Fifteen.

When Our Stars Align
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The show kicked off with the MCs talking and introducing the concept of the show that night. The idols and artists were all seated at their respective tables, listening attentively as the MCs started giving off awards. IU was awarded and made her speech that night. As she was having other schedules after the show, she left right immediately after she received her award and Yeri went back to join the other members at their table. Jungkook eyed Yeri secretly as she sat down on her seat and looked away.

Irene kept her cool as she constantly glanced towards BTS table, looking for Taehyung whom was paying close attention to the stage. The show continued on and the show introduced the two award presenters - Woo Do Hwan and Kim Sae Ron. Woo Do Hwan is Joy's acting partner in her upcoming drama, Tempted which she have been preparing to film for the drama. Kim Sae Ron on the other hand was one of Yeri's close friends. They often hang out together during their free time and they often had long talks on the phone at night.

The two presenters walked to the microphones in their flashy dress and suit. They began reading their scripts, talking and conversing to each other about their favourite artists and music preferences. They came to a topic of idol friends and Sae Ron looked around the crowd of idol guests and smiled at Yeri. 

"So, SaeRon-sshi, do you have any idols over here that you're close with?" Dohwan asked.

Saeron smiled. "Yeah, of course. I think over all the idols, I'm the closest to Yeriminie~ Yeriminie-ah, all the best and I love you!" Saeron said as the crowd went wild and Yeri stood up upon her words and waved at Saeron. The camera focused on Yeri and Yeri laughed and gave Saeron a heart sign with her hands. 

Saeron laughed again at Yeri's cute actions and then looked at her MC cards again. She then asked, "Dohwan-sshi, what about you then? Do you have anyone close amongst all the idols tonight over here?"

Dohwan paused for a moment. "I don't really have much friends who are idols. I mean, I'm relatively a new actor and I probably have more actor friends than idol friends but recently I've been casted in an drama with Joy-sshi from Red Velvet. She's a nice person and I'm sure we can get along well. Joy-sshi, all the best for today~" Dohwan said.

The crowd went wild upon Dohwan's speech. They started chanting Joy's name and Joy got flustered by Dohwan's words for her. She then stood up and waved happily at Dohwan. Dohwan then continued and said, "Joy-sshi, have you eaten? Hope you're feeling well." 

The crowd went nuts again over Dohwan's caring words. Joy blushed and gave heart signs to Dohwan in reply to which the camera captured her clearly. The crowd started chanting for Red Velvet as the presenters took out the award envelop and read out the award. There was a pause as the MCs looked at the results and smiled brightly. Dohwan then called out the winner of the award, that is, Red Velvet.

They won a Bonsang for their songs released in 2017, Rookie, Red Flavour and Peek-a-Boo. These songs have created a huge impact in the charts for the year of 2017 with Red Flavour being one of the most hottest songs that summer. The members of Red Velvet stood up from their seats and was b in bright smiles as they walked up to the stage to receive the award and make a speech about their success.

Irene took the initiative as the leader as she had practiced the speech beforehand. She took the microphone and thanked the fans, family, friends and their company for their support and she promised on the behalf of Red Velvet to work even harder on their future albums and songs. Irene also took the time to promote their comeback single next week, that is Bad Boy. Irene then handed over the microphone to Wendy whom widened her eyes in shock. Wendy then spoke in english - thanking all of the fans for their continuous support for Red Velvet and she congratulated every other artist and idol in the show for their contribution to the music society in Korea.

Irene smiled proudly at Wendy's speech in english. She did not brief Wendy about her english speech before this show but Wendy still managed to pull it through and deliver an outstanding speech. The girls bowed again and slowly walked off the stage and immediately headed backstage to their waiting room to get changed into their stage outfits. The girls will be performing shortly and they wore their beautiful alluring black outfits and the stylists changed their hairstyles and touched up on their make-up before the girls ran back to the backstage to get ready.

They were only given 20 minutes after their award was presented to get everything done before they would be heading off to the stage for their 6 minute long performance. The girls would be performing their hit songs Red Flavour and Peek-a-Boo and the girls were nervous as usual. It was then their time to shine and the girls displayed everything they have practiced and prepared for the past week. They danced with passion and smiled continuously at the cameras and the audience and ended their last song with a bang.

The girls went backstage again and headed to the artists tables to rest and watch the rest of that night's show. Irene and Wendy sat on their seats as they noticed the Blackpink members walking towards their table. 

Joy, being the energetic and friendly girl she has always been, invited the girls over and they came over and sat with them on their table. Jennie greeted Irene warmly and Irene smiled at Jennie back. They were friends since they met each other at the same beauty salon Irene used to frequent. Thereafter, Irene went to a different beauty salon but they continued to hang out and keep in contact with each other by going to the same gym. Irene and Jennie talked and the other members chatted happily with the other members of Red Velvet.

Red Velvet and Blackpink was surprising close to each other. Everyone did not expect these two girl groups to click well with each other but miracles happened and Irene and Jennie were good friends that made the internet rile up with surprise when the photos of them hanging out and talking during SBS Gayo Daejun were posted all over the internet and on social media.

The girls chatted and had a great time together before BTS came on the stage and performed their hit singles, Mic Drop and DNA. Irene was hyped up for Taehyung and BTS. She was never that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter