One.

When Our Stars Align
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The name is Bae Joohyun, or Irene by her stage name. Irene turned 26 this year, and she was the leader of the famous girl group Red Velvet. Irene was born and raised in Daegu, a city at the other side of South Korea. Since young, she had always had that Daegu accent and it had accompanied her right into when she came to Seoul in her teen years and was scouted by SM entertainment.

Irene had always been a passionate and meticulous person. She paid attention to everything she does, like dancing and singing. Her vocals may have lacked, but she had always tried her best to hit the notes right. She is in the dance line of Red Velvet, accompanied with her group mate Seulgi. The other group members are Joy (or Sooyoung), Wendy (Seungwan) and the youngest member Yeri. Irene was the mother figure of Red Velvet, the members looked up to her and listened to her earnestly during their schedules and she was the one to control the members and the dorm on their free time.

It was a week to the MAMA awards and the girls were in their practice room preparing for their performance. They'd be performing two songs, one of it is their hit of the year Red Flavour and the other being their latest single, Peek-A-Boo. It was their break time and the dance studio reeked of their sweat. Irene decided to head out to get some fresh air but to be surprised by the Red Velvet's youngest member Yeri who was giggling to herself while on a phone call. Irene sat on the floor as she took out her phone and sighed. She opened her calendar on the phone and stared at the piled up schedules over the week. There were a number of photoshoots, recordings and rehearsals lined up over the week and their flight to Hong Kong is scheduled in less than a week time.

"Stop it..." The youngest member mumbled on the phone. Irene turned and glanced towards Yeri and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Who are you talking to? Saeron-sshi?" Irene asked.

Saeron was Yeri's close friends. They often chat up till late at night at times and every member knew Yeri had treated Saeron as one of her most important figures in her life. Yeri shooked her head while smiling sheepishly to herself as she plugged on the earpiece to the phone and continued her phone.

Irene pursed her lips. *Well that's odd. I thought Saeron was the only one that would make her giggle to herself like that..* Irene thought to herself. Just then, the rest of the members came out of the studio.

"Unnie, let's go!" Joy shrieked in excitement while with a towel wrapped around her neck.

Irene raised her brows curiously. Seulgi joined in together with Wendy and replied, "Manager-nim gave us the green light for lunch! Let's go get some jajangmyeon!"

"Really? Let's go!" Irene said as they all headed out to the nearby Chinese restaurant.

The smell of food consumed the girls as they all waited eagerly for their food to arrive. Yeri was still on the phone with her earpiece on, giggling again to herself. The other members were all on their phones, surfing through the social media and websites aimlessly. Irene stared at the youngest member again curiously. "Yah yeri-ah. Who is it?" Irene asked.

It was unusual for Yeri to be on a phone for so long. Her normal conversations with Saeron often end within 20 minutes due to their conflicting schedules.

Yeri did not answer her. Irene sighed and shook her thoughts off her. At that moment, the 5 bowls of jajangmyeon arrived together with the cripsy chicken bits served along with the sweet and spicy sauce. The members started the meal, savouring and gulping chunks of noodles and chicken down their mouth to satisfy their hunger.

Everyone was enjoying the meal, except for Yeri who was preoccupied with the phone call. "You are gonna regret not eating much later, Yeri-ah." Seulgi said.

"I can help you eat your noodles if you're not feeling it." Joy said teasingly.

"Is she on the phone with Saeron?" Wendy asked curiously. Irene shooked her head.

"Nope, she's on that call for almost an hour already. I don't know who's she talking to." Irene replied.

Sat beside Yeri was Wendy who took a sneak glance towards her phone and saw the caller ID.

"Oh my god. You can't be kidding me." Wendy uttered.

The other members looked at Wendy curiously. "What?" Irene asked.

"Yeri.. Yeri is talking to Jungkook-sshi." Wendy said as she pointed to Yeri's phone.

Yeri heard Wendy and immediately ended the call as she hide her phone between her palms. "What?" she said.

The members gasped in shock. Joy then pressed onto Wendy's shoulder and asked, "Jungkook-sshi, as in Bangtan?" Joy said as she then turned her head slightly to the left and right and scanned around the other customers of the restaurant.

"Uh, what?" Yeri said as she scratched her head.

"Who was it Yeri-ah" Irene whispered softly as the other members nodded their head and looked at Yeri.

Yeri bit her lips nervously. "Yeah.." Yeri confessed. She had no choice and she could not lie to the members any longer. "It's Jungkook.." Yeri added on.

"What's going on between you two? You guys seemed to talk for ages." Seulgi said softly.

"The thing is.." Yeri whispered. She paused for a second and smiled again. "We're dating." Yeri said.

The members cupped their mouth as they all looked at the youngest member in shock. "When did it start?" Wendy asked quietly.

Yeri ducked her head down from embarrassment. "Ever since we hang out last year.. and when he gave me those glasses at the start of the year. Irene unnie knows it too." Yeri replied back.

Irene widened her eyes. "Me?" she gasped. She then remembered that moment when they were on V live and Yeri showed the glasses off to the viewers and fans. "Ah, i didnt know you guys were that close since then... i didnt thought much of it back then.." Irene said. "But well you could have at least told us all back then, we could help you guys keep the relationship low and secret." Irene added on.

"Well, I didn't know what to say back then. I was also shy because this is also my first relationship with a guy." Yeri replied shyly.

The members started congratulating the youngest member enviously. "How I wish I have someone so caring to me... especially in hard times like this. So envious of you, yeri-ah.." Seulgi said nonchalantly.

Yeri smiled to herself again. Irene smiled at the youngest member in awe, she couldn't belive how much she had grown ever since she joined in the group. To Irene, Yeri had matured and grown into a fine young lady that fell in love with a guy.

The rest of the members went back to the company to continue with the preparation and practices while the leader went to get some energy drinks from the convenience store. The energy drinks were their life-savers during the group's tiring practices and preparation.

BTS' latest single DNA was being played throughout the store and the familiar voice rung in Irene's mind. "V" she mumbled to herself. It was BTS V's starting verse being played. His deep soulful voice had made Irene unconsciously nodding her head to the beat as she took 5 bottles of the lemon flavoured energy drinks from the display. Flashbacks appeared in her mind as the song progressed.

( 2015 - Seoul Music Awards Day )

It was the end of the show and it was the time of the legen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter