Chapter 3 : THE DAY

ACID ft. ALKALINE [HIATUS]

As Taeyeon stop at a parking lot of a fast food restaurant, he got surprised when saw a woman with pink hoodie knock on his window. He hesitate to open it at first, but after knew the person behind the hoodie, he let her in.

“What have you done?!” That is the first word he heard after let her in.

Taeyeon get blur as he didn’t understand what she talking about so he just be quiet and play with his phone.

Tiffany who is still feels angry towards him feel the fire come into her more as that man ignore her.

“Don’t play dumb with me Taeyeong!”

Taeyeon, who heard his name being pronounced wrong turn to her. “It’s TAEYEON! Ugh for God sake!”

“Now you can respond to me huh?”

“Shut up!” Taeyeon said as he feels annoying with her.

Tiffany didn’t said anything more and just show him her phone. It showed an online news regarding Tiffany at the boutique earlier. Taeyeon read it carefully and hand it back the phone to Tiffany.

“Uhm so?” He said.

“SO?!” Tiffany scroll through the article again and show him some pictures.

“Can’t you see who is this?” Taeyeon take a look at it and saw his pictures. Even though it is blurry, but he can still identify his face.

“Tiffany Hwang’s new boyfriend? Could he be her replacement after the controversy…” Taeyeon read the caption by himself. He also read the comments being written by netizens. There are good comments and there are also bad comments about him. He handed back the phone to Tiffany and sigh.

“Great, now my face has spread all over the news.” Taeyeon mutters.

“Oh my God! They even follow me until here! Ugh!” Tiffany suddenly half scream.

“What? Why?” Taeyeon who was surprised with her scream quickly turn around to see if there anything bother her.

Tiffany quickly pull Taeyeon’s face to facing her face and talk. “Look at me. Did you the man over there just now? He’s standing near the red car.”

Taeyeon nods to her. “Yeah, why?”

“Believe me, he’s a reporter. A paparazzi. Now let’s get out of here.”

“Eh, are you sure? He looks…normal to me.” He said while make his eyes round as he make fun of her.

Tiffany clench her teeth. She already feel annoying with this man. “Then you want him to wear a nametag saying he’s a reporter? Ugh just get out of here!”

“Yeah I can drive, but can you free my face? If you want to kiss it, believe me here is not a good choice.” He winks after that. Tiffany didn’t realise that she has been cupped his face near to her face. She then quickly let it go and slap his shoulder.

“Auch! Yah!” Taeyeon flinch upon his shoulder hurt.

“Shut up and drive!” she scream.

Taeyeon didn’t say anything more and just drive out from there. While he’s driving, tiffany busy playing with her phone. She turn to him after Taeyeon stop the car. She didn’t get to say anything as Taeyeon already get out of the car. Tiffany didn’t dare to get out from the car, as the car was parked at the side of the road. And within this time, the road was busy and there are a lot of people walking. Even though Taeyeon’s car window is tinted, but Tiffany still keeps her hoodie on.

Tired of waiting, Tiffany gets out of the car and walk to the café to find Taeyeon. She became angrier when she saw he sit and drink a coffee. She quickly walks towards him and slam his hand on the table. Few people there has been watching her and Taeyeon, who was reading something from his phone flinch upon her action. He look at her and gulp as he can see a dark aura covering her back. Her eyes looks scary right now.

“What.are.you.doing.here.” She ask him with a flat tone. Tiffany is trying not to reveal her voice so much, that is why she talks while clench her teeth.

But with slumber, Taeyeon answer her. “Um, drinking coffee. Can’t you see?” He then show her his hot Americano cup.

Tiffany take a really deep breath before talk. “What happen if that hot coffee being pour on you? What do you think about it?”

Taeyeon look at the cup now. It still hot indeed and he’ll get burnt for sure if she really did pour it on him. “Whoa, be nice to me okay. I’ve save you from the reporters. Give me a break please?”

“I can give you a break, but why you have to leave me just like that?!” She half scream.

Taeyeon then quickly put money on the table and leave the café with grabbing her shoulder. Wanting to leave the place, he open the car door for her and let her go in. He quickly drives away.

“I’ll send you home. Tell me the address okay?” Taeyeon’s tone slow down as he didn’t want to make her mad.

“I don’t want to go home.” She said. Her tone still flat and she looks angry.

Taeyeon turn to her. “What? Then where do you want to go?”

“Anywhere but not home.”

Understand her, he just drive to a bit crowded place. It has the less chance for the reporters to find them. Even he was driving, he also look around to make sure no one was following them.

Half an hour driving, Taeyeon then stop the car. He step out from the car and open the door for her.

Looking at her dull expression. He tries to . “Careful, there’s rats over there.”

As expected, Tiffany surprised and quickly jump to him. “Where?!” He manage to grab her and they were hugging right now. Taeyeon whisper to her. “Just kidding.”

Tiffany quickly push him away and hit his shoulder. “UGH!”

“Auch! Oh come on, can you chill for a second?”

Tiffany didn’t bother to reply him and just look around to make sure of their location. “Convenience store? Why did you bring me here? You know there’s lot of people here!” Her mad meter going to rise again.

Taeyeon put his index finger on her lips. “Can you not screaming for once?” He then pull her hoodie to the back. “Look at around you.”

She looks around. It feels calm a bit. It not busy like Seoul. The place look like in a village. It less people, less noisy. “Where did you bring me?”

Looking at her worry face, Taeyeon smile. And Tiffany too, it’s the first time she saw Taeyeon smile towards her. “Don’t worry, we still in Seoul. I just drive into a residential area a bit far.”

She nods. Taeyeon then walk into the convenience store left Tiffany behind. As soon as she going inside, Tiffany saw Taeyeon grab a bowl of instant noodles. He looks so carefree. Like he always come there. He knows where the instant noodles section at, snacks section.

Looking at him waiting for his instant noodles to cook, she then began to speak. “A doctor eats instant noodles? Seriously?”

Taeyeon already expected that kind of question from a model like her. “Why? Can’t I?”

“Didn’t you suppose to take care of your health?”

He then reply her. “Not only us, but all humans need to take care of their health. Just look at you.”

“Why me?” She raised one of her eyebrows.

“As a model, you can’t be diet and eat organic food all the time. You also have your cheat day. Right? So now, go grab anything. Don’t pretend like you never eat them before. Heh.”

Now he’s back to the old him. Annoying. Tiffany grab a bottle of juice and drink it. Looking at her, Taeyeon shaking his head and make another bowl of instant noodles. Tiffany didn’t ask anything as she thought he will eat 2 of it. Few minutes after that, Taeyeon open the lid and hand the chopstick to her.

“Huh? What?” Tiffany feeling surprised with his sudden action.

“Don’t play dumb. Eat it.” Taeyeon said while drive the bowl to in front of her.

“I didn’t say I want to eat it. No. I don’t want it.” She still be stubborn and decline the instant noodle.

With the bowl being return back to him, Taeyeon got an idea to make her eat it. He opens the bowl lid and automatically a scrumptious smell fly around the store. Since it still hot, the steam fly put from the lid freely. Taeyeon smell the instant noodle with over reaction.

“Omo! It smell so good!” He said while smelling it.

Taeyeon then make it more delicious by applying seaweed and rice cake into the bowl. He already lift up his chopsticks when suddenly the bowl missing from his sight. He look at beside him. He didn’t realise that, his idea successful by making Tiffany drooling.

“Ugh fine! I’ll eat it!”

Didn’t bother to reply her, Taeyeon just let a small smile and continue to eat his food. They didn’t say anything after that and just eat their food while appreciate the peace. Seeing her already finished with her food, Taeyeon offer himself to send her home. Surprisingly, she accept it warmly. But the peace didn’t last long, they start to bicker again.

Taeyeon turn on the music as the car was too quiet and he is bored. A ballad song came out. It’s eyes, nose, lips by Taeyang. Taeyeon then lip syncing the song and when the song going to its chorus, Taeyeon prepare himself to sing it but suddenly the song stopped and it then being changed to a pop song. Now the car turned into a party place. Now, Taeyeon heard Tiffany lip syncing to uptown funk from Bruno Mars. She’s been shaking her body simultaneously with the song.

“Yah!”

She didn’t bother to answer him and keep on enjoying the song. But again, the song being changed to the previous song. Tiffany stop dancing and look at him.

“Hey!”

They were stop at a red traffic light at that time.

“What?” Taeyeon turn to her with his innocent face.

“Why did you change it? It was a good song!”

“This one also a good song!” He said while turn the volume up.

Tiffany then slaps his hand and turn down the volume back. “I don’t care! It’s my favourite song!”

“Auch! This is my car! So it’s my music!”

The argument was stopped by the sound of honking from the car at the back as the traffic light already changed. They then be quiet and only being accompanied by ballad song. But Tiffany didn’t seem to enjoy it.

“UGH!” Tiffany groaned.

As they reach Tiffany’s home, her father already wait in front of the main gate. Her father has been contact her since at the coffee shop and asked her to inform him everything. He feels glad as both of them were going out together.

Taeyeon get out from the car as soon as he saw her father to pay some respect.

“Hello Mr. Hwang, good afternoon.” He greet him and give a 90 degree bow.

The old man give him a fatherly smile. “Hello Taeyeon. Please don’t call me Mr. Hwang. Just call me dad as we will be family.” He said while pat Taeyeon’s back.

“Yes dd-dad.” He smile sheepishly. While Tiffany who is standing beside her father raise one of her eyebrows, showing her annoying expression.

“Thank you for sending Tiffany home. I hope both of you having a good time together.”

Taeyeon just nods and smile to him.

“Yes dad, we did have a VERY GOOD time together. Right Taeyeon?” She emphasize the word and smirk at him.

“Yes, dad. We did.” Taeyeon also had to speak in order to support her answer.

They then bid a goodbye and before Taeyeon going into the car, Mr. Hwang has whisper to him.

“I wish you luck for your big day tomorrow Taeyeon and thank you so much.” Taeyeon didn’t get to said anything as the old man already make his way in to the house. But he totally understand what the thank you for. He then drive back home.

As he reach home, Taeyeon going straight to his room. He saw a set of tuxedo being put on his bed. He unwrap it and stare at the black tuxedo. He fitting it earlier at the boutique and now it has been deliver to him. Tomorrow, he will wear it. How fast. Taeyeon still can’t believe it that he’s going to get married with someone he don’t even know. He then lay on the bed and keep staring on the fan until it drive him to sleep.

--

NEXT MORNING: D-DAY

Taeyeon wake up with a noise of his aunt’s voice, aunty Hana. He yawn and get out from his room. His eyes still half open.

“Aunty Hana?” His hoarse voice crack the noise on that morning.

The middle age woman turn to him. “Oh hey Taeyeon. Good morning! You just awake?”

Taeyeon just nods and brush his hairs to the back. He then yawn once again.

Aunty Hana shaking head while looking at her sleepy nephew. “Go take a shower and we’ll have breakfast after that. Quick. Go go!” she said while pushing Taeyeon’s body back into his room.

“Why so fast aunty Hana? Let me sleep a bit more, I was awake because of you.” He whimpers.

The woman hit her forehead. “Oh my, thank God I was being noisy. It’s you wedding day Taeyeon! Wake up yourself!”

Taeyeon who was sleepy suddenly have a big eye. Now he remembers it. He groans. “Arghh! Why it must be today?!” He said while lazily walk into his room. Aunty Hana let him and continue to do her work. Taeyeon then sit on his messy bed and stare at his tuxedo set and think on what will happen next few hours. Full of heavy sigh, he then walk lazily to the bathroom.

 

MEANWHILE AT THE DINING HALL

Taeyeon’s father already be at the dining table along with Aunty Hana. They’re having a small talk about the ceremony later.

“Hana, is Taeyeon awake?”

“Yeah he is.”

The old man just nods and take a sip of coffee while Aunty Hana prepare for Taeyeon’s drink. Few minutes after that, Taeyeon get down ready with his tuxedo. Since it was a sudden marriage, only the close relatives of Taeyeon have been invited.

--

Different from Taeyeon’s house, Tiffany’s house is busy and full of people. There are staffs here and there preparing the ceremony. It also includes reporters who already are at the outside of the house, waiting for anything interesting to captures. Bodyguards are seen to be securing the whole house to make sure any reporters coming in.

Tiffany who was busy getting ready was accompanied by her best friend Jessica. Like other girls, they were keep praising each other and teasing each other. But deep in Tiffany’s heart, she still sad as she didn’t get to be with the man she loved on their special day. Same like Taeyeon, she never thought that she’ll get married with to a man that she doesn’t even know.

Tiffany was dreaming until she didn’t realise by the make-up artist is talking to her who already finished her make up. Jessica who realise the situation bid a goodbye to her and said she will help Tiffany to touch up her make up later on.

“Tiff.” She wait for her to answer.

“Tiffany.” She call her a bit louder this time in case she didn’t hear it. But Jessica still didn’t get any answer from her.

Feeling frustrated as she didn’t get any response from Tiffany. It just one thing left to do, which is release the secret weapon. Jessica then be in the whisper position, beside Tiffany’s right ear.

She smirk and scream after that. “YAH!!!” Yes, that is her secret weapon. Dolphin’s scream. Of course everyone know her scream including Tiffany and Yuri.

Automatically, Tiffany shock with the sudden scream and turn to Jessica. “Jess! Why the heck you scream beside my ears?!”

“Because I’ve been calling you Tiff! Even the makeup artist does the same! But you’re ignoring us, that’s why.” She explain.

Tiffany surprise to hear that. “Did I?”

Her question then being answered by a nod from Jessica. “Thinking something?”

Tiffany silent for a few seconds. “I don’t know whether I do the right thing.”

Jessica quickly take a seat beside her. “Do you think marrying Taeyeon is a wrong choice?”

She sigh and cupped her face. “Seriously I don’t know Jess. It supposed to be my happiest day with him, not Taeyeon.”

“Tiff, he leaves you. Why you have to bother about him again?” Jessica comfort her.

Seeing Tiffany being silent, Jessica then talk again. “I know you didn’t love Taeyeon and you’re even barely know him. But let’s give it a try okay? Who knows he can be better than him? So, chin up and don’t let your tiara fall. It’s your big day babe!”

Jessica manages to make Tiffany smile a little bit. Both of them then hugging before make their way to the wedding hall.

--

Time ticking, the time has been set. The wedding hall is now full with both of their families and friends. Taeyeon didn’t invite any of his friends even Sooyoung. No one at his workplace know that he is going to get married today except for the president as he need the permission to take an emergency leave.

As soon as Taeyeon wait at the wedding hall, he saw Tiffany walk along the aisle accompanied by her father. It can’t be denied that she looks beautiful. He stare her walking for a while. Taeyeon’s stare has been cut by Mr. Hwang handed his daughter hands to Taeyeon. He receives it awkwardly as he never hold her hand before. Those beautiful and soft hands. He also can smell her sweet fragrance. While Tiffany didn’t look at him at all and keep her eyes in front.

For an hour, the wedding ceremony going on smoothly and Taeyeon still can recall the moment when the minister ask him whether he is agree to take Tiffany as his wife. As much as his heart says no, with a heavy felling his mouth give out the answer yes. He knows that Tiffany feels the same too. Same goes to Tiffany, she still remember when the minister ask both of them to kiss as to make it official. She is so nervous as seeing Taeyeon’s face is getting near to her. The kiss didn’t last for a long time, she don’t even feel his lips. But she is sure, she feel something on her philtrum. Taeyeon just give her a peck on her upper lips. It was so fast as Tiffany didn’t get to remember anything. Maybe it just a few seconds.

--

TAEYEON’S HOUSE

As both of them were officially husband and wife now, Tiffany now must live under the same roof with Taeyeon.

Taeyeon walk to his apartment leisurely while Tiffany were dragging her big luggage also some more bags waiting behind her.

“Yah! Can you help here?”

Taeyeon turn to her. “What?”

Tiffany point her finger towards her additional bags behind her. “That one.”

Taeyeon look at it for a few seconds and turn to in front again. “Heh. You’re not going to stay here forever, right? So why bring so much things? Now, carry it yourself. I don’t care.” He said while unlocking the door.

“Yah!” She called him.

Taeyeon didn’t bother to answer her and just walk into the apartment.

“Ugh!” She groans and continue to drags her bag. As she walk into his apartment, Tiffany surprise to see how clean it was. It was much clean than hers.

“What are you looking at?” Taeyeon speak up as he saw Tiffany see around the house few times.

“I have a pair of beautiful eyes and I can see wherever I want!” she then turn her back to him.

“Yah, you’ll sleep on that room okay? Bye, good night.” With that, Taeyeon just leave her alone at the living room.

Tiffany didn’t care and continue to bring in her few bags which she left it behind just now. She lock the front door and bring the bag to the room Taeyeon show to her just now. Tiffany shock to see a room loaded with stuff also dust here and there. It also have a lots of spider web around it. More surprise, she can’t even enter the room as it was packed with things until in front of the door.

“Is this, a room or a store?”

With a mad feelings, Tiffany knock on Taeyeon’s room. Few minutes after that, Taeyeon appear with a smile on his face. “Yes? How’s your room? Is it okay?”

“Is that even a room?!” She speak while pointing her finger to the room.

“Yeah it is.” He answer it bluntly.

“What the heck with all the things then?”

“Oh that is actually… a guest room. But I transformed it into a store. I forgot to tell you. Hahaha!”

“WHAT?!” Tiffany surprise to hear his answer. This guy really make her mad meter raising up. “Now where I’m supposed to sleep?!”

Taeyeon thinking for a while. “Not my room of course. Hm let see…”

“You can sleep in the living room and wait for the maid to clean for you next morning or you can clean it on your own. You can choose.” Taeyeon giving her a choice.

Tiffany didn’t get to reply him with anything as she was so surprise. She never get being treated like this and this guy is the first person dare to do to her.

“Got your answer? Now please excuse me, I need to sleep as I got morning shift tomorrow. Bye!” Taeyeon then slam his door, leave Tiffany with puzzle.

As much as she feels angry with Taeyeon. Tiffany also didn’t want to sleep on the couch. So she decided to clean up the room. She diverted the things out one by one and she also threw the dust out from the room. Tiffany didn’t know where to put the things back so she looks at the other rooms. Each of the room was neat and clean. She saw his workroom, wardrobe and a small room. She decided to put all the things in the small room. Now the store room now can be called a bedroom. Few hours cleaning up the room, Tiffany then fell asleep on the couch.

While Taeyeon in his room, awake by few sounds and decided to go out and take a look of it. He slowly open the door and didn’t see Tiffany in the room. But he notice that the room already clean. As he walk to living room, he saw Tiffany were sleeping there with a messy hair and sweating forehead. Without thinking of anything, Taeyeon carry her up in bridal style into her room and put her on the bed. He switch on the air-cond and go back to his room to continue to sleep. The