Let's Stop Playing and Start Loving

Playing Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Seul, I can’t breathe." Seungwan can barely open her eyes when she wakes up out of breathe because of how tight Seulgi’s holding onto her smaller physique. She looks at Seulgi who is snoring and fast asleep , mouth wide open. Such a cute sight but at the same time she’s having trouble breathing

But instead of forcing the girl awake, she gently lifts the girl's arm of off her and she feels Seulgi’s grip loosens. It’s the last day after all. Who knows when they’ll wake up next to each other during summer break. She doesn’t know whether Seulgi’s parents would be fond of her as her girlfriend. She can’t really invite Seulgi into her room since she and Yerim shares the same room unless her sister plans to sleepover at Sooyoung’s house. 

It doesn’t take long for Seulgi to wake up, surprised Seungwan’s awake before her. Maybe the girl’s getting used to their midnight habits.

"Goodmorning~" the monolid girl greets, giving her girlfriend’s lips a peck. "Wow, you're up before me? You're getting used to it, aren't you?" the monolid girl smiles mischievously.

"You were choking me in your sleep."

"Ei~ why would I do that?" Seulgi denies cutely eyes forming into crescents, playfully slapping Seungwan's shoulder.

"I don't know? Maybe you're into that?" Seungwan says jokingly, raising one eyebrow at her girlfriend who is smiling at her like a puppy.

"Are you? I can choke you when I'm not sleeping." red hue starts to paint Seungwan's cheeks. When did Seulgi learn how to tease? 

"Ugh Sooyoung's rubbing off on you." Seungwan states in disgust. If Seulgi starts acting like Sooyoung, then she's gonna start whining more than usual. Plus playful Seulgi is so much worse. You never know when this girl's joking.

"Maybe, but still, I'd rather you rub against me." 

"That's it, I'm showering by myself!" the next thing Seulgi remembers is a pillow flying towards her face at a rapid speed. Seungwan’s picking up her shirt that is carelessly thrown on the floor, stomping her way to the bathroom before Seulgi calls out her name.

"Seungwan, wait! I have to tell you something!” the said girl glares at the monolid. “You have a nice .”

Annoyed Seungwan slams the bathroom door close without saying anything leaving Seulgi guilty. She’s gonna have to make it up for her girlfriend now. Oh well.

 

 

Usual lunch break exept it's the last day. Sooyoung has somehow convinced Jennie to sit with them and the latter is sat awkwardly between Seungwan and Seulgi because Sooyoung claimed that "you are going to finger each other under the table when you're next to each other. I don't trust neither of you!" hence the reason why Jennie is blushing as she separates the couple.

Sooyoung's grumpy, which means something happened today and Yerim knows exactly why but she'd rather not take the troublesome job of explaining it to the group. She hates troublesome things.

Sooyoung is lazily sat with her arms crossed and back slumped on her chair. She's been sighing for a minute now which means she's waiting for someone to notice, or rather, address her unusual mood because annoying Sooyoung who pokes fun of everyone seems to not be present at the moment. Just a tired and grumpy Sooyoung at the moment. Yerim's just dozing on her girlfriend's lap.

"What is it?" Seungwan asks because she knows the girl needs some kind of venting.

"Finally! Someone who actually cares enough to ask!" Sooyoung glares at Seulgi leaving the girl confused, too oblivious of Sooyoung's unusual behavior.

"What'd I do???" Sooyoung's quick to tell her to shut up and in defeat, Seulgi pouts looking away from the table. Does everyone hate her today?

"The principal didn't want to give us another pass for Joohyun's photoshoot. What kind of ery like... why not?! So I got mad, I was fuming, went a little overboard and guess what? I got a ing afterschool detention. Who enforced the rule to legalize afterschool detention on the last day? I just had my humans right taken by people of fake authority on the last day! " Yerim's shaken awake from her dreamland because of the loud venting. She sits up rubbing her eyes.

"Shut up!" the youngest harshly says before Sooyoung apologizes with a hug. Hugging her girlfriend who just told her to shut up. Cute.

The other couple, along with Jennie, just sits there awkwardly as they watch Sooyoung rub her face against grumpy Yerim.

"Oh by the way! Jennie's here to join us! So tell us Jennie‐ssi," Sooyoung starts, smiling at the girl, totally changing the subject of attention. "Do you wanna join us tonight?" she asks excitedly and Seulgi's ears perk up upon hearing the question. 

"What about tonight?" the monolid girl asks.

"You know, last friday hangout with Joohyun. Well it's not really friday but yeah. Friday is Joohyun's graduation which is like in two days but I don't want to talk about that. I just wanted to know if Jennie‐ssi's interested in joining us." she looks at the girl.

Jennie was an average high school girl until she made a mistake of dating Jisoo. It was fun in the beginning. Their feelings were mutual but Jisoo was filled with hatred and jealousy. Her friends didn't help them. They only cared about the rush of adrenaline that they found in messing around and messing people's lives. They were too selfish to care about them. Those days are over now. It was a painful breakup. Her parents found out about it and forced her to meetup with a random guy she has never met before (Taehyung). It did help her when she opened up a little bit to the boy. They became friends, nothing more. She didn't have anyone to open up to. She had friends but they weren't that close to her. Luckily, Joohyun was kind enough to listen to her side and be her friend. Maybe a little more than friend.

"I would be glad to join but, my parents are going to pick me up tonight." disappointment washes over Sooyoung but that doesn't stop her.

"Well... that means I can ask you right at the moment, right?" 

"P‐pardon?" Sooyoung gives her a mischievous smile. She leans forward to Jennie who is a little bit scared because who isn't scared of Sooyoung?

"Do you mind if I get personal?"

"N‐not really." 

"Hmmm. Then... Are you dating our hag?" Jennie raises both her eyebrows, implying to make her question a little bit more clear for her to comprehend.

"You dating our hag, Joohyun? You know, the girl who always looks at you with heart eyes." Yerim smacks her in the head with a newspaper that happened to just be sitting around. The taller girl rubs the back of her neck and looks at her girlfriend confused.

"You're making her uncomfortable, geez." Sooyoung just gives her a stupid eye smile as a genuine apology. "Sorry about that. You don't have to respond. This girl can be a way too stupid sometimes." Jennie smiles at Yerim which meant it's okay and she doesn't mind.

"Are we really doing it?" Seulgi really really wishes they're doing their usual hangout or should she say their final hangout as a complete group. It's been so long since the last time. Or that's how she feels since so much has happened. 

"You heard me." Sooyoung replies.

"Great, I will totally enjoy drinking beer because I'm not alcohol intolerant." Yerim remarks in her most sarcastic tone.

"You can always drink me, babe." Sooyoung teases and Yerim cringes at the comment, hitting the girls' thighs without any ual intention but she earned a fake moan from Sooyoung that got Seulgi giggling. Seungwan glares at Seulgi's direction. She hopes Seulgi won't pick up any more of Sooyoung's weird behavior. She won't be laughing at Sooyoung and Yerim anymore if Seulgi starts acting like the taller girl. God, Seulgi's older than Sooyoung yet it seems like the other way around. 

As Seulgi seems to be enjoying Sooyoung's funny remarks at her girlfriend, the stupid smile plastered on her face, for some reason, annoys Seungwan.

The loud ringing of Jennie's phone has everyone abruptly stop from their shenanigans.

"Excuse me, I have to pick up this call." Jennie gets off from her seat, leaving no border between the couple Sooyoung has decided to separate because of some accusation.

Jennie bows at them before picking up the call. Seungwan looks at Yerim with meek smile.

"I saw." Yerim says.

"Unnie with a purple heart. Definitely our hag." Sooyoung adds. Seulgi glances at everyone one by one. 

"Why is Joohyun unnie calling Jennie but not us?" she asks innocently a little bit upset.

"That's the thing, Seul. Jennie's her special friend. Or I don't know? More than friend, I guess? That's why I want some info. Plan is, she's gotta be intoxicated since people are more likely to be more honest under the influence of alcohol." says Sooyoung.

"Who's gonna buy alcohol?" Seulgi asks.

"I really would like to ask one of my college friends to buy us some but you know, ing school detention. So yeah, we have no choice but to have Henry do it. No offense, I still have a strong dislike against that creature." 

"I miss beer." Seungwan says shortly.

"But do you miss me?" asks a grinning Seulgi. Seungwan gives the girl a death glare. This isn't good. She'd rather not engage in a conversation with Seulgi if she's gonna be like this.

"Not if you're gonna keep acting like that." Sooyoung and Yerim side eyes each other. Yup. They're kind of enjoying this.

 

After school, they all go to the Son's house to have Henry, the legal boy, buy them beer. Well except for Sooyoug who is currently enjoying her time in detention. Joohyun's at the kitchen, looking inside the cabinets if she can find any food she can snack on because the photoshoot took longer than she expected and she didn't know she was gonna starve that much . Yerim's using the bathroom while the two remaining girls have their time spending in the room Seungwan shares with her sister because Seulgi pretended she wanted to check out something in her girlfriend's room when in reality she really just wanted some time alone with Seungwan. They're waiting for Henry to come home from a party so everyone's expecting him to be stoked when he arrives.

Seulgi is able to convince the short haired girl to forgive her. Forgiving isn't hard for Seungwan. It only takes a little bit of coaxing from the monolid woman and a kiss that turned out into a makeout session before they shortly noticed that Yerim is standing right in front of them with a stoic expression.

"Sooyoung's right. You guys are disgusting." she calmly states with a little bit of disgust in her tone.

"Henry's downstairs if you guys don't mind. " the youngest adds as she eyes how Seulgi buttons up the first three buttons of her uniform while Seungwan awkwardly combs her hair with her hands as if to hide the embarrassment plastered on her face.

"W‐we will be there in a while." Seungwan stammers. Yerim quietly leaves and the moment she turns around, she cringes at the sight she had just witnessed. Imagine how much more disgusting they are in their room. Oh god no. She doesn't want to imagine.

Seulgi eyes Seungwan before she pecks her lips.

 

Surprisingly, Henry isn't drunk. His eyes widen when he sees Joohyun in the kitchen with her foot raised on the chair as she munches on a corn.

"Sup." she greets before going back to eating her corn.

Seulgi glares at Henry when their eyes meet. It's not only Sooyoung who dislikes Henry because of the incident. The monolid is only a little less violent and vindictive. Henry chuckles nervously. Joohyun only laughs from afar.

"Stop scaring the boy, Seulgi." Joohyun says mockingly and it got the sisters giggling.

Seulgi walks up to Henry with a sharp look in her eye.

"12 pack and a 6." the monolid hands out the money to Henry and the latter is hesitant whether to take it or not. He really wants to make it up for them since he knew that it'd be hard for the girls to forgive him because what he did was really ty. Leaving Seungwan out in trouble just like that. 

"It's all good." Henry kindly refuses the money with a smile. "It's on me. I got it. Don't worry. Yeah." Henry says between pauses.

Seulgi glares at her.

"You're lucky Sooyoung's not here. I still hate you Henry." Joohyun steps in the scene with an orange drink in her hand.

"No." Joohyun starts. "Make that 24 pack." she feels everyone's eyes on her except Henry who is a little bit confused so his glance shifts from everyone else then to Joohyun.

"What? I'm actually drinking this time. Come on, it's my last day. Let me enjoy this for the last time.I've always held myself back from these kind of fun."

"I get that but, where are we hiding those? 24 pack is a lot. I mean a lot." Yerim emphasizes.

"We split it like the usual. I hide the extras in my bag." Seungwan looks at Joohyun with wide eyes.

"Don't be an idiot, unnie." says Yerim.

"You might end up not graduating." Seungwan adds, worried.

"True. We can risk being highschool dropouts. Not you. Well we don't really want to be dropouts." Seulgi says foolishly.

Joohyun starts to laugh hysterically that she even sheds a tear. Her three friends look at her, amused at the same time confused as Henry only stepped further away caustiously.

"Ya... you guys worry too much. I'm Bae Joohyun. I can get myself and you guys out of trouble as long as I am around. So stop worrying and get it going." the eldest say in a carefree manner. 

Maybe she's right. Bae Joohyun is Bae Joohyun afterall.

 

 

 

Last day means the rules are bound to be broken and it's when students risk their future. Last day means they don't have to stay quiet because everyone else would be louder than them. Last day means there are no curfews. You can do whatever the hell you want as long as you don't get caught. The most obnoxious rule broken tonight yet was the loud blasting of a ty EDM track that has been playing for the last 2 hours. The school never cared for any music blasting activity. There were just too many students complaining. They care more about the people who are suspiciously quiet like last year when the whole 2nd floor was dead silent only to find out that one room was on fire. Thankfully no one was hurt. Just people caught engaging in some ual activity at the other end of the hall. And yes. There were males. Two males. Eight women who all went to the same school and were all expelled. Not very cool since Joohyun witnessed the repulsive activity but decided to stay away and didn't dare to say anything.

Despite the chaos going on outside Joohyun and Sooyoung's room, they stay in their own little world they have established the moment they all crossed paths with each other. They did play some music so people won't get suspicious of them. The room is dim and only the tv screen illuminates the room not until Sooyoung stands up to switch the lights on because the dark atmosphere is making her feel gloomy. Joohyun laughs at the tallest not knowing that Sooyoung's sudden mood is caused by her by the fact that soon, she'll be leaving high school and move to Japan.

"Cheers to us." says Seungwan as everyone raised their beer and Yerim, her strawberry milk, high in the air.

They sit together in a circle. Joohyun next to Sooyoung who is next to Yerim who is next to Seulgi who is next to Seungwan and the cycle goes on. They reminisce together. They laugh. They make fun of each other. All sorts of things they would do in the past.

Sooyoung asks Joohyun about Jennie. The latter denies that they are dating and when asked what the reason is because Jennie's a minor. She's only 17. The age difference is only two years but Joohyun is legal unlike Jennie.

"I'm not trying to get jailed. And also, I can wait. We can wait." she says with a meek smile on her face.

As they consume more alcohol, the feeling of last day hit them. They all have one thought in their head.

This really is the last day. 

Sooyoung has glanced multiple times on Joohyun's side of bed thinking about who's gonna replace the eldest to be her roommate. She knows no one can replace Joohyun and that is the truth. She can't help but cry a little bit and Seulgi's making fun of how she's being emotional again. Everyone laughs at her and she starts laughing at herself. But really, how is this room gonna be when Joohyun's gone?

Seulgi has gotten a little more better at handling alcohol but she doesn't drink too much because she knows her limit. She stays close to her girlfriend who is the best at drinking and for some reason she finds herself proud. Yerim's enjoying her variety of milk drinks and snacking on all the available foods she can fish out of the plastic bag while a sobbing Sooyoung is hugging her other arm. 

Drunk Joohyun is a little bit new. She has drunk the most because she's very hasty and yet she isn't close to how the alcohol has affected Seulgi who is looking a little bit hazy at the moment. She's a little giddy and chil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter