during the dinner, juggling between putting food in and texting on her phone. The members knew Yeri was probably texting Jungkook again - as she has been consistently talking about him to them recently.

Irene looked at the youngest member in awe over their lovey dovey relationship. "Yeriminie-ah, how do you date Jungkook?" Irene asked curiously.

Yeri glanced at Irene in a dumbfounded manner. "What do you mean by that unnie? We just 'date' each other?" Yeri replied.

"I mean like how do you guys go on date when you all have conflicting schedules and crazy reporters and paparazzis eyeing on you guys?" Irene clarified.

Yeri smirked. "Ah, dates. We just go to places stealthily. Normally we pick places or cafes that are less populated and less young people frequent. The time is also important, we avoid peak hour times and we often go during the night or late afternoon where the crowd subsides." Yeri explained.

She then paused and stuffed a few pieces of meat into and continued, "Hongdae is a danger zone, dont go there if you can - there are too many people and a lot of young kids frequent there and they might spot you guys. Try going like sinsa or garosugil, is safer there.. But all in all you just need to be careful, and dont go there together. Go at different time and meet in a cafe or something first. Its less suspicious that way."

Irene nodded her head slowly and bit her lips. It has been a day since she last met Taehyung and she have missed him dearly. Irene sighed as she took her phone out awaiting for his text replies but to no avail. She sighed deeply again and they finished up the dinner shortly after. The members wiped their mouths and groaned in satisfaction over the hearty meal.

"Oh my god." Yeri said as she saw a familiar figure entering the restaurant at that moment.

Yeri scanned around the restaurant nervously. Luckily, there were no customers at that moment. She then shrieked in joy, "Kookie oppa~ what are you doing here?" She said as the man walked towards the girls' table.

It was Jungkook. He entered the restaurant grinning sheepishly and gave Yeri a brief tight hug. "Yeriminie~" Jungkook said and pinched the youngest member's cheeks.

The Red Velvet members were all shocked by the sudden appearance of the BTS maknae and they all stood up and greeted him politely. Ir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter