Beers and Affections

Playing Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Excuse us."

When the two youngest has stepped out for some talk, Joohyun takes a quick glance at Seungwan before the deafening silence filled the room.

Joohyun noticed how Seungwan's expression dropped at the mention of the cause of her drinkining habits. She already had the assumption that Sooyoung has something to do with it but she's not quiet sure if she's the reason why Seungwan started taking heavy alcohol whenever she can-wants to.

But during the moment, Joohyun thought maybe Sooyoung might be the reason why, because Yerim wouldn't have shifted her mood that quick when the tallest started blurting out jokes she shouldn't have. She also observed how tight Yerim was gripping around Sooyoung's wrist and all she could wonder was how bad did Sooyoung cause to Seungwan? How bad was it that they still can't talk to each other comfortably even after two years .Maybe times doesn't really heal?Or maybe it does, Joohyun thinks. Because Joohyun believes that she and Seulgi has moved on. If they haven't, then they wouldn't be able to talk comfortably, right?

Of course Joohyun had always wanted to know what exactly happened but she felt like she shouldn't interfere with their business. And she didn't want to add more to Seungwan's misery especially when she started to look like she's back from two years ago with the same face when she started her drinking habits again and when she kissed her...

She takes another quick glance at Seungwan and Seulgi's rubbing her back as to comfort the redhead. She wonders if Seungwan had told her already. They've gotten closer ever since they shared a room together which Joohyun noticed. And sometimes she can't help but to get jealous and wish that she's Seulgi so she gets to sleep in the same room with Seungwan every night.

Another quick glance and she sits between the juniors so she can do the same comforting Seulgi had done to Seungwan. Joohyun rubs Seungwan's back and she feels her heart race just by touching the girl.

Seungwan doesn't respond to her touches though. The latter is too occupied with thoughts she shouldn't be thinking right now because she should be forgetting them. She's too well aware that beers and Sooyoung doesn't go well together but why? Why does she choose to hurt so much just to see the girl? Seungwan would like to think that she's a masochist who enjoys hurting so much just by looking at the person who rejected her as she chugs beer.

Seungwan has gotten used to the tangy taste of alcohol burning her tongue that she's gotten so good at handling alcohol. She shouldn't be proud of it but it's Sooyoung who's making her come back for more. She likes gazing at the girl as she chugged the beer with painful memories and only be reminded with memories before she confessed. Memories so sweet she would've held so much dearly if she hadn't confessed. She's lost all of it now and she can never replace it. No one can ever replace Sooyoung.

The longer she stays unintoxicated, the longer she gets to dream of the sweet memories of Sooyoung. A dream she would never ever want to wake up to because whenever the dream ends, all she can remember is the unwanted pang of headache and bitter memories of rejection when reality has chosen to snatch her back.

She's not mad at Sooyoung, she wasn't just prepared to be abruptly brought back to reality by her biggest regret (confession) when she was already daydreaming with every chug. She just hoped Sooyoung and Yerim gets back quick so she can go back to it.

Seulgi flinches when Joohyun sat between them only to get the feel of Seungwan's back with her touches. Sometimes she can't help but feel anger towards the older for being so insensitive. She's still head over heels for her yet she won't notice. She tries her best to be affectionate to Joohyun from the way she looks at her with a smile like she's the only person she needs, to the way she holds her like she's the only person that matters. Joohyun really is cruel.

The entire time, no one dares to break the deafening silence so Joohyun only lifts her beer to make the situation a little less awkward. For Seungwan atleast. Joohyun sips her beer and Seulgi does the same. Seungwan lifts her head and smiles at both of her friends before she gulps down her beer. She can't chug yet. Sooyoung isn't there yet.

By the time Yerim and Sooyoung opens the door, the silence dissipates. Joohyun attempts to fathom the expression on Sooyoung's face to make sense of the situation before she shifts her attention to Yerim.

So Yerim does understand now

But why can't she? Maybe it's a sign that she should just not in and mind so much about it. Maybe she should just stay in her lane of the fact that Seungwan kissed her out of... what exactly?

Seungwan begins to chug her beer when Sooyoung's in the circle to get back at her much awaited daydream before Yerim's trying to distract everyone from what just  happened by telling another one of the rumors she heard from her nosy classmates. Seulgi doesn't hear it, she's trying to forget the way Joohyun touched Seungwan until everyone's laughing already and she tries to laugh along just so she wouldn't be too obvious, if she's being one. So she looks at the girl sitting next to her and she feels better again.

 

 

 

Seungwan momentarily gazes at Sooyoung whenever she's not looking because she's either too busy bantering with Yerim or too occupied tasting the beer on her tongue.

It's doesn't stay unnoticed by Sooyoung though. She wants to return the gazes but she thinks it's better if she pretends and act like she doesn't know. Pretends that she's not affected. That she's not bothered at all. Maybe it would help.So she keeps herself and Yerim busy with their nonsense bantering.

Seungwan doesn't mind at all. The momentarily gazes that she steals are enough to fill her needs. And Yerim knows that. That's why when Sooyoung gets very touchy and close to her, she hesitates to respond when she sees her sister looking at Sooyoung in her peripheral view. But Sooyoung seems to be more greedy for attention as she consumes more alcohol so Yerim just goes along when she notices her sister's stable expression which was a sign of Seungwan daydreaming.

Joohyun's watching over Sooyoung because sooner or later, she's going to start sobbing. She can't help but to smile at the two. She thinks they look cute when they just banter instead of bicker. Joohyun inwardly laughs when she sees Sooyoung side-eyeing her when she gets a little too loud and so she starts to suppress her noises and tells Yerim to hush even though the latter is just quietly snacking and sipping her 7th bottle of banana milk.

Suddenly Joohyun feels her crossed legs get heavier like something has fallen on it. So she looks down and there she sees Seulgi, snoring on her lap, knocked out by the alcohol she has consumed. She giggles at the sight of Seulgi's mouth partly opened like a child waiting to be fed while she snores loudly.

"That unnie is already down!!! What a no-fun!"

Sooyoung whines aloud which interrupts Seungwan's daydream and is back to the present again. She looks at the girl sitting next to her and smiles at her when she sees Seulgi snoring on the senior's lap. Joohyun's heart rate skyrockets at the sight of the redhead smiling at her and she holds her breath before she could even make a unnecessary noises she wouldn't want anyone to hear right now.

Just then, as everyone expected, Sooyoung begins to sob on the floor, rolling like a wet dog.

"Alright. Let's call it a night."

Joohyun decides to end the drinking session that didn't go too well for all of them. And when the latter has ended their drabby night, Seungwan knows her daydream is over and she'll have to wait for another night where their time are all vacant where they can all come so it wouldn't be obvious that her purpose for coming is Sooyung. Another night that could end unknowingly because of shortcomings and unexpected events.

Yerim helps Joohyun carry the sobbing giant to her bed. No one knows why Sooyoung gets emotional. Even Sooyoung herself has no idea why but she knows she cried the other night when she wakes up with swollen puffy eyes.

When Joohyun starts to pick up the crushed cans on the floor, Seungwan ushers Yerim to help her carry the snoring girl on Joohyun's bed. Yerim offers her lap as a pillow for the snoring girl and Seungwan smiles before gently helping her sister to have Seulgi on her lap. 

Seungwan quickly helps the oldest clean and Joohyun was startled when the Seungwan was suddenly so close to her, the proximity making her intoxicated at the smell of alcohol Seungwan is releasing to air. It only triggers inconvinient memories at the moment because it makes her wanna pull the girl in for a kiss that she's been craving for years but won't still be granted by the slowly running time.

She tries to distance herself a little further so she won't make a stupid move she'd regret if ever Seungwan unknowingly drives her crazy anytime with the way she breathe with parted. She wants to taste the sweet flavor of Seungwan despite the reek of alcohol she can smell from her breath.

And Seungwan is smiling at her which doesn't help her situation because she's starting to release unwanted heavy breaths. But Seungwan doesn't seem to notice what she does to Joohyun when she proceeds to tap her lips as she looks worriedly at them-at her.

"Does it hurt? Want me to grab the first aid kit? Want me to clean that"

Joohyun didn't even realize she was biting her lips so hard it started to bleed. That's why Seungwan looks so concerned and it doesn't help. She's not even moving arounndnd yet she's panting. Her eye contact is unstable because where is she supposed to look? Definitely not at Seungwan for she could really kiss her anytime because she still won't stop looking at her and caressing her lips like that.

"No it's fine, Seungwan."

It's hard not to crack her voice when she holds her breath and pants at the same time. It's almost like Seungwan is killing her slowly but she's dying happily. If kissing Seungwan means dying, then she'd rather die than have to resist herself from touching the heaven-sent girl.

Jooyun's hand quivers when she reaches Seungwan's fingers on her lips. Somehow,Seungwan doesn't notice how the latter's hand quivers when Joohyun caresses her finger on her lips. It's because her eyes never left the latter's bleedi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter