A Complicated Love Cycle

Playing Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun doesn't seem like the type to drink at a school dormitory because she's known to be a goody two shoes. Joohyun would like to take a break from that image which the school has classified her only because she's very quiet and obedient. She takes a break by taking alcohol lightly when Seungwan would plan everything out in her and Sooyoung's room.

Joohyun would sometimes complain inside her head when the teachers would ask her to do this and that. In fact,she hates being ordered around and people automatically thinks she's a good student just because she has good grades. They're wrong. She isn't one of those kind of bad students who fights in campus over the pettiest things nor the kind of bad students who swears at teachers and pull harsh pranks on everyone.

Drinking alcohol at dormitories is of course, prohibited. Joohyun doesn't care less though, because this is only one of the many rules she'd break for Seungwan. Other than that, Joohyun breaks the school rules by lying to save her friends' asses when they get in trouble especially Seungwan and Sooyoung.

Joohyun hadn't really drunk alcohol until that one time two years ago when Seungwan invited her to her house where she actually drank the beer.

Joohyun felt hesitant to go because it was getting late and no one had invited her to come to someone else's house especially at 7 pm except Seulgi. Joohyun also thought she should tell Seulgi that she's going to Seungwan's house since Seulgi's her bestfiend afterall. Sure they have broken up but she made Seulgi stay for a reason. 

"Hyunnie,can you please come over?"

Joohyun hated how Seungwan sounded so miserable that she had no choice but to come over to the latter's house and accompany the wretched girl. When has Seungwan started to call her Hyunnie? When did that even come from? Did she need her that bad? Joohyun didn't know but she tried not to bother thinking too much.

She stood infront of the wretched girl's house, rang the bell patiently and couldn't help herself but worry because of the sudden change in Seungwan's behavior and mood especially when she asked her to come over.

It didn't take long when Seungwan greeted her happily at the doorstep, hugged her like she hadn't seen her for so long. Joohyun wondered why Seungwan was acting so different from when she talked to her on the phone because Seungwan didn't look miserable at all. Seungwan had a huge grin on her face and she was already pulling Joohyun in their house.

No one was with Seungwan except Yerim who was sitting at the living room, whole body slumped on the couch as she watched kiddy shows. The latter didn't bother saying hi to her because she was too occupied with the show she was watching. And why was it so dark? There was literally no lights on except the light coming from the television that illuminated the living room. It was summer but why was it so cold inside? Was their ac on?

Joohyun shifted her attention to her wrist that was being pulled by Seungwan leading her upstairs to the latter's room.

Joohyun would be lying if she said she wasn't scared because why was their house so damn dark and cold? Had it always been like this? Not to mention, it was eerily quiet. She couldn't even hear the tv noises from the 1st floor.

Joohyun almost got blind when Seungwan flicked the light switch on in her room. There were two beds so she assumed Seungwan and Yerim shares the room. The room was half clean and half messy and she wondered which one's Seungwan's side of room.

What caught Joohyun's attention was the pack of beer sitting on the table at the corner of the clean side of the room. Joohyun realized it was Seungwan's side of room when the latter ushered her to sit and join her.

Seungwan popped the tab of her first beer and Joohyun could only wince at the sound and smell of it. Was Seungwan really going to drink beer infront of her? Wasn't she a little too young to drink alcohol? Who even bought this for her? Who allowed her to drink? Where are her parents? Joohyun got only more confused when Seungwan's not smiling anymore and so she assumed that the girl was really having a bad day.

"Why did you call me over?"

Seungwan passed her a can of beer which she struggled to crack open. How did those even work?

"Yerim won't understand."

was the only response she got and it didn't help Joohyun to understand .Understand what exactly? She wanted to ask her but the girl wouldn't even look at her. Her eyes were only glued to the labels of the beer she's holding so Joohyun could only sip her own. She grimaced at the bitter taste touching the tip of her tongue. How could Seungwan even tolerate the taste of beer?

Just then,her phone started to vibrate inside her pockets.

Sender:Seulgi
Hey uhhh, I can't meet with you tonight to watch a movie Sooyoung kind of needs me right now. Sorry... Don't worry!I'll make it up for you tomorrow and even the day after that ^_^.

They were going to watch movies to hang out unromantically. They WERE.

Receiver:Seulgi
It's fine. Besides, I'm kind of busy too and tired at the moment.

Sender:Seulgi
Alright then, good night. I guess? :)

Joohyun hid her phone in her pocket and went back to watching the girl sitting accross the table chug her beer. Seungwan wasn't saying anything to her and Joohyun only kept mum. Although the girl was only gazing out of the window, Joohyun felt like she's still needed so she took another sip of the bitter fluid as she hoped to get used of the taste.

Seungwan chugged her third can of beer when she was finally talking to Joohyun. The latter put all her attention to the wretched girl and the wretched girl was finally parting her lips to form words.

"You're the only one available. Yerim won't understand and Seulgi's with someone..."

Joohyun still couldn't understand what's going on. Seungwan had told her twice that Yerim won't understand. Again, understand what exactly? Is she too young or something? But Yerim is only a year younger than Seungwan. And also, why won't she address someone as Sooyoung? Did that mean that Seulgi had told her being with Sooyoung? And why was Seulgi telling her Sooyoung needs her? Did something happen between Seungwan and Sooyoung? Why was it so complicated to understand?

As much as Joohyun wanted to know more about what's troubling Seungwan, she didn't want to make the latter feel worse. The latter couldn't look at her or even her way. Joohyun curled the corner of her lips to form a small smile as a response but it remained oblivious to Seungwan who was still gazing out the window.

Seungwan only looked at her when she was on her 5th can of beer only to excuse herself. As soon as the latter exit the room, Yerim walked in to pick up the crushed cans on the table and floor. Joohyun wanted to know if Yerim's aware so she tried asking the younger girl.

"Yerim? What happened to Seungwan?"

Yerim shrugged as she continued to clean up the table before pointing at Joohyun's can asking if she's drank all of it so she could throw it away. Joohyun shook her head. The can wasn't even half empty.

"Unnie, I think it's best if you ask her instead of me. Besides ,I don't really know why she's like that. She told me she's fine.Obviously she's lying."

Joohyun sighed before she smiled at the girl as she patted her back.

"Please take care of my unnie for me, Joohyun unnie."

Yerim gave Joohyun a meek smile before exiting the room.

 

 

 

Henry, Seungwan and Yerim's older cousin, walked in with another six packs of beer. He didn't say anything to Seungwan and just placed the packs on the table slowly then smiled at Joohyun and left. Joohyun admitted that Seungwan was drinking too much and she wanted to stop Seungwan from popping another tab open because she seemed a little tipsy. However, Joohyun thought that maybe that could help her forget about what happened to her. And maybe even open up about what really happened.

Joohyun's first beer was almost empty and Seungwan was on her 9th can of beer. Joohyun remained patient with the latter and the latter remained silent.

It was until Seungwan started to whimper and Joohyun quickly looked up to see the girl's tears falling from her eyes.

Joohyun didn't know what to do.Seungwan was just sobbing, huffing and puffing and it made Joohyun panick. She quickly grabbed the girls hands, caressed it but Seungwan still wouldn't say anything. Seungwan didn't seem like she wanted to open up and she just wanted to let all of the pain out by crying it away. It didn't seem to work.

Joohyun felt like she should do something because she knew she wasn't helping. Should she ask her things like

Are you okay?

What's wrong?

Don't cry...

But Joohyun thought it wouldn't help the wretched sobbing girl.

So Joohyun stood out of her chair and slowly walked towards the girl. She slowly wrapped her arms around the girl's shoulder, ushered her that it's going to be okay. Whispered sweet words in her ears how she'll always be there for her, how she's going to be alright. Joohyun tolerated how much Seungwan reeked of alcohol and soon, Seungwan was pulling her down to sit on her lap, to hugged her tighter and burried her face on Joohyun's neck.

Joohyun didn't protest, she let the girl muffle the sobs on her neck as she massaged the girl's hair gently.

Seungwan pulled away from the hug to get a better look of Joohyun before Seungwan quickly pulled the latter into a kiss. Their lips pressing against each other's. It wasn't like the gentle kiss Joohyun would get from Seulgi. It wasn't slow, rather, it was rough and hurried.

But Joohyun didn't pull away. Jooyhyun was returning the kiss and Seungwan only pushed her head so their lips could press harder and it gave Joohyun the opportunity to get a better taste of the girl's mouth.

It was a hurried kiss but Joohyun felt it happened so slowly and she felt herself completely drowned from the kiss. The deeper Seungwan got, the more Joohyun felt intoxicated of the girl's mouth. Seungwan tasted sweet despite the ammount of alcohol she had taken and Joohyun loved it. Joohyun was kissing back as hard.

Joohyun shouldn't have had taken advantage of the wretched drunk girl but she couldn't stop herself. She didn't even realize how her heart was racing so fast and how she couldn't think straight.

It didn't take long when Seungwan was ing Joohyun's shirt and Joohyun did not protest. She wanted the girl to undress her right at the moment, not minding the fact that Yerim and Henry were downstairs and Yerim could come in at any moment.\

Slowly, she felt her lust being fed. She anticipated to feel the cold air hit her chest but all she got was Seungwan's hand freezing at the 2nd button and their lips stopped ravishing each other's.

Seungwan passed out on her chest. And Joohyun felt ashamed at herself and the odd thing was that Joohyun felt satisfied.

She knew she shouldn't have kissed back. She knew she should have protested but she didn't. She hopes Seungwan doesn't remember everything because she's gonna get caught red handed. That's she's into girls after all.

Joohyun quickly buttoned her shirt up and fixed her messy hair. She gently lifted the girl's body to her bed and tucked her goodnight before she quickly rushed downstairs telling Yerim and Henry she has to go. Henry offered her a ride but she only insisted that she lives close by. That was lie. She lived an hour away from their house. She checked her phone and the time read 11:05pm.

 

 

 

Joohyun woke up to a text message from Seungwan.

Sender:Seungwan
Thank you so much for accompanying me last night. I feel better now :D.

Joohyun smiled at the message but she couldn't help but think about the kiss. She wondered if Seungwan remembers. She wondered if Seungwan meant the kiss or she was just too drunk. She wondered if she could do it again. If she could get to taste Seungwan's mouth again. She wondered if Seungwan could kiss her like that again but harder.

Rougher.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter