Two.

When Our Stars Align
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days passed busily for the Red Velvet members as they were all exhausted on the friday morning. They had all stayed up over night for more practice and a radio show. The members were now in their rooms packing hurriedly for the trip to Hong Kong for the MAMA Awards. The hectic schedule had left them with only an hour to rest and get everything packed and ready to head to the airport. The members took turns to shower and Irene was the first to shower.

Wrapping her head with the towel, she hurriedly rummaged through her closet and grabbed several sweaters and t-shirts and chunked them into her suitcase. She threw several skirts and jeans into the suitcase along with her undergarments and socks. She then hurriedly gathered her cosmetic and skincare and dumped it all into her suitcase. 10 minutes was left and Irene could finally catch her breath.

She sat beside her packed suitcase and took her phone out. No messages from Taehyung. Maybe she was hoping too much from him ever since that phone call. Nothing has really changed ever since then, they were still just casual acquaintences. Irene heaved a dreadful sigh before she was startled by the sudden appearance of her manager.

"Irene-ah, you've got everything settled?" Her manager asked.

Irene nodded her head. "Yeah, oppa. I've got them covered. Where's the tickets?" Irene replied.

The manager passed her the tickets. "Just check in the suitcases later at the counter. After that go straight in and you all will then have free time there then." her manager instructed. "Dont wander around in there. Keep us updated." He added on.

Irene nodded her head. "Alright, I will take care of them, dont worry." She replied.

The members of Red Velvet gathered their suitcases and loaded them into the company van which then brought them to the airport. The members were all exhausted and fell into sleep immediately upon entering the van.

The bright shining lights of the airport shone right through the vans and woke the members of Red Velvet up as they glanced and saw the airport right infront of them. They disembarked from the van and took their individual suitcases along as they walked into the airport, with the company of their dedicated hardworking fanbase snapping paparazzi and candid shots of them. They smiled warmingly and wholeheartedly at the dedication and support of their fanbase, which they were grateful for their success as a group.

Irene glanced at the board and guided the members and the crew to the check in counters where they deposited their suitcases which then they procceeded and entered the departure hall.

Just when Irene entered the hall, she saw a group of guys on their right, which seemed to have just entered the hall. The guys caught her attention as they were all decked in simple yet expensive clothing. Irene squinted her eyes to get a clearer look and it appeared to be BTS. At that moment, several girls ran towards them and asked them for their autographs and photographs excitedly.

"Oh- isn't that Bangtan?" Joy pointed towards the guys from afar.

"Oh yeah, I think its them. Look at the crowd of fangirls.. Must be them. They are really popular these days." Seulgi commented.

Wendy patted on Irene's shoulders. "Looks like fate brought you and him together huh." Wendy teasingly said.

"Him? Who?" Seulgi asked.

"You guys all know who." Wendy said as she gave the peace sign.

The members started laughing and teasing the leader, who was blushing and hiding her smile with her long hazel coloured hair. Yeri then glanced at the guys and spotted Jungkook to which she sheepishly smiled at him as she pointed to the glasses she was wearing that Jungkook had got for her. Both of them were wearing their round glasses.

"Ugh, Yeri is disgusting.." Joy said as she walked to Wendy which both of them joked and hugged each other, pretending to be a loving couple.

Irene couldn't stop turning her head to look at the guys, more specifically Kim Taehyung. She was surprised that for once fate brought them together. At that moment, their manager came from behind and passed the boarding passes to every member. Irene glanced through the boarding pass and gasped. "Business Class?!?!" Irene shrieked as the members started celebrating amongst themselves.

"Yeah Lee Soo Man sunbaenim told us to treat you to business class. Its on him." their manager replied.

"Woah this is amazing." Wendy commented.

"How long more to our flight?" Yeri asked.

"About 30 more minutes. You guys should make your way to the gate now." Their manager replied.

The girls followed through the hall to the gate with their manager guiding them. As they walked past the BTS members, Wendy started smirking to Seulgi as they both watched as the oldest and youngest member stealing glances towards the BTS members. Irene was secretly looking at Taehyung and Yeri was peeking at Jungkook, to which both of them were busy receiving much love and attention from their fans.

As Irene walked past them, she felt a glaze at the corner of her eyes. She turned around and it was at that moment Taehyung was looking at her. Upon exchanging the eye contact, Taehyung immediately diverted his eyes back to the fans. Irene looked away then and sighed quietly. At that moment, Wendy slowly walked beside her and wrapped her arms around the leader's shoulder. "Unnie, he was looking at yoy again with those eyes." Wendy whispered quietly to her.

Irene nodded her head but remained silent. "You know those eyes..." Wendy said. The eyes that Taehyung made as he looked at her, Irene was always soft for that. The eyes were full of attention, as if he was paying attention to every part of her as he looked at her, with much interest and care. It was beyond words that Irene could ever describe about Taehyung's glaze to her. She often wondered, was that even love? She was still uncertain if this was all mutual feelings or was she over reacting and this is a one-sided love.

The members of the Red Velvet boarded the plane earlier than the other passages due to their priviledges of the business class. Irene took the aisle seat beside with Wendy, and the other 3 sat beside and behind them. The members were all settling themselves down, with the youngest members preoccupied with their own music and the older members were all taking selfies together on the plane. Wendy was showing off her new film camera and was taking fun and candid shots of the other two older members.

The air stewardress wore a pretty uniform - the standard ribbon scarf and its clean sleek blouse and skirt. They served the members their pre-flight drinks and snacks and the members started indulging in them. Irene took her phone out and scrolled through her social media until she was interrupted by the entrance of the BTS members.

*Oh . They took the same flight as us.* Irene thought as she saw Taehyung entering the plane together with their youngest member, Jungkook whom was secretly attached to Yeri.

The other members started greeting the BTS members wholeheartedly and Irene could see from her side that Yeri was smiling widely towards Jungkook. Irene smiled proudly at the youngest member as she saw them secretly mumbling to each other. Taehyung looked at Irene and gave a slight smile to her. Irene looked at him and smiled back to which earning some nudges from her company Wendy. "What was that? This is far from coincidence. It's fate.." Wendy again.

"Shut up. One more time you say anything I'm gonna take your film camera away." Irene said in a slight annoyed tone

"Unnie dont lie to yourself. You know you are enjoying this moment." Wendy chuckled.

The BTS members sat on the other side of the plane. They all settled themselves down, except Taehyung who was still making secret glances to his right to check on Irene.

"Why is he looking at me... is there something on me or what." Irene mumbled under her breath as she shut her eyes and tried to make herself sleep.

Meanwhile, the BTS members were all on their phones, texting to each other in their own group chat.

RM: Maknae, what was that?! You and Yeri seemed closer than what we knew. Is there anything we are supposed to know?

Jungkook: Uh what?
Jimin: Liar. Are you guys dating or what?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter