Chapter 7 : HIDEOUT

ACID ft. ALKALINE [HIATUS]

Taeyeon can’t sleep well as he was worried about what will happen if his friends know about his marriage. Fortunately, his home was not visited by them.

“Maybe they’ll come tomorrow night or other night. Ugh..” Taeyeon talk to himself while lying on the bed waiting to fell asleep.

While Tiffany in the other room also think about the same thing. She was thinking whether she needs to go out when his friends coming? Or maybe just reveal it?

With that, both of them fell asleep while thinking about their friends.

--

THE NEXT MORNING

As usual, Tiffany got up late from her husband. After she awake, Taeyeon had gone to work. This time, no breakfast has been prepared for her. In fact, Taeyeon is actually late to work.

Walking towards the kitchen with half consciousness, Tiffany continued to reach the cup and filled it with water. She wiped with the water. She then thought for a moment on what she should do today.

Since Tiffany going to have event in 1 day, she need to pack her things. So, she pack her thing first before anything else. Before this, her maid will do it for her but since Taeyeon got no maid, she have to do it herself.

Few hours packing or you can say she’s making a mess in her room, Tiffany finished pack her things. Looking at her messy room, she sigh. She’s too lazy too clear everything now. Let out a smirk to herself, Tiffany then get out from the house.

Tiffany set a time with her best friends, of course Jessica and Yuri. Tiffany didn’t get close with anyone accept both of the person. Tiffany didn’t have many friends since her father restrict her from mix randomly and even put her in private school. Therefore, it is more likely to mingle with upper class children than children from ordinary family.

--

WHILE MORNING AT SEOUL CENTER HOSPITAL

A noise can be heard as Sooyoung walk into the main entrance. He look at the front counter and saw few residents and doctors were talk among them and he notice a girl smiling widely. Seems like they just greet Yoona and they were some residents didn’t get to see Yoona yesterday. Sooyoung then approach them.

“Yo! Good morning yo!” greet them with his full energy, Sooyoung interrupt their conversation by talking about their plan to celebrate Yoona and Sunny comeback at Taeyeon’s house.

“Oh Sooyoung oppa! Good morning!” Yoona respond to Sooyoung while

“Morning Yoona yah!”

“Looking hype up today oppa? Something good happen?” Yoona smirk.

Sooyoung laugh upon Yoona’s question. “What? Its nothing Yoona-yah. I got to eat a big breakfast today. Hahaha!”

Yoona didn’t find anything fishy in Sooyoung’s answer as she knows her oppa always have a big appetite. He’s truly a shikshin. Both of them then continue to talk about their plan on going to Taeyeon’s house while walk along the pathway.

--

ON THE OTHER SIDE

Tiffany had promise with Jessica to go shopping with her and also meet with a fashion designer who will let Tiffany wear his design to Busan Fashion Week which will be held in 2 days. So, she will collect and bring it with her to Busan trip tomorrow.

“Yah, where is Yuri?” Tiffany ask Jessica as she didn’t see Yuri at all from their meeting earlier.

“I don’t know. I don’t care.” Jessica answer flat.

This tone. Tiffany knows this flat tone. “Jess… what happen? Did you guys fight?”

Jessica stop walking. She turn to Tiffany. “It his fault, Tiff. Not me.”

Tiffany shakes her head. She already know this couple well. “Don’t tell me you saw him with other girl again?”

Tiffany hit the bull’s-eyes. Jessica nods and after that tell her everything.

“Ugh, I hate him.” Jessica finish her story telling session with puppy eyes.

Tiffany comfort Jessica by wrap her hands around Jessica’s shoulder. “Oh come on Jess, you know him right? He won’t do that to you, I’m sure he just being friendly.”

Jessica still keep silent, didn’t say anything about it. “I don’t want to think about it.”

Tiffany pat her forehead and shakes her head after that. Didn’t take that as a serious matter, Tiffany then just drag Jessica around and tries to make her forget about it by going to her favourite shops.

While they were walking, Tiffany suddenly remember something. She told Jessica about the suspicious man who she saw around the residential and also following Taeyeon and her yesterday. Not to forget, she showed the messages she received from unknown number for the past few days. Jessica who were surprised to hear that ask Tiffany to take an action about it.

“Have you tell your husband about this?” Jessica said while showed the messages.

Tiffany shakes her head. “He only knows about the man that follow us yesterday but not those messages.”

“Yah don’t you think its dangerous too?”

“I don’t know Jess. It maybe from sasaeng fans or anything. You know right…” Tiffany didn’t want to think any negative things.

Jessica nods. Yes, she aware about stalkers, fanatic fans and even sasaengs. They were a part of their life as celebrity, but this matter can consider as a harm to her. Jessica let a sigh. “I think it’s the same person. Tiff, you got someone to protect you now, better tell him before it’s too late.” Tiffany keep silent after that and Jessica continue to talk about it also a safety precaution can be taken. As they were talking, Tiffany’s phone suddenly ringing. Both of them look at each other and then stare at her phone.

“Pick it up, what are you waiting for?” Jessica voice out when she saw Taeyeon’s name on the screen. “He probably want to check on you.”

“I don’t think so.” Tiffany answer flatly.

“Yah pick it up, it’s getting annoying seriously!” Jessica slap Tiffany’s shoulder and hand her the phone.

Tiffany flinch upon it and groan in pain. “Auch Jess! Fine I’ll answer it!”

Tiffany then grab the phone from Jessica’s hand and answer the ringing phone.

--

“Hello?” Tiffany greet him.

Taeyeon on the other line cough to fix his voice. “Hello, Fany?”

“Yes what?” Tiffany sound so flat and get a glare from Jessica for answer like that.

Taeyeon quiet for a while. Thinking whether he should ask the question or not. He’s been battling with himself about calling her earlier but end up calling her because of his curiosity.

“Taeyeon? Hello?” Tiffany calls his name after didn’t hear anything from him.

Taeyeon awake from his silence. “Huh? Ah yes I’m here. Sorry.”

“Why did you call me?” She shoot him with that question again.

“Um, I-i just want to check on you. Is that guy still there? I already ask the security guards to alert about him though.” Taeyeon finally explain his reason for calling her while wiping his sweat on his forehead.

Taeyeon talk to the security guards once again before he goes to work today. Since he never be in this kind of situation before, so he put extra caution with it. No matter how bad his terms with Tiffany, he still worry about letting her live alone while they didn’t know the intention of that suspicious guy is.

“What? You did?” Tiffany surprised on what she heard just now.

“Yy-yeah.” Taeyeon answer her sincerely.

As much as her inner want to thanked him, her ego smash it. “I’m fine. I’m with Jess right now. See you, bye.” With that, Tiffany ends the call and said to the blonde, “Happy?” while glare at her.

Jessica shakes her head. “Ugh I don’t know you can be this cold. You’re colder than me!”

Tiffany pretend not to hear it and just walk quickly to the front, leaving Jessica behind. “Yah!” Jessica call for her.

As soon she manage to walk beside Tiffany again, Jessica open . “I think your husband treat you better than Chul Woo did before. Well, he is so far. Don’t you think Tiff?” Jessica was busy talking while walking until she didn’t realised Tiffany has already stop her steps. She stops until Tiffany calls her name. “Jess. Jessica!”

“Huh? What?” Jessica stop beside Tiffany and look at her. She look up to see her but Tiffany’s attention and eyes were on other things. Feeling curious, Jessica also look at the way she did and surprise to see the person she just talk about just now.

Jessica quickly takes Tiffany’s hand, want to drag her from there. But Tiffany didn’t go to the way she was dragged to. Instead of that, Tiffany brought her foot to Chul Woo’s direction. He was in a coffee shop and that’s where she’s going right now.

Jessica who was seeing her walk towards the coffee shop tries to stop her but Tiffany’s eyes were straight to him. She just walk there, leaving Jessica behind. Jessica quickly follow her back. Tiffany didn’t stop, she keep walking towards him. While that, Jessica still tries to stop her until they were few steps away from him.

“No Tiff!” Jessica said while manage to pull her hand. Tiffany then stopped her foot.

At the same time, Chul Woo notice someone is approaching them and turn his head and surprise to see Tiffany stands right in front of him.

“Tt-tiffany…” Chul Woo call her name.

Tiffany didn’t answer him. Her eyes move to the woman who sit at the same table as him. She can see a boy sit beside Chul Woo’s seat from where she stand. “Is that her?”

Chul Woo know what she mean. Guilty feelings came right into his heart. He can see her watery eyes. “Tti-tiffany…”

“Answer me.” She said flat.

Chul Woo sigh guiltily. “Yy-yes.”

Tiffany give a bitter smile and both of them. “May you live happily with your family.” With that, Tiffany turn to the opposite way. But then,

Chul Woo grab her hand, prevent her from walk away. “Tiffany.”

Without bother to turn her back, she answer him “Let me go.”

“No I won’t.” He refused.

“I said please let me go. Lee Chul Woo.” Tiffany said once again.

Chul Woo still hold her wrist. In fact, he tighten it. “Don’t go Tiff.”

Tiffany know their action now has attracted few eyes. The coffee shop staff already take a look at them and also few customers there. She didn’t want to be crowd attention. Jessica also steps in and ask that man to let her go but he still refuse to do it.

Tiffany can’t stand him anymore. She turn to him. “That hand you hold, can’t you see it?” she ask him.

Chul Woo look at her hand. “What is it Tiff? Why with your hand?” he didn’t understand on what she’s talking about right now.

Tiffany twist her wrist to the upper side, where her ring can be spotted right away. “I’m married. You’re messing with someone’s wife now. Do you think it’s proper? With all these people are watching us?” She said.

Chul Woo stare at the ring she wear. It’s not the ring he bought for her before. The rumours was right. The wedding still going on. Tiffany didn’t lie to him. She’s married. Now it’s time for him to let out a bitter smile.

“Ss-so it was right, you still go with the wedding. Did you wear the wedding dress I choose for you?” Chul Woo ask her.

“No. It’s the worst wedding dress I ever seen. I throw it away.” She answer him with flat tone. Tiffany lied to him. The wedding dress is kept in the box and still there in her room. That is the only thing she didn’t throw away about him.

“D-do you love him? D-did he treat you well?...”

Tiffany snatch her hand away from him. “Yes he did. And yes, I do love him. More than I’ve love you before. Happy?” She answer him straight away and her answer make he surprised including Jessica. Tiffany didn’t wait any longer and step away from the coffee shop. Leaving Chul Woo alone.

“Let’s go Jess.”

Both of them then slowly disappeared from Chul Woo’s eyes.

--

AT THE OTHER SIDE

Taeyeon glad that at least Tiffany went out with her friend. She can let out the fear and get some fun instead of just stay at home. Taeyeon feel bad for Tiffany because she had to stay alone. Because Taeyeon feel uncomfortable and also want to keep it low, he has asked Tiffany’s bodyguard to stop secure his house but now he sort of regret of doing that.

Taeyeon had a normal day today, he got some appointments with his patients and he need to check the condition of his patients. Well, it was a daily routine if he doesn’t have any surgery to be done.

Today, Taemin’s parents will came to see Taeyeon to talk about his brain tumour. Apart of doing his job to find a way to cure Taemin, Taeyeon also anticipating his next meeting with that boy. He doesn’t know what urge that push him to treat and takes a good care of Taemin. Taeyeon knows he can’t make this case as personal and he have to treat all his patients equally. Everytime he tries to keep up with his principle, his feelings brought it away. Taemin’s face who is look alike his late brother made Taeyeon stunned at their first meeting. It’s hard for Taeyeon to keep everything away when he met someone that he has been longing for a long time. Taeyeon thought that God let him to meet someone look alike his brother to make him to correct his mistakes before in other way, as doctor to Taemin now.

--

Taeyeon has promised to have lunch with his best friends. So he waited for them at the cafeteria even before they came. Since he got early free time, Taeyeon didn’t want to waste it by doing nothing. While waiting for them, he just chill and take out his phone to check for some news. Taeyeon scroll into general news, sports section and he finally stopped at entertainment section. He stopped after saw a headline “Busan Fashion Week Artist Line-up”. He see some familiar artist there and finally some pictures that included his wife, Tiffany Hwang. Taeyeon suddenly remember that she did tell him about an event at Busan which will be held in 2 days.

“So this is the event she talk about…” he said to himself then continue to scroll down to other articles. Taeyeon then refresh the pages to see whether there is new articles in the section and he saw a new headline and what make he surprised is, it’s about Tiffany. It just updated few minutes ago. There’s picture and also some captions on it. Taeyeon also read the comments.

“@user4598_ : Seems they had intense situation… T.T”

“@byul_bling : isn’t they already married?”

“@troll81 : it’s like drama. Are they creating some gimmick or something?”

 

Taeyeon didn’t think that it was gimmick, he knows the stories behind this. What happen between Tiffany and her ex-fiancée. It was confirm not a joke. There was a lot more comments on the post and Taeyeon already stopped reading them. He was thinking on her feelings now. But he shoved the feelings away as he didn’t want think anything further and he was trying not to having any hard feelings towards her. Taeyeon realise that they were forced and they don’t even love each other. There is no way he could love her.

While Taeyeon continue scrolling his phone, Sunny came and take a seat beside him. “Hey Taeng! So early huh?”

Taeyeon turn and see Sunny already beside him. “Heyya. Yeah I finished everything before lunch hour though. So, how is your first day?”

Sunny laugh. “Hahaha lol Taeng, it’s not like I’m first time here. I just gone for few months though. You really should ask that question to our maknae. She’s really famous on her first day.”

Taeyeon surprised to hear that. “Oh really? You can’t blame her for being goddess, hahaha.”

Slowly, Sooyoung also come to join their lunch. Yoona can’t join them as it was her first day reporting so she got a lot of things to do. 3 of them then continue to talk among them and discuss about some medical topic and also about their plan to ambush Taeyeon’s house.

--

Tiffany finished her business and quickly went home. As soon as she reaches home, Tiffany quickly check her phone. It’s true. What happen earlier going on fire as there were some people in the coffee shop record it and post it on the social media. People keep on commenting on the latest news going on between Tiffany and her ex-boyfriend. Her manager already called her about the post and thankfully Tiffany already noted about it. She just asked her manager to clear it out so that it will not bother about her fashion week news.

Tiffany is back to herself now. She’s been thinking about what happen earlier. The boy that she saw earlier was giggling happily with his parents. It’s a complete family. While thinking of that, Tiffany drift away with her mind and don’t even notice Taeyeon is home. She don’t even hear to the open door nor Taeyeon’s greet. While Taeyeon already knew that she must be disturbed with the news he saw earlier.

“Hey, are you okay?” Taeyeon asked.

Tiffany flinched upon the sudden touch on her shoulder. She quickly turn and see Taeyeon is looking at her from above. “Huh? What did you said?”

Taeyeon repeat his question and Tiffany just nod without answer anything. He knows that he need to make her feel better even with his mean jokes.

“Yah, come on in. Don’t stay outside for too long. Who knows that guy still tailing you.” Taeyeon ask Tiffany to stay away from the balcony, afraid that the suspicious guy will harm her.

Seeing that Tiffany went straight to her room, Taeyeon knows that she really feel affected with the news. “You don’t wanna eat first?”

Tiffany stopped her step and turn to him. “Is there anything to eat?”

“Yah don’t say like that, of course there is. How about this?” Taeyeon said while showing few packets of instant noodles.

Tiffany shake her head. “Nah, I’ll become bloated.”

He sigh. “Fine I’ll make you steak. How about that?”

Just when Tiffany want to continue her steps, she stops and turn back to the kitchen. That is the first small smile Taeyeon saw from Tiffany ever since he back from work. “Great. Now let’s do this!” Taeyeon cheer and that makes Tiffany smile letting out another smile.

--

DINNER

After having dinner together, both Tiffany and Taeyeon rest on the couch. Taeyeon is the first one to open his mouth.

“Um, you okay now?”

Tiffany turn her face to him. “I’m fine. You’ve been asking that question since earlier. Why?”

“You know, I saw the news. It just another gossip isn’t? Must be hard for you.” Taeyeon show his concern.

She shakes her head. “No it’s not. It’s real. It really happen.”

Taeyeon speechless. He didn’t know what to say anymore. Eventually, Tiffany tell him everything. She told him on how crash her heart to see her ex-boyfriend with his new life, how embarrassed when the public saw their intense situation.

“Can I hug you?” Tiffany ask Taeyeon for a hug. It was so sudden. Even Taeyeon was surprised at first, but he just opens his arms widely for her. He knows she need it so bad at that time.

While they were hugging, Taeyeon brush the back of Tiffany’s head and kiss her hair crown. It just happens naturally. She doesn’t push him away. For Tiffany, it feels like she was in a pouch. Feeling comfortable and safe.

“You’ll be fine Fany-ah. Be strong okay?”

“Thanks…tae”

Just when Taeyeon want to reply her, he heard the doorbell rings multiple times. Oh great, it’s the ambush day. Taeyeon quickly pull Tiffany into his room and didn’t forget to lock Tiffany’s room before open the door.

“I’ll promise I’ll make them go before midnight. I’m sorry Fany!” Taeyeon didn’t forget to apologizes to her and he manage to give her a quick hug before went to the door.

 

“Yah Taeng! Why so slow man?”

“Yeah oppa, we’ve been waiting for you to open the door though.”

“Yah why can’t I unlock your door? Did you change your password?”

 

Tiffany can hear a noise from inside the room. It must be Taeyeon’s friends. She walks around the room and think on what she can do while his friends were there.