Chapter 10: HURT

ACID ft. ALKALINE [HIATUS]

IN SEOUL

While Tiffany at Busan, Taeyeon don’t even bother to call her or check on her. But its not even a lie if he said he didn’t think about her at all. Taeyeon feels slightly hurt on how Tiffany reacts to him for the last 2 days. These days, he tries to figure out the feelings that he has been feels. The feelings that he can’t even described and also the curiosity on how he suddenly feel slightly hurt about it.

“Ugh stupid feelings! I can’t even described you easy as I diagnose someone!” He mutter to himself while walking around at the park near his residence area. There’re few people looking at him as his voice slightly raise up upon his frustration.

Taeyeon keep on walking until he reaches a convenience store. There’s something catch his eyes. A packet of instant noodles. His long-time best friend, heh. Taeyeon quickly grab and pay it. As he finishes cook it, Taeyeon take a seat outside and began to eat his hot instant noodles. Without he realise, it was the same instant noodles he eats with Tiffany before.

“Omo! It smell so good!” He slurps the noodles and it began to fill in his mouth. Taeyeon munch it happily while enjoying the taste. But then he stops munching. He takes a look at it. His appetite being cut off automatically. The noodles being put aside and Taeyeon stared out at the people around. He saw bunch of people were picnic. Some were couples, some even going with a family. Looking at a pair of couple happily chase after each other while giggling made Taeyeon think of something.

“Will I ever feel the same feelings they have right now?”

His thought being cut off by his ringing phone. Taeyeon take a look at the caller. His father.

Taeyeon answer the call and answered it with a lazy tone. “Yes dad?”

While his father on the other line said “Is that how you greet your father, Kim Taeyeon?”

Like awake from his daydreams, Taeyeon later corrected his voice and responded better. “I’m sorry, hello dad.” He answers is while brighten up his tone.

“That’s better. Are you at the hospital?”

“No, I just got home and strolling around.”

“Ah good, let’s meet where you are.”

With that, Taeyeon told his father his current location and wait for him at a bench which facing towards the lake.

Around 20 minutes of waiting, suddenly Taeyeon feels his shoulders were patted from the back. He looked up and saw his dad smiling as he greeted him. “Am I late?”

Taeyeon smile. “You’re not. You’ll be always on time.” Both of them then hug each other.

“I feels like I haven't seen you in a long time.” His father said between the hugs.

Taeyeon smiles and brush the back of his hair. “Yy-yeah… me too.”

“How’s your married life?”

Taeyeon just let out a bitter smile to his father. A simple question yet it hit him the most. “It’s good. Everything good.”

Both of then take a seat and Taeyeon offers his father a can of juice. He accept it and laugh. “Isn’t beer is the best right now?”

Taeyeon laugh upon his jokes. “It is, but let’s just make the juice taste like beer instead.”

His father understands how Taeyeon object his marriage with Tiffany but he is certain that this marriage will give Taeyeon the happiness he has always wanted all this while. After all, Taeyeon will always thought this arranged marriage is to repay Tiffany’s father without knowing the real reason behind it.

“Taeyeon-ah, no matter how much you hate her, always remember not to yell, never abuse her, neither physically nor emotionally. You may be satisfied to let go of your anger but her heart can get scarred forever. Remember that, okay?” His father pat Taeyeon’s back while smiling.

Taeyeon nods to him. “I’ll remember it dad. Thank you.” Not knowing what prompted him to do so, but he hugs his father and without realizing his tears fell on his father's shoulders. “I didn't hate her, I was just angry that I couldn't make my own decision and I was afraid I couldn't give her happiness. She’s been through a lot, dad.”

His father feel touched because Taeyeon still thinking about other people's feelings while he was hurting at the same time. His father kept patting him on the back and saying “It's okay Taeyeon, all this mess will be replace with happiness. Trust me. You trust me, right?”

“Yes.”

“So don’t stop hoping alright?”

“I will.”

“But dad… what if we split up?”

“Separation doesn’t mean you both will lose each other. Sometimes, separation is just a break for you to be together.”

“Thank you dad.”

MEANWHILE IN BUSAN

When Tiffany arrived in Busan, she rushed to the venue without stopping anywhere as she was already late. As much as her stomach didn’t stop growling ever since take off, she need to ignore it for a while now. Tiffany will meet Jessica and Yuri there as there didn’t take the same flight.

Since she arrived, she kept looking at her phone and had been seen calling someone several times.

“Is everything okay? Did you left something?” her manager asked.

Her manager's question made Tiffany aware that her behaviour had been observed. Tiffany quickly shook her head and tried to change the topic. “How much longer till we get there?”

Her manager then look at her wristwatch. “Um around 20 minutes.”

Tiffany nods an continue to look at outside the window as the car moving.

--

20 MINUTES LATER

Tiffany reach at the venue and quickly went to change room. She’s done rehearsing and discussing with the designer about minor problems. After 3 hours of deliberating and resolving the issues she had with the designer, she finally returned to the hotel.

On her way to the hotel, her manager had asked few question as Tiffany can be seen being silent time to time and have a tight face.

“Tiffany, are you okay?”

Tiffany who was contemplating ignored the question.

“Tiffany?” her manager called her name once again.

After realizing her shoulder was hit by someone, Tiffany turned her face to see her manager was looking at her with a curious look. “What is wrong with you today? You look disrupted.”

“Nothing unnie. I guess I’m too tired and maybe hungry.” Tiffany lied.

Her manager sigh. She knows that Tiffany rarely shares her problem unless with her best friend, Jessica. “I understand if you don’t want to share it. Make sure you get a plenty of rest. And whatever your problem is, solve it quickly to avoid prolonged problem, okay?”

Tiffany just nod and keep being silent until they reach hotel.

--

Tiffany continues to think about Taeyeon while lying on her bed. Suddenly her door being knocked. That force her to get up from her bed and open the door to reveal Jessica and Yuri.

“Hi Tiff!” Jessica hugs her.

Tiffany who was unaware about the action, shock and nearly choke.

“Babe! You gonna make her die!” Yuri tries to release from the hug.

Jessica smile sheepishly. “Whoops. Sorry Tiffy!”

Tiffany let out a small smile. She then invite them in and continue to lies on her bed. Jessica and Yuri who was confuse, looking at each other and simultaneously raise their eyebrows. Yuri approached Tiffany who was lying on her bed while starring at her phone.

“Tiff, are you sick?”

She shakes her head.

“Is it about Chul Woo?”

Again, she shakes her head.

“Did Taeyeon did something to you?” Its Jessica’s turn to ask her.

Tiffany sigh. “Jess… I think I hurt him.”

She then gather some courage and tell them about what has happened earlier. By telling them, Tiffany got some space to breathe and at least have people close to her being around.

--

“Tiff, don’t you think you need to do something to make it up to him?” Yuri suddenly muttered out.

Tiffany be silence or few minutes and thinking about what she should do. “Do I have to?”

“Yah!” Tiffany’s arm being hit by Jessica.

She flinched. “Ouch! What is wrong with you?!”

“You’re the one who was wrong!” Jessica fire her with her words.

“What did I do?!”

“YOU HURT HIM!” The couple answer simultaneously.

“Ugh! Alright alright!” Tiffany put her hands up and cover her face to avoid getting hit by them.

The trios then finished their night by ordering room services and preparing themselves for the tomorrow event.

 

THE NEXT DAY IN BUSAN

Tiffany ready for her event this evening and started her day with a wide smile. That is what she usually did. Waking up with a wide smile and keep on with the positive vibes in order to keep her mood in great state. Especially when she’s at work. Tiffany didn’t want anything disturb her work.

“Tiffany, are you okay?” her manager asked her.

Tiffany put a smile on her face. “Yes I’m good unnie. Don’t worry okay?”

“Alright if you said so. Let’s go.”

They arrived at the venue around 3 hours before event started. Tiffany separated with her manager and continue to prepare for her work. But then she saw someone familiar.

Tiffany stopped and stare at the familiar face. “Hyuna.” She mutter to herself.

Tiffany continue to walk towards the backstage and avoid to look at her but her action being stopped by sudden greet. “Well look who’s here. Its Tiffany!”

Tiffany stopped her steps and turn to the woman. She sigh. “Yes. What do you want?”

Hyuna laughed. “Oh my, calm down will you? Is this how you treat your friend?”

“Our friendship has ended years ago.” With that, Tiffany make her way out from the scene and left Hyuna alone.

While Tiffany continue to get ready, she heard people around were talking about Hyuna presence just now. Hyuna once be one of her close friend, just like Yuri and Jessica. But because of one thing, their friendship end in a very bad way.

--

“Yah, I heard you meet Hyuna?” Jessica asked Tiffany who is busy getting her hair done by the hairstylist and also her make up.

Tiffany choose not to answer Jessica’s question and continue to get ready.

“YAH!” but not until she being hit on the shoulder by Jessica.

“Ouch! Jess!” she flinched.

Jessica stare at her. “You know I didn’t hit you that hard, Tiffy. But I can do more if you want though.”

But Tiffany continue to be silent.

“Hello excuse me miss, in case you forget, you still didn’t answer my question.” Jessica said while waving her hand in front of Tiffany’s face.

She looks annoyed. “Haih. Do I have to?”

Jessica nods enthusiastically.

“Yeah I did meet her. Maybe around half minute? That’s all.” With that, Tiffany make her way out from the scene after finished doing her hair and makeup, leaving Jessica alone.

“Half minute? The heck? Half minute equal to how many? Is it 60 seconds? Ugh why this woman always messing with my head?!” Jessica’s self-monologue made the makeup artist laugh upon her behaviour. Jessica can’t chase Tiffany as it was her turn next after her.

2 HOURS AFTER THAT

The show finally begin and a lot of celebrities can be seen around. And of course, designers and also people involved in the industry gather around to be in the biggest fashion show in Busan.

Tiffany, Jessica and the rest of the models who was already set wait for the que. As much as she has already been in the industry for many years, Tiffany still feel nervous whenever she’s at work.

--

Que for the models has been said. Tiffany check herself for the last time, same like the others. Since the show has been set up to be a casual show, audience been set up near to the runaway. With that, they can look at the details of the outfit closely.

Tiffany being put as the last turn as she was wearing the main design. She wait for her turn calmly and come out from the backstage confidently when her turn up. She walks confidently along the runaway.

But then, she steps on something that make her step become unbalance and finally lose control and fell. She can feel crack on her leg bone and her leg cannot move at all. All this time, Tiffany never failed in her work and today it going to be the bad memory for her. She has been humiliated in a biggest fashion show in Busan, and people will question her professionalism. Right now, Tiffany just want to run and hide from everybody. But nothing much could be done as she can’t even move her leg.

The show has stopped for a few minutes in order to assist her to the backstage. Luckily Yuri was there and other people too. Her manager has help her to calm herself as she burst into tears right after they reach backstage.

“I’m sorry, I’m very sorry… I shouldn’t do this…” Tiffany keep on mutter the same thing in her cry.

Her manager wipe her tears. “Sshh Tiffany, don’t be like this. No one know this will happen. Not even anyone. Its not your fault.”

“I need to apologize with everyone for troubling them… I need to…” she mutters again.

Her manager understand the pressure she has been keeping up with in these few weeks. And with that, Tiffany needs something to motivate her. Her manager know how she’s been hype up with this show even from months ago. She thought this could boost up her spirit again, but since this thing happen. People staring at her, looking at her while she’s down, also with the press. It didn’t help anything at all.

--

“I’m sorry Jimmy, you shouldn’t choose me at the first place…” Tiffany said to the designer.

That man smiles. “Hey, it’s not a big deal. Accident happens. It’s nothing to be sorry about. Don’t worry okay? You should head to the hospital now. I’m worried about your legs.”

“But I’ve ruined the show…”

“Look, the show only stopped for a few minutes. The audience still there, the press still there, music still keeps being on. So, basically the show is not ruined.” He pat her shoulder.

Before he left, the designer told her something. “Hey. Think yourself more than you think about others okay?” he said that while pointing at her swollen legs.

Tiffany then being brought to the nearest hospital after that to get an immediate treatment. Tiffany insist to go back to Seoul at the same day and will get a further treatment once she’s home. Right now, she just want to go home.

While Tiffany being sad, there’s one person smile widely and happy with the incidents happen to Tiffany. And also Taeyeon, who is not aware about what happen to Tiffany yet. While Tiffany was struggling with her hurting legs, Taeyeon still tries to ignore his hurt feelings.


P/S : i'm sorry for the late update everyone. have a good day :)