Because Everything's a Big Deal

Playing Pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guess who's back?Damn I know.I was gone for like a month.I have so much stuffs to do because school's almost out and I need good grades (lol).And I'm in dance club I need to learn a choreo but I'm procrastinating...a lot.Anyways,here you go.Another chapter to mess with your heads.

Thank you for commenting,upvoting,and subscribing.It makes me feel happy :).

 

Seulgi thinks it's odd that she has been catching Yerim starring at her eyes the past weeks. Not only that but the youngest has always looked so puzzled like she's lost in thoughts so she would lightly shake Yerim to bring her back to reality. The latter would just apologize and Seulgi found herself asking why? Why is Yerim apologizing?It's not like Seulgi minds when Yerim would look at her in the eyes at random times or maybe even out of the blue.

And right at the moment, Seulgi can feel Yerim starring at her again as she sits with Seungwan, Joohyun,and Sooyoung who are too busy chitchatting to even notice. Seulgi lets her be. She lets Yerim get lost in her thoughts as she busy herself from finishing her food. Seulgi needs it for her game. Winter Sportsfest is being held right at the moment and all five of them are playing a part in it.

Seulgi is her class representive for track and field. It's expected being in the varsity. It's one of the things Seulgi is confident in besides her artistic ability and dancing skills. Seulgi is active just like Sooyoung but Sooyoung tends to slack often in everything-which explains why Sooyoung's failing all of her classes. It's still surprising how Sooyoung passed the entrance exam.

Seulgi takes the chance to lift her head up to glance at Yerim before she gives her a toothy smile. Yerim hesitates to return the smile and Seulgi quickly goes back to finishing her food before Yerim can even respond back, regretting afterwards for seeming too distracted.

Seulgi can't help but wonder why Yerim is being odd. Sure,she doesn't mind but everytime Yerim looks at her straight in the eyes, it almost seems like Yerim's untangling something from her depths. It almost seems like Yerim's trying to solve her like puzzle pieces. Seulgi may not be very bright but she knows when people tries to read her. It's nothing new.She has noticed how people have always tried looking at her directly in the eyes as if they'd easily access what she's hiding. They were wrong. Maybe sometimes she comes out easy to read because her eyes gets tired too. Sometimes they'd just give out hints she never wanted to reveal.

"Unnie?"

Seungwan calls when the purple color is evident on Joohyun's face, catching the munching bear's attention.

Joohyun seems unable to respond because as she opens for a response, she starts to choke on air and Seulgi starts panicking so she tkaes her spoonful inside one last time before hurriedly shifting to where Joohyun is and starts to pat her back.

"What's wrong?"

Seungwan manages to ask calmly mirroring the actions of her roommate as Joohyun continuesly gasp for air everytime she coughs.

"Hyun-ah?"

The nickname slips off Seulgi's mouth but she is too worried to even care at the moment because Joohyun looks terrible. The latter has grabbed onto Seulgi's arm like she's not letting go anytime soon and it makes Seulgi's heart break a little because she knows this is just one of the rare time Joohyun would hold her like this.

Seulgi stops the familiar pang felt in her chest from getting in the way of saving the choking girl. Yerim and Sooyoung eyes each other, unsure of what to do and for the most part also scared because of the color painting Joohyun's face.

"Unnie!"

Seungwan exclaims when Joohyun starts to gag, gripping harder onto Seulgi's arm before letting go to cover to prevent spewing the vomit out.

"The infirmary!! Carry her to the infirmary!" 

Yerim suggested only for Joohyun to run out of the cafeteria diverting everyone's attention when Seulgi started kicking the bins out of her way to chase Joohyun and Seungwan yelling out Joohyun's name.

Before the two sophomores follow the three eldest, Sooyoung takes a quick look back when she realizes how much attention they've attracted and the weird expressions on people's faces of their judgemental look like they know everything that's going on.

"What the are ya'll looking at?!"

She yells and rolls her eyes before grabbing Yerim's wrist and running to where the other three are going.

Seulgi doesn't know why Joohyun run away and why did she even run away in the first place and how she's running so fast when she's not that physically active.

This worries Seulgi especially when she sees Joohyun head to the restroom, barging in one of the stalls and dropping on the floor before she starts to vomit. Seulgi is quick to sit on the dirty floor and pats Joohyun's back to comfort the older girl. Hoping she's helping at all.

"Hyun..."

Seulgi cracks her voice out of concern when Joohyun doesn't stop spewing out vomits and she began to tear up when Joohyun's gripping hard onto her arms again.

Luckily, the purple color on Joohyun's face has started to dissipate but Seulgi's still concerned at how droopy the later's eyes are.

"Seul..."

Joohyun meekly calls, eyes half closed, hairs covering most of her face that Seulgi tucks behind the latter's ears. Seulgi has no idea what's happening right now and is confused why Joohyun is like this. All Seulgi knows is that Joohyun needs her right now but she doesn't know how to help so she caresses the girl's back and her other hand cupping the girl's face.

"Joohyun unnie!!" 

Seungwan yells out when she reaches the bathroom, panting.Joohyun's head slowly falls on Seulgi's chest. Seulgi panicks when she realizes that Joohyun has passed out.

Seungwan quickly runs to them giving Seulgi the same panick look as she wipes Joohyun's sweat on her forehead that Seulgi didn't even notice.

Seulgi notices the heavy breathes Seungwan takes before the latter kneels down just next to her,supporting Joohyun's head on Seulgi's chest.

"Where's Yerim and Sooyoung?"

Seulgi asks just to make sure the two are atleast concerned even the fact that they chickened out when Joohyun started acting sick.

"Told them to go back to the cafeteria and clean the mess we made."

Seulgi nods once before Seungwan's tapping on her ankles.

"Seulgi you're bleeding!"

Seulgi didn't even know until Seungwan had told her and that's when she only feels the stinging pain.

"I know you're worried and all but atleast be careful."

There is a concerned tone in Seungwan's voice that makes Seulgi calm down a bit because she didn't even notice she was panicking so much that she hit her ankles and she doesn't even know where.

"Seul, stop spacing out and help me carry unnie to the infirmary!"

Seulgi shakes her head to shake herself back to reality and the redhead helps her lift the passed out girl.

As Joohyun's getting supported by the redhead she quickly turns her back and bend her knees down as to gesture Seungwan to help her carry Joohyun on her back.

"Seul, you sure?"

Seulgi is still in the same position, arms stretched to her behind patiently waiting for Seungwan to get the girl on her back.

"Yes. Now help me get her on my back."

"But your knees..."

Seungwan would've offered to carry the girl but she knows she's not as physically strong as Seulgi.

"I'm fine, Wan. Just get her on me."

And so Seungwan does. She assists Seulgi to have Joohyun on her back. She does it quick realizing they've been moving in a slow pace. She got too concerned over Seulgi's ankles. They're putting Joohyun in more danger than she already is.

Seulgi gently lifts the girl on her back. And Seulgi notices how light Joohyun is .Lighter than she ever used to.

Once Seulgi has Joohyun resting comfortably on her back with her face resting on her neck, she holds tightly and gently onto Joohyun's legs before running as fast as she can.

Seungwan helps with supporting Joohyun's back until they've reached the infirmary. Seungwan quickly searches the whole infirmary for the school nurse as Seulgi settles the girl on the white sheets,still panicking at how Joohyun's been sweating.

"Where the ?!"

Seungwan didn't mean to sound so frustrated. She didn't mean to yell when the school nurse doesn't seem to be anywhere. Seriously. The nurse was never around!

"What?"

"There's no damn nurse!"

Seungwan almost sounds like growling and Seulgi flinches at how loud Seungwan's voice resonates the room. Seungwan is mad. That's for sure, Seulgi thought. Seulgi's panick for Joohyun's state is turned into a worry as she knaws her cheek, watching the redhead comb her hair with her hand,eyes closed with restricted heavy breathes.

"Wan, calm down."

Is all Seulgi can say at the still eyes shut redhead standing still as she bit her bottom lips to calm herself down. But it doesn't seem to work because she starts to feel her face heat up even more and her blood pumping faster in her veins.

"Goddamnit Seul I can't!"

Seulgi slightly scrunches her eyebrows at how Seungwan's acting right at the moment.Could it be she likes Joohyun too? But Seulgi is quick to shake her head as if the thought didn't cross her mind and tries to understand the reason for Seungwan's rage.

"Can you tell me why?"

Seulgi's racing of heart is unexpected as the question slips out of .She hopes Seungwan doesn't misunderstand (if there's anything to be misunderstood about but who knows?) because she could've worded that out differently.

The smaller girl wets her drying lips, pering her tracksuit all the way down to cool down her body until her black tank top is visible. She needs a damn water because her blood's been boiling ever since she's got the hint of what's happening. Of why Joohyun suddenly felt sick and all this mess that's happening.

"How can I calm down when that little is getting you and the rest involved in our mess!?"

The confucion in Seulgi's face can be traced. She looks back at Joohyun as if to figure out what the redhead's saying. None. She's got no clue.

"Your mess?"

And before Seungwan can even answer, Sooyoung and Yerim slightly barge inside the room, uncertainty painting Yerim's face.

"Guess who's the scumbag?"

Sooyoung spits, slumping on the closest chair.

"What?!"

Seungwan retorded ,eyebrows scrunched completely forgetting the awkward mess she should be when talking to Sooyoung. Right. They're talking. Now they're talking but at the wrong time and wrong place because first; Yerim and Seulgi could hear them and second; she's vexed and not in the straight mind to respond normally.

It's not like Sooyoung's not aware that they're talking at an ungodly hour. She's well aware that Seungwan's mad which is why she's taking advantage of it. Maybe because she knows she's gonna get her to talk confidently and it seems to be working because Seungwan's not even breaking an eye contact as she wait for an answer. She's glaring at her and Sooyoung knows she shouldn't feel happy because it's still situation mess.

Yerim stands at the corner of the room, distant from the others, disappointed at herself for not being able to convince Sooyoung to shut up about finding out who. But Sooyoung won't listen-she never does. She silently observe her sister, sensing the raging emotions inide her as she's impatiently waiting for Sooyoung's response at her retortion.

Yerim is not pleased at the tiny bit of smirk lingering on the corner of Sooyoung's lips as if the feeling of victor's that much of a deal for her.

Sooyoung throws the object on the floor carelessly from her pockets.

"Kim Jisoo."

She utters as if to taste the distateful name on her tongue as she reads the thrown I.D. on the floor.

"Guess who was at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter