Habits

Playing Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi finds herself waking up on Seungwan’s arm. The latter's leg wrapped around her waist and face burried on her neck.

Seungwan really can’t sleep without cuddling, Seulgi thought. Seulgi finds it hard to get up in the morning because Seungwan's a light sleeper and she doesn't want her waking up from her sweet slumber.

It's not like she's complaining, in fact, she likes it when Seungwan gets this close to snuggle closer. It helps her sleep at night just pretending that Joohyun's cuddling with her. That it's Joohyun who's keeping her warm at night. But it's not and that is Seulgi's reality

Seulgi hadn't been getting a good sleep ever since Joohyun had stopped coming over to her house to sleep with her.

It's been hard for Seulgi to fall asleep when the familiar scent could only linger in her room instead of being around her arms. She wonders if Joohyun feels the same. She wonders if Joohyun misses her in the past two years even though they still see each other every day.

Seungwan has been helpful at keeping Seulgi's slumber at night when she'd sleep next to her instead of sleeping on her own bed.

Seungwan would gently wrap her arms around Seulgi and rest her chin on the crook of Seulgi's collarbone, sniffing her scent. Seulgi would like to think it's Joohyun so she closes her eyes until she falls asleep.

The imaginations help but Seungwan's scent would get in the way. Not that Seungwan smells unpleasant. It's just that she isn't Joohyun and so the familiar scent isn't there. But Seungwan's shampoo helps. It smells just like Joohyun. So Seulgi would kiss Seungwan's forehead, burrying her nose on the latter's hair to find the scent she had gotten used to.

Seungwan's not the type to engage skinships in the morning. Not the one to make the first move that is. Seungwan's not this gentle in the morning. She doesn't crave for a person around her arms. She doesn't pull her close just to cuddle. That's why when she first moved in with Seungwan, she was surprised when she felt warm arms wrapping around her waist and her back pressing against Seungwan's soft chest.

"I'm sorry if I'm being a bother. I can't sleep."

Seungwan murmured in her ears, warm breath hitting the back of her neck.

Seulgi turned around to face the girl. Her first time seeing Seungwan so shy and needy. This was the first time Seungwan had gotten so close to her. Seungwan smelled good. She smells fruity like a peach. Unlike Joohyun, flowery, like a hyacinth.

She pulled Seungwan closer to her, pressed her lips on the latter's forehead, finally had the chance to whiff the latter's shampoo that reminded her of Joohyun.

Seulgi didn't say anything. She didn't need to. The kiss was enough for Seungwan to understand that she's not being a bother at all.

"Hugging Yerim at night has become a habit."

Seulgi hummed, ushering Seungwan to continue.

"Yerim stopped sleeping next to me...My sister grew up. I guess I haven't?"

Seulgi chuckled at how similar they are. The only difference is that Seungwan's craving for warmth and she's searching for a familiar scent of hyacinth. So Seulgi thought that maybe they should fill up each other's needs even if they're not exactly who they want.

And so everynight, Seulgi always lets Seungwan slips under the same blanket to let their warmth and scent put them into much awaited slumber.

Seulgi pokes Seungwan's soft cheek before giving the girl's hair a whiff.

"Good morning ,Wan."

Seulgi lets her eyes disappear into a smile when she feels Seungwan groaning on her neck, tickling her a little bit.

Seung Wan rubs her eyes before looking up at the taller girl who is smiling at her.

", is it not Saturday?"

Seulgi grins at how Seungwan changes overnight. She pinches the latter's nose, trapping her between her arms tighter before Seungwan's muttering curses at her.

"No you , today's Friday."

Seungwan groans again, pulling herself out of Seulgi's arms. She pretends to grimace at how Seulgi's currently wrapping her legs around her tiny body like she's trying to wrestle her.

"Let go or you'll fail algebra 2."

With that, Seulgi lets go and Seungwan's pulling her arms away, the weak scent of hyacinth completely disappearing but the smell of peaches still lingering on her pillow, on her blanket, on her bed and on her body.

"Mind giving me back shorts?"

Seulgi pulls herself to sit up on her bed as Seungwan starts to pick up scattered clothes on the floor. They really need to start cleaning.

"Yes actually. And don't even complain or you'll fail physics."

Seulgi rolls her eyes as she clicks her tongue. Seungwan always takes advantage of how she helps Seulgi with her homework to get what she wants and sometimes it annoys Seulgi. Sometimes she'd just laugh it off. She has gotten used to it.

"By the way."

Seungwan's muffling behind the bathroom door as the latter brushes her teeth.

"Hm?"

"Up for a drink tonight?"

Ahh of course. It's friday night, Seungwan wants to be wasted again. Well not really wasted because Seungwan's a heavy drinker and she hasn't really gotten wasted-or drunk. Well she hasn't seen her. She doesn't know if Seungwan's good at pretending that she isn't affected by alcohol or she's just really good at taking alcohol. Seulgi on the other hand is bad at taking alcohol. Well atleast she doesn't feel nauseous like Yerim. She just passes out after a few drinks.

"Where?"

"The usual place. At Sooyoung's and Joohyun's"

 

 

 

Seulgi wouldn't have ended up snuggling with Seungwan if it wasn't because of Joohyun. The latter has asked her if she wanted to moved schools because they both agreed that their previous school was terrible. She asked Seulgi if she wanted to move to the all girls school that is 5 blocks away from the cafe. Seulgi wondered why out of all the schools around their area, she chose that school.

Not like Seulgi minded to go to an all girls school. In fact, she liked it better than regular schools because maybe she'd find someone that can make her forget how much she loves Joohyun. And besides, the school has a dormitory. Seulgi would love to try sharing a room with someone in which she has a chance to get to know people-girls that'd make her forget about how much she loves Joohyun.

 

 

 

{Two years ago}

"Seulgi-ah,  please?"

Joohyun really knew Seulgi's weakness. Again, how could she say no to a begging bunny who was looking up to her with big round orbs.

"But don't you have to pass their entrance exam to get into that school. It's pretty pricey too."

It's not like the cost of the expenses is something Seulgi should think about. Seulgi's from a wealthy family and she can afford almost anything. But it's not about her, it's Joohyun. Joohyun isn't poor or something.The school is just very expensive.It's a private school.Expensive uniforms are required,staying at the dormitory is mandatory for some dumb reasons and guess what? It's not free .Of course tuition fees are heavy for a regular person's pocket. But like Seulgi said before, entrance exams, which means scholarships.

"Don't worry, Seungwan said the entrance exam is a piece of cake."

Seulgi felt like face-palming when she heard the mention of Seungwan's name. Of course it has to be Seungwan why Joohyun wanted to be in that school. Can she really trust Joohyun's word of piece of cake becuase the last time she checked, she was not as smart as Bae and Son.

She wanted to reject the offer because she felt like going in the same school with Seungwan and Joohyun would be more painful to watch. But then again, Joohyun needs her.

Seulgi still felt hesitant to accept the offer but Joohyun looked happy and excited. Seulgi's not sure if it's because she's going to the same school with Seungwan or because she's expecting Seulgi to accept the offer.

"Is that so? Then yeah...I guess?"

Joohyun jutted her bottom lip as she furrowed her brows when noticed how Seulgi's scratching the back of her neck.

"What's wrong? Do you not... like the school?" 

Joohyun asked, reassuring Seulgi's decision. She doesn't want to pressure the latter into moving schools with her and Seungwan. She understands if Seulgi doesn't want to. The latter's room is so much bigger than the dormitory's room and she knew that skirts for uniform is not really Seulgi's style .Plus, Seulgi's uncomfortable around unfamiliar faces of girls.

"It's not that I don-....Would you still go if I don't go?"

Stupid Seulgi!Stupid !

Seulgi didn't mean to blurt that out and so she mentally cursed herself just like how she usually do when she blurts stupid things out.

"Yeah...I can't say no to Seungwan."

Jealousy was what Seulgi felt hard that she started to feel like she was losing balance. Only the ground kept her still. Seulgi couldn't respond. How else should she respond except by looking down on her sneakers with a hint of bloodstains.

So Seungwan asked her to go to the school. Did that mean that something's going on between Joohyun and Seungwan? But it's impossible right? oohyun told Seungwan she's not into girls afterall. Seulgi was overthinking.

"Seungwan would love it if the three of us can go to the same school. She asked me to ask you. Then it would be better if Yerim and Sooyoung could go there too next school year during their freshmen years."

Seulgi didn't notice the sigh of relief that escaped her lips. She thought Seungwan had only asked Joohyun. She really was overthinking.Why would Seungwan only ask Joohyun by the way? It wasn't like she likes Joohyun right? Because Seungwan likes someone else,right?"

"Well I guess I can't say no to that either."

Seulgi sheepishly said before she found herself being pulled down for a hug with Joohyun being too jumpy and too giddy for a 17 years old. And at that moment, Seulgi would like to think they're still together with the way Joohyun hugged her just like how she used to before that night.

"Seulgi-ah, thank you so much."

Joohyun took a step back to thank Seulgi. Seulgi took this chance to tease Joohyun and the latter remained oblivious at the smirk forming at the corner of her lips.

"Not even an I love you or maybe a kiss?"

Before Seulgi realized,Joohyun has already punched her stomach and she groaned in pain making the latter laugh at her reaction. For a small woman, Joohyun really was strong.

"So, how about we take the exam on Wednesday?"

Seulgi stopped being overdramatic at the meek pain still felt on her stomach and let her eyes disappear into a smile.

"Sounds great to me."

 

 

 

As Seulgi expected,Joohyun got the full scholarship,and so did Seungwan. Seulgi would like to thank her previous school for being part of the track and field. It did help her a lot even after failing the entrance exam. Money talks aside, Seulgi would rather get scholarship through her hardwork rather than her family's wealth.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter