A Drive to Where You Are

Playing Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Seulgi hears Taehyung's car horn outside, she hastily walks away from Joohyun. Choosing to sleep with Joohyun over finding a missing Seungwan isn't an option. She leaves the house and hops inside mr. mullet boy's car, buckling her seatbelt and ordering the boy to start driving. Not until Joohyun catches his eyes. Taehyung insists to drive the girl home because she doesn't look too well. But Seulgi would much rather start searching for Seungwan now rather than concerning herself with something way less important.

"Shut up and start driving."

Clearly, he's interested in Joohyun. So Taehyung started asking questions about the girl. Seulgi doesn't really want to talk right now because she doesn't want to appear worried at the situation. So instead of losing her patience over Taehyung's questions, she decides to respond.

"She's my ex."

But it's already too late as Taehyung has already noticed the way she constantly fidgets with her fingers and with the way she shakes her leg. He's just trying to calm Seulgi down because clearly, she isn't. The girl just can't stay still and it's a little bit distracting. He's just trying to make the atmosphere lighter.

He tells a joke about hitting on Seulgi's ex in hope that the latter would laugh or go along. Seulgi keeps the same expression and is obviously not in the mood to joke around.

"He's not interested with the likes of you."

Much to his dismay, he drives faster as Seulgi tells him.

"I meant she's a lesbian, Tae."

"Yeah I know. Was just trynna calm you down. You seem panicked and uneasy."

Seulgi frowns at the statement, annoyed at how her acting isn't so oblivious.

"I am calm."

She insists but Taehyung just raises his brows at her, glancing to where her hands are placed.

"Yeah? Is that why can't you stop moving?"

Seulgi doesn't even realize she's been moving a lot. She stops tapping on her legs but her legs begin to shake on it's own unintentionally.

Yerim calls her, apologizing for being a bother. Seulgi tells her she's looking for Seungwan right now and asks a few questions about the girl. About how she went missing.

"The school called that unnie didn't attend her classes and that she wasn't in her dorm as they were checking past their curfew"

The worry in Yerim's voice is obvious and she blames herself that things are turning out this way. She's making Yerim worry because she's the reason why Seungwan is missing. Because she hurt her.

"I don't have anyone to ask for help. Henry, won't pick up my calls."

She tries to calm down before responding. Her heart is beating anxiously as her hands starts to shake again.

"I'll find her. I promise. I'll bring her home tonight."

"Thank you so much, Seulgi unnie."

Yerim is crying. She would've done the same too if it weren't being used to controlling her emotions. Because she is a crybaby. Seulgi cried herself to sleep every night when she just got out of her past relationship. But she learned to control it when Seungwan would sleep next to her and hug her so she doesn't make the latter worry. She felt like crying when she would always be reminded of someone who still chooses to hurt her again and again. Seungwan has helped her with a lot of things.

But then this is what she gives Seungwan back. A ing terrible choice of words that caused her to disappear without saying anything. Snapping at the innocent latter when she was just stating a fact.

Yes. Seulgi and Joohyun are the biggest liars. And she was stupid enough for not noticing how insensitive Joohyun was for taking advantage of her. She was stupid enough for lying along with her. She's just as worse as Joohyun. Because she could've convinced the latter sooner to confess about the mess they started. But it was too late because things has already started getting out of hand.

They drive to the dorm to find clues of where Seungwan has gone despite being banned from the school grounds. She goes to their assigned room. She stops advancing inside as soon as she open the door. The room is a total mess. Pillows and blankets scattered on the floor with some of their stuffs and a messy closet left wide open.

She walks in to look for something that could help her figure out where Seungwan is. But there was none but a meek smell of peaches lingering in the room.

""

She swore under her breathe out of frustration and worry. She sits on the floor for a moment, calming herself down because she can feel herself starting to panic. She lies down feeling hopeless but she is reminded by the promise she made with Yeri. I'll bring her home tonight. But how the is she gonna do that if she doesn't even know where to start looking for Seungwan? Seungwan never went out a lot. She stayed in the dorms most of the time, helping her finish her homework. Helping her study and get good grades. Helping her because Seulgi has gotten so dependent on someone since she met Seungwan. Cuddling with her to sleep and if not, drinking.

"Seulgi?"

She wipes her tears away as she gets up to look at Taehyung standing in the front door, apologizing after seeing how red her eyes are.

"Did you find something?"

Seulgi shakes her head downheartedly. Taehyung gives her an apologetic look and stands still in the same position waiting for a response or an order from her. She checks the time on her phone, it's half past eleven, getting late and yet she still doesn't have no clue where to begin searching.

If she lose Seungwan tonight. She'll lose her forever, she thinks.

Until she is jolting up from the cold floor, wide eyes looking back at Taehyung.

"Do you know how to track someones's phone?"

Taehyung nods quickly and Seulgi's immediately running out of the dormitory building back to the car to check her phone. They start tracking Seungwan's phone, Seulgi hoping she can finally find her and maybe talk to her without creating another mess.

"She's like...over an hour away from here."

Taehyung says worriedly not because of how late it is. He's used to this, going out very late at night to either drink or get laid. He's worried about what Seulgi's parents would think if they find out that he's driving around with her at midnight without their consent.

But a simple please from Seulgi which almost sounds like a beg is enough for him to start his car and start driving to the place where Seungwan should be according to the GPS.

Taehyung is trying to speed up his driving to get to the place as quickly as possible so Seulgi can stop the tapping that's gradually getting louder and louder, obviously growing impatient and worried.

"Seungwan isn't kidnaped right?"

She asks, voice cracking, slightly shaky and different from her speaking tone. He doesn't know how to respond to that. He shrugs, glancing at the GPS, probably a familiar place he's been too. Or not.

"I'm sure she isn't."

He lies but that's the only way he can make Seulgi feel a little more relaxed. Seulgi sighs, looking at the GPS to see if the place isn't so isolated. She keeps mum then.

Taehyung tries to focus his attention on the road but if he's being honest, Seulgi is really distracting of how she's constantly changing her position, obviously still not so better than before. What does he expect anyway? This Seungwan girl seems to be missing.

"So who is this, Seungwan?"

The question made Seulgi think? Who is Seungwan? They're supposed to be bestfriends but after she snapped at her like that she doesn't think she's in the right place to even say that. How pathetic.

Taehyung glances at Seulgi's direction when he notices that the girl is taking longer than usual to answer. He starts to hum to question her.

"An im-important person..."

She quietly says, looking out the window.

 

 

 

It is...

a nightclub. Seulgi doesn't know when and how Seungwan has started taking interest in nightclubs or partying at this kind of hour. Yes, Seungwan may be a little rebellious but going out this late just to party at a place almost 2 hours away from her house isn't like Seungwan at all.

Seulgi is a still thankful Seungwan isn't kidnap or anything but this place can be dangerous too. It's full of people she doesn't know and alcohol. Seungwan could get wasted here and people might take adavantage of her.

She hastly enter the place with Taehyung following her, head bopping at the loud music and people trying to dance with him as he advances inside.

"Can I dance real quick?"

Seulgi is quick to turn her head at him with an ice cold glare which indicates a big NO.

"No Tae, I don't want to lose my ride in the middle of this booming system. Atleast help me look for her."

Taehyung shrugs walking closer towards her.

"How does she look."

Seulgi starts describing Seungwan. Seungwan is short. Shorter than her. Probably wearing a flannel. And a red hair that stands out. Long hair and a bangs. Big eyes and piercings. A lot of ear piercings. Pale and soft skin. High and narrow nose. Plump lips. And she smells like peaches.

Taehyung nods, smiling at how Seulgi has just detailedly described the girl. Maybe Seulgi knows her too well. Soft skin. Sure. She had to say that? It's not like he's going to touch every girl in this club. Very funny.

They proceed to search separately. Seulgi squeezes through the crowd of people dancing way too much for her liking along with the ear deafening music, bass blasting everywhere. Smell of expensive perfumes mixed with strong alcohols and the meek smell of musk. Scents mixing with other scents in which she tries to trace the scent of familiar peaches.

She can't. Not even a hint of it.

How can Seungwan even last here if she herself already hates it as people would try to pull her for a dance and start rubbing their bodies on her. She's disgusted and frustrated but all she does is push everyone out of her way rather roughly. Looking for Seungwan is her priority for now and not getting into trouble.

She advances up the the stairs where the lounge is supposed to be just located above the ground level with lesser people. And there she sees Seungwan, standing with some group of people, hand holding a cup, dancing to the music.

She stomps towards her when a guy is just about to rub his body against Seungwan. Grabbing her by the wrist, Seungwan is shaken at the sudden warmth around her wrist. She looks on the hand around it then up to Seulgi.

Seungwan's expression looks so blank. But that isn't what's making Seulgi furious. It's what Seungwan is wearing. It isn't the flannel she was expecting on her but a white crop top and a short skirt.

Seungwan looks beautiful but she'd rather not have her wearing this outfit in this kind of place where she might get guys having boners and ladies pooling down there. Her top is very tight and very distracting. And for God's sake, winter breeze is still around.

"What are you doing here?"

Seungwan deadpans before taking a sip on her red plastic cup. Seulgi furrows her eyebrows in annoyance at Seungwan's nonchalance. Tugging on the latter's wrist she shoots her a glare as she started hissing at her.

"I'm here to get you. We're getting out of here."

Just then she notices the eyes on them, people judging her, giving her nasty looks as they whisper things to their friends. She couldn't care less though because as soon as she turns around to start dragging Seungwan out of there, she doesn't even spare them an attention and starts walking away.

But Seungwan tugs her wrist out of her hold.

"No, I'm not going anywhere with you, Seulgi."

The latter once again deadpans but this time her eyebrows are hinting annoyance and her lips starts to twitch.

"Yes and you are coming with me."

Seulgi grabs her wrist again and begins walking down the ground level, pulling her through the crowd as they both squeezes through but Seungwan quickly escapes her hold and starts running away from her.

"Seungwan, where are you going? H-hey Seungwan!"

She starts shoving people out of the way which earned her another nasty looks and curses but she doesn't give a especially when she notices how Seungwan starts to disappear from the crowd.

"Seungwan!"

Seungwan keeps walking without turning around. Why did Seulgi have to come here. How did she even find her. Why did she have to come at the wrong time. This is terrible. Seeing her like this and suddenly touching her as if she's gonna recover just as fast as she found her.

She didn't expect Seulgi tonight. She didn't expect anyone tonight. She's been here for almost 2 hours just chatting with people she's never met before. Drinking a non-alcoholic beverage because she's not 21 yet but still manage to get drunk off the smell of it.

She's been drunk since Joohyun kissed her. She had to take some time to recover from the pain of thinking how the latter and Seulgi ed before deciding to put on outfits she was never fond of and head to somewhere where she can just forget a little. To school and just be a stupid dramatic teenage girl who just wants to forget because love is stupid and overrated.

But she's been here for almost 2 hours and yet she can't find a joy to anything and she can't even get the thoughts out of her head for once or even for just a short time. So she forces a smile becaus it worked around Yerim. It worked to convince herself that she's okay.

The people here lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter