Yerim is not Jealous

Playing Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AHH I was gonna update last night but I forgot but anyways,
A JoyRi chapter for ya'll.

For some reasons, Yerim hates ignoring Sooyoung for the whole winter break. Yerim's uncertain if it's annoyance or anger but one thing she's sure of is that she doesn't want any of Sooyoung. And by any, she means seeing any signs of her presence, hearing her voice, smelling her familiar scent, and even recognizing her shadow she's grown distinct of.

Yerim makes sure to let Sooyoung know she hates her by dropping all her phone calls. She doesn't just let her phone ring, she drops the calls because her ringtone pisses the hell out of her. Which is what Seungwan doesn't understand because why not just mute it? And most of all, Yerim's always keep her phone close to her and she's 24/7 on it. Yerim doesn't use her phone that often.

It's as if Yerim's waiting for Sooyoung's calls only for her to drop it. Maybe Seungwan's wrong. Maybe she's not. But Seungwan would rather not go in their business and let them talk it out.

Most of the time,they argue over the pettiest things and bickers all the time then starts hitting each other even in public without getting ashamed.They can never go in a day without attacking each other.If ever they have an argument or a fight,they'd make up in a day and then they're back to normal.

But this time it isn't just some petty argument. Not when they lasted two weeks without talking to each other and they're still at it. Seungwan thought it would be best if they both give each other space but two weeks seems more than unusual especially with Yerim and Sooyoung who would've been spending their holidays shopping for mostly unnecessary stuffs and wasting their time wandering around the city.

 

 

 

Sooyoung doesn't give up from calling Yerim.She doesn't know why she's being ignored and it pisses her off when the only responses she's getting from the latter are phone calls getting dropped and her messages left on read. It drives her crazy because what the hell did she do now? Besides that, she haven't seen her for two weeks and she's thirsting to bicker over the littlest things which has become a usual ritual.

As much as she's annoyed, she misses Yerim. She doesn't want to sound needy-although that's already what she is, but she just want to see Yerim so bad but apparently she's being an for ignoring me so it I'm barging into her house.

It only takes her fifteen minutes of bus to get to the latter's house. She stomps to the entrance and knocked violently on the door yelling "Kim Yerim!" on top of her lungs as she repeatedly press the doorbell, being the annoying "friend" she is. It doesn't take long when the door is immediately answered by a girl of smaller physique who is smiling at her, eyes beaming with surprise and excitement.

"Youngie?"

Sooyoung returns the smile back to Seungwan.Sometimes she just completely forgets that they live together. Oh well. They're sisters, what was she even expecting?

"Sorry for doing that."

Sooyoung gives Seungwan an apologetic for coming unnanounced and being of a bother and rude for ringing the bell multiple times.

"It's fine. Did you need something?"

"Yeah. Kind of. Can I see your sister?"

She asks sheepishly as she scratches the back of her neck.

"Kind of?" Seungwan snorts pinching the bridge of her nose as to hold back her laughter. "Of course you can! Come on in for now. She's washing herself."

With a huge grin on Seungwan's face, she invites Sooyoung inside their house and leads her to the living room. Sooyoung notices how all the windows are shut making the interior dim enough to be considered gloomy. Seungwan has only switched the lamps on beside the sofa as a source of light when they got into the living room. She sits on the sofa with an unidentified color becuase of the lack of light. It's probably blue of a darker color or just a plain gray.

"Want some hot choco?"

"Yes please."

She watches Seungwan disappear into the kitchen and switches her attention to the mounted flat screen that only was the source of light before the lamp was used to brighten up the living room but still not enough to Sooyoung's liking. She then takes the remote controller to channel surf to find brighter channels like colorful kiddy shows but all she can find are unfamiliar channels with unfamiliar noises.

She mutes the tv, settling the device on the table and listens to the noises coming from the kitchen of clinking glasses and water boiling hoping that it'd be replaced by a door unlocking and the sound of faucet being turned off to stop the running water.

She stops observing the noises and starts sniffing the house filled with a mellow scent of maple,wood, and maybe a whiffing scent of Seungwan as she hands her the cup hot choco. Sooyoung mumbles thank you as Seungwan sits across her, sipping on her own cup of hot choco.

Sooyoung does the same. She sips on her hot choco to relish her drying throat because of the winter cold of January. Not to mention, the house is cold as if they don't believe in heaters. But it's not uncomfortably cold because the way Seungwan smiles at her warmly helps.

"Sorry for ringing your doorbell like that."

"It's fine, really. No biggie"

Sooyoung nods sheepishly and says nothing after. Neither does Seungwan. It's quiet for a while and Sooyoung turns her attention to her cup then sipping the hot liquid to once again relish and also think of something else to say to start a new conversation that would make it less awkward between them. Sooyoung just hears a meek sound of splashing from the bathroom and she looks up to Seungwan.

She watches Seungwan stirs her cup of hot choco, calmly, as if there's nothing bothering her. Maybe because she's happy about something. She envies her. Whatever she's got herself in is still unknown because the girl who has been ignoring her won't tell her anything but give her the cold treatment. They've gotten in a lot of disagreements and fights but it has never gotten this worse. She wonders what Yerim is thinking right now. She wonders if Yerim wants her to make the first move. She wonders if she should just leave and tell Seungwan not to tell Yerim she ever came.

Seungwan hears Sooyoung sighs as the girl looks at her cup, so obvious that she's occupied with something. So obvious that she's bothered by the fact that Yerim's been ignoring her. She wants to tell her that Yerim's isn't ignoring her on purpose. Yerim's just scared to say something she'd regret and she wants Sooyoung to do something about it. To respond in a way that she doesn't like how Yerim's been acting. Though Seungwan doesn't really know what happened between them, Yerim's pretty obvious. To her atleast. She just realized it when Yerim would take long to shower as if it's her way to disengage from her-from Seungwan. Yerim has probably noticed she's being too much of an open book. Seungwan then thought she was right.

"Hey."

Seungwan starts,

"I know I shouldn't be acting too calm for you and Yerim's situation. I just don't want you to feel too worried as you wait for Yerim. I just feel like I should atleast make you comfortable."

Sooyoung smiles at Seungwan.

"Yeah, thank you. I do feel comfortable.Thanks Seungwan, really"

"I hope you don't think I'm being nosy, but I just want to know what happened between you and Yerim. I've noticed how Yerim's been acting so different and gloomy the past weeks. She talks to me and all but I can't ask her directly about her problems."

Sooyoung thinks for a while to respond. What actually happened? Because she's not sure how to respond to the question. And then she's sighing again as she looks down at her feet and then back up at Seungwan.

"No of course you're not being nosy. I understand she's your sister and to be honest, I don't really know what happened between us. I don't know what I did. She just stopped talking to me all of a sudden and before I knew it I was being ignored. I even tried sending her messages like how my usual self would talk to her. No sweet talking or some sort of affection but it doesn't seem to work so I tried calling her but she consantly drops all of my calls. That's why I'm here. I want to just sort things out with her. Ask her what's wrong. I just hope she tells me. I just hope it doesn't go wrong."

Sooyoung starts tapping her fingers around the cup which Seungwan notices. Seungwan settles her cup on the table debating if she should tell Sooyoung about her calls getting dropped or just let them talk about it later. She turns her head to where the bathroom door is supposed to be to listen for any signs if Yerim's coming out soon.

"Yeah. She won't come out for a little while."

Seungwan smiles at Sooyoung leaning a little bit forward to tap the girl's shoulders as to make her feel even just a tiny bit better.

"Thank you for coming. I'm sure you'll sort it out with her. I know she's waiting for you."

Sooyoung returns the smile. Seungwan then leans her back on the couch and it's quiet again .But Sooyoung wants to keep the conversation going. There's also things she wants to talk about. And it's not about her but about the the girl sitting across her.

"Hey!" 

"Hm?"

"You said Yerim's gonna take a little while, right?"

Seungwan nods with a half smile.

"Then let's talk about something else!"

"Like?"

"I don't know"

Sooyoung waits for the silence to take over once again, watching Seungwan's expression. The same Seungwan from 2 years ago. Not so timid and more confident. Not stuttering nor avoiding eye contact. She almost tears up on how much she's missed this Seungwan. A sign that Seungwan has moved on.

"How are you?"

She places her cup on the table and Seungwan gives her a sweet little eye smile.

"Great! Although,I'm worried about you and Yerim."

"Yes I know. But how are you? I meant that."

Sooyoung repeats ponting at Seungwan's almost healed lips and Seungwan taps on it to get the feel of a familiar hands tapping on it.

"Did she?"

Sooyoung implies raising both brows as she mirrors Seungwan's action on her lips.

“Yeah she helped me clean it.Thank you.”

"You're welcome and I'm sorry."

Seungwan gives her confused look, tilting her head a litte to the side. She doesn't understand why Sooyoung's apologizing with a smile on her face.

"What for?"

"For not telling you sooner that you don't like me. Well, not anymore but, I've known it for quiet a while but I was too scared too talk to you. I feel like I'd break you."

Sooyoung has been aware that what Seungwan's feelings towards her had gone. The latter had gotten shame confused with love. Shame is what held her back from communicating with her. She thought she still loved her because she couldn't get herself to talk to her and to face her properly. And Sooyoung knows how fragile Seungwan could get so she let her be like that for a while in hope she'd realize it herself.

She thought it wouldn't take that long until months turned into a years. That's when she realized, she made it worse because she couldn't even talk to her too. She started acting the same. The inability to talk normally like how they used to. The akward tension between them. But it's all over now.

She's thankful to herself for making the right decision of following Seungwan when she barged out of the infirmary. Although she was too late to reach the rooftop in time because Seungwas was already ed. She couldn't do anything but to blame herself for coming too late. She felt guilty and she took it all out on Jennie and the fact that the latter drugged Joohyun.

Jennie might've suffered twice Seungwan's unjuries but it's not like Sooyoung regrets a single bit. She didn't throw punches. She threw Jennie around like an unwanted old toy, ragged and torn. The latter was slammed on the floor and on the floor again and again until she couldn't stand anymore. She didn't want to ruin a pretty face despite how she messed up Seungwan and Joohyun. She might've overreacted but didn't Jennie did too? Drugging Joohyun over a chess game? Isn't that just desparation?Showing off for her jealous girlfriend? How pathetic is that?

"Out! Get the away from here!"

She yelled in anger pointing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter