She's Lucky but she's a Fool

Playing Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Something has changed.

That's what Seungwan thinks.

Seulgi's acting different the couple days around her and it's getting her worried. Seulgi has had a different vibe ever since after the winter break. When she gets to their dorm, Seulgi is already there, lying on her bed. Seungwan has always been the first to come back from break but not this time. She doesn't think it was odd. Seulgi must be tired, she thought.

When the girl wakes up, she greets her with a huge smile but Seulgi just nods, looking away frrom her. Seulgi doesn't smile back and she starts to look around the room like she's searching for something. Seungwan doesn't ask though, scared that Seulgi must be in bad mood which would make more sense of why she isn't talking

And then Seulgi's getting up from her bed like she's in a rush. The latter picks up her padded jacket lying on the floor and doesn't say anything even before leaving. Seulgi has got something to say when she's got somewhere to go. Seungwan tries not to overthink.

Seulgi doesn't come back until 7 pm and when she does she quickly hops inside the shower still not saying anything to her. Seungwan ignores the pain in her chest so she only distracts herself by folding her clothes.

When Seulgi comes out of the shower, she quickly dries her hair before she starts organizing her stuffs aswell. She sits there at the opposite side of the room and Seungwan hopes Seulgi would ask for her help. She always help Seulgi get organized. Much to her dismay, the latter doesn't.

Until unexpectedly, Seulgi's the one breaking the silence by calling her name. Seungwan didn't expect herself to freeze. Maybe it's because of the relief. Or maybe she's just nervous.

"You know, Seungwan? The person you like is so lucky. She has someone who likes her. Most especially, Son Seungwan likes her."

Seungwan stiffens and she tries to not catch the eye contact Seulgi is giving her. And then it hits her. Seulgi hasn't realized her feelings yet.Seulgi hasn't realized that the lucky girl is her. Kang Seulgi is the lucky girl that Son Seungwan likes. No.Seungwan loves her. How could she not love someone like Seulgi.

Confession

Confession is what's urging Seungwan right now. She wants to tell Seulgi and it pains her so much that Seulgi's crying.

What's wrong Seulgi?

She wants to tell Seulgi the truth. Her feelings. But Seulgi is faster to stop her from doing so because the latter starts talking about someone that isn't her.

"I love someone too. But I know she doesn't love me.She doesn't even show me any affection."

Seungwan keeps mum for a second because if she talks, she's gonna crack her voice from the pang felt in her chest. She thought she has shown Seulgi enough affection for her to realize but turns out her feelings remained oblivious and that Seulgi is looking for a different affection that aren't hers. How stupid could she be thinking that Seulgi would like her back.

It takes Seungwan a little more time to finally respond to Seulgi and she doesn't expect it to be hypocritical because as she responds, she finds herself ashamed that she can't give advice she she can not even follow.

"Maybe you should tell her."

"I did. But she likes someone else."

Seulgi stops to look at her with tears in her eyes but a smile on her lips which Seungwan tries to fathom.

She really has no place for Seulgi's heart.

Seungwan tries not to tear up because she knows it'll not help their situation. She can't have them both crying.

"Then I'll confess to that lucky girl, too. And I'll make her the happiest person in the world even if she doesn't love me back. And I hope she doesn't cry if ever she's crying right now."

She tries to make it sound as obvious as it can because she can't directly confess yet. Not when Seulgi has a lot of things to think deal with. She doesn't want to add on Seulgi's burden. She's willing to wait. Not now. On the right time.

Seulgi hates herself for blurting out things. Most of all, she regrets crying in front of Seungwan. But Seulgi thought it'll help her move on if she tries to open up about the long lasting agony she's been feeling. And most importantly, she's found out that Seungwan'll make Joohyun happy. And that's enough. Now all she have to do is distance herself from Seungwan. This time for real. Again, to stop hurting.

Seungwan tries harder to drop more hints that night. As usual, she slips under Seulgi's sheet. The latter's back is facing her and so she wraps her arms around Seulgi's waist. But Seulgi won't face her. She remains in that position until she feels her stiffening under her touch.

Seulgi is awake.

Why won't she respond like how she used to. Something really is wrong. So Seungwan hugs Seulgi tighter despite the fact that she's being rejected.

Seungwan falls asleep spooning Seulgi.

The next morning, Seungwan wakes up to an empty side of bed realizing Seulgi woke up before her and left. This time without a note.

Seulgi doesn't ask her for help with their homeworks. Seulgi doesn't talk at all nor crack a smile. So she doesn't sleep next to her that night. She notices how Seulgi would go to bed earlier than usual to wake up early. To wake up earlier than her. To avoid her.

The cycle goes on for a week until it turns into months. The comfortable silence has turned into an awkward one. Both has gotten used to sleeping next to an empty space. Or in more honest words, only one of them has gotten used to sleeping next to an empty space and it's not Seungwan..

It has affected her because she always find herself distracted in everything she does. In class, around their friends, and even in her sleep. But she isn't mad. She's way too hurt to be one.

It hurts even more when she notices how Seulgi is hanging out with Joohyun more the couple months instead of her. Of course she does not fail to notice how Seulgi would laugh the way she never did around her. Or more like, not anymore. It's scary to think that Seulgi is the same person when she's around their friends and when she's around her when they are alone. It's like she's a different person. And she wishes her Seulgi to return. The Seulgi under the sheets to join her lonely nights.

Park Sooyoung has noticed everything. From the way Seungwan's expression changes when Seulgi's around to the way Seungwan looks like tearing up when Seulgi's laughing around them. She doesn't want to ask what happened though,she just wants to know how Seungwan is doing even though it's pretty obvious that Seungwan isn't fine and she will never be unless Seulgi stops being an for whatever reason.

Sooyoung asks Seungwan why she likes Seulgi and Seungwan is startled by the question. She doesn't recall telling anyone about her feelings for Seulgi.

"It's pretty obvious, you know. Even before you realized you like her, I knew already. You're so obvious."

As she expected, Seungwan remains silent. Too tired to talk because she's been talking nonstop around them. She's been talking alot these couple weeks and Sooyoung assumes it's because she's got no one to talk to in her dorm because like she said, Seulgi's being an .

"Anyway,how's Seungwan? I welcomed her back but she left too soon."

"What?"

Seungwan asks, confused.

"Just when you finally moved on, you found another reason to transform into another Seungwan. Where's that Seungwan from two years ago? That Seungwan I was just talking to from the rooftop?"

Seungwan is chuckling. It's kinda funny how Sooyoung is right but at the same time, it's sad to think that she's not okay again.

"I don't know. Just when I thought Seulgi and I were doing fine, she's avoiding me now for whatever reason."

"Ah... Why like her?"

Seungwan thinks for a second. Sooyoung's question has her baffled for some reasons.

"I-i .... It's because Seulgi's... I don't know. She makes me feel things I don't understand."

"That's fine. You don't need to tell me. I know you really like her. More than you ever liked me."

Sooyoung smiles at Seungwan and she hugs her. She knows the latter needs it. She knows it.

"I knew that. You're an open book after all. And so are the others."

Seungwan smiles though she didn't really understand what the last sentence meant but she thanks Sooyoung regardless.

"Hey. I'm not really sure why Seulgi's acting like that, although I might have an idea, but you'll figure it out. It'll work out. Maybe not right now but trust me. It will work out for you and everyone of us. It might hurt but it will pass. Everything will be okay at the end of the day."

And Sooyoung leaves. Seungwan tries to process the latter's word but she doesn't quiet understand what it was supposed to mean but she trust Sooyoung. Sooyoung is right. Everything will be alright. Or that's what she pretends to believe.

 

 

 

Seulgi can see the jealousy in Seungwan's eyes when she's with Joohyun. It's not like she's making the girl jealous on purpose. She's just helping the girl because Joohyun needs her. That's what the latter told her.

Seulgi knows how Joohyun is struggling to decide when and how to confess but that's what she's there for .To help.She has also grown to believe that helping Joohyun would help her. That in that way she can teach her heart that moving on isn't that hard when you know the person you can't let go of is not into you. That knowing the painful truth will open your eyes.

As much as ignoring Seungwan has gotten easier for her, she can't help but notice the way the latter would look her way and Joohyun. Of course it's hurting Seungwan but at the end of the way, the latter will thank her. She's helping her get what she wants which is Joohyun. She's just trying to help Joohyun and Seungwan get together just like how they both want things to be.

She already knows Seungwan will confess and by that time she has to make sure Joohyun is ready.She has to make sure Joohyun knows the answer to Seungwan's questions. Questions that Joohyun can't answer yet but maybe she will if it's Seungwan asking her. By that time, Seulgi should be able to move on. She should be able to let go of her feelings for Joohyun. Be able to stop loving Joohyun because she's already accepted the fact that they're not for each other.

And by that time, Seulgi should be able to stop herself from avoiding Seungwan. She should be able to bring back how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter