Love Of A friend

Please Be Mine!

... 

   The sun has already setting behind the hill but the moon is still nowhere to be seen. Once in a while, Myungsoo stares at Sungyeol while he is looking away.  Myungsoo let go of a heavy sigh. Shadow dances around him as if trying to calm his spirit.  He ever thought about Sungyeol having a little crush on Jiyeon before but he never expected it was true. He whispers "He likes her. Now what? Should I give in or...Ah! Things get harder than I thought! What if Jiyeon likes him too?" His eyes is filled with tears. He tries to hold on but it is too tough for him. First, losing Suzy and now he seems to lose Jiyeon too. Out of sudden, Sungyeol tap him on his shoulder and says

Sungyeol: Yahh! Why are you so...quiet? You have something to say?

He says that without blinking his eyes and looks straightly towards Myungsoo's teary eyes.

Sungyeol: Are you..um..crying?

Myungsoo turns his face around and quickly wipe his tears.

Myungsoo: Hahaha! No I'm not! Tears of joy indeed? I'm just too happy for my faithful friend right here.

He put on a serene little smile on his face, hiding the pain behind the smile.

Sungyeol: Really? Ahhhh! You are really my bestfriend! Myung-ah, I thought you ever liked Jiyeon before?

He says, trying to figure out and wanting an answer from Myungsoo. As soon as the question came out from Sungyeol's mouth, Myungsoo feels like he is carrying a heavy load on him.

Myungsoo: What with that question, Yeol-ah?! Do you think I will like seriously... in love with a girl like her? She isn't my type. She's just a friend to me.

He says in a rush tone.

Sungyeol: Why do you look so nervous? You like her? Honest to me!

Myungsoo: Pa..Pabo! No, I'm not!  How many times do you want me to repeat it? Gosh, enough,Yeol-ah! Oh, by the way, you should grab her heart.

He tries to change the topic.

Sungyeol: Uhm...I should what?

Myungsoo: You should G.R.A.B. her heart! This is your chance. Do what you think is right. You,yourself know that she's your first crush. HAH, I don't get it. Why is it so hard for you to fall in love with a girl? They might look erkk..a bit fierce but once you get to know them, they are really fun to be around with.

Sungyeol: That is exactly what I thought! Girls are meant to be fierce on the outside. Plus, none of the girls I met before were attractive enough for me.  I tend to be scared when I looked at their eyes but when I looked at Jiyeon's eyes...dude..I got love struck! Fuhh, that is weird, man! This feeling, it's...wonderful. It makes me smile with a reason! Do you think this is normal?!

He raises his voice in sudden which makes Myungsoo startle a little.

Myungsoo: You're scaring me! Don't you ever do that again! Why are you so...dumb? Sorry for using that word cause it reflects you so much,Yeol-ah. Of course it is normal. Are you a real man or...are you somehow interested in boys like me?

He says it in seductive tone and smirks. Sungyeol gets up from the place he is sitting and squaring his shoulder, stepping backward.

Sungyeol: You little jerk! I'm not a gay,ok? I know I'm maybe a nerdy type and hard to fall in love with a girl but seriously dude, I still have feeling towards girl. Try to move towards me and a punch will struck out to your face! Hahahaha!

He laughs a notch too derisively.

Myungsoo: Dude, I was joking...Umm,should I tell Jiyeon about this? Should I?

He shakes his head. He knee down on the ground, begging Myungsoo for not telling her about it. Myungsoo keeps teasing him around.

Myungsoo: .....yah! Arraso,arraso! I'll shut my mouth. But with a condition. You have to tell her that you like her in about...a month? That's the only condition or else.... I'll go to her house any time!

Sungyeol: Myungsoo-ah...you are kidding right? That is nonsense.

Myungsoo: It's up to you to believe it or not. I can tell Jiyeon now if you want? Come on dude, it is easy as that..Meet her, ask her out for a long walk, being nice to her, share your interest with her, being lovey dovey, buy her favourite things and lastly....confess your love. A month is more that enough for me.

Sungyeol: You are sure a love expert but that is a lot of things to do! Ah, Love is so tough!

He sighs.

Myungsoo: How do you know love is tough? Have you ever loved someone before?

Sugyeol: No but by looking at you. By all the suffers you have been through.

He answers with a short 'no' and casually says it. His shocking answer makes Myungsoo's face change in drastic. His face quickly turns reddish. he does not reply any to Sungyeol. He speaks to himself " Yes, you are right. Love is tough."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At Jiyeon's house...

  "Baby Goodnight, jaljjayo Goodnight
Geureom nan Dancing, Dancing, Dancing in the moonlight
Woah~ Woah~
Meori soge oneul kkeudaega eomneyo
Baby Goodnight, jaljjayo Goodnight
Geureom nan Dancing, Dancing, Dancing in the moonlight
Woah~ Woah~
Mianhaeyo oneul kkeudaega eomneyo

 Baby Goodnight by B1A4 is playing on Jiyeon's ipod playlist. "woah~Woah~"  she is singing and moving her hip around in such frenzied manner. The day was not that terrible because she was having a lunch with Jinyoung. "Woah~woah~ I get to have my lunch with Jinyoung oppa! Nothing is better than today!" she says cheerfully. Suddenly, she hear her mother's footsteps. She quickly make her way to her bed and pretend to read a book. Her mother enters the room. She yells;

Jiyeon's mom: Yah! What was that noise?!

Jiyeon: What noise? I think you misheard something. Maybe it was from our neighbourhood? Mom, you know that they like to turn the volume up to the maximum. Haish...

Jiyeon's mom: I don't think so. I heard it from your room. I suppose you should be studying now.

Jiyeon: *cough* I am studying. See....

She lifts up her book, tries to console her mother. Her mother just give a simple glance and leave the room. Jiyeon sighs. "Fuhh,that was closed!" She turns on her ipod again but with an earphone. A song is being played. Suprisingly, the first song is Nothing's Over by Infinite. She gets up and sits on her bed neatly. "Nothing's over...This reminds me of....Myungsoo-ah," she bits her lip sceptically. "She closes her eyes. Recalling every single moment when she was with Myungsoo at the rooftop. "He is a nice boy, actually. He is longing for her late girlfriend. That's the reason he became so cold. He must be in pain now. I can imagine what it feels like to be in his place. I ever felt the same. It is so tough for him. I can look that through his eyes..." she says with a bitter smile on her face. " You have to learn how to lose someone in order to be a tougher person..."

While in Myungsoo's house, the clock shows sharply at 9.05pm...

Myungsoo: Mom, I'm home...

    He knocks the front door and enters the house. He takes off his shoes and makes his way to his bedroom. His mother greets him

Myungsoo's mom: Oh, you're home. How was your school? Why are you coming home so late?

Myungsoo: I was hanging around with Sungyeol. School is sick.

He says in a rude way. He suddenly lose his mood.

Myungsoo's mom: How dare you answer me in that manner? Huh..

Myungsoo: I am sorry mom. I'm tired...

    He quickly walks to his bedroom and slams the door loudly. " Something bad must be going around.." his mom says.

In Myungsoo's room...

    "...I'm tired," Myungsoo continues, " I need to go bath."  He gets his towel and walks to the bathroom. (I just skip the moment when he is showering.lol)  He is all done after 20 minutes. Myungsoo walks out from the bathroom and straightly go to his study table. He drags the chair and start to arrange stuffs on his table. His table is quite messy. Sweet wraps, books, stationeries, music notes are all on a table. After all are done, he reaches for his mp3 player.  The black mp3 is switched on carefully. He starts to play around with it. He presses the next button continously. He screams " Arghhh! None of the songs makes me feel great!" He is about to switched off the mp3 player when his favourite song is playing. "This is better..." he smiles. It is no other than Nothing's Over by Infinite. Suddenly, he recalls the moment at the rooftop, "Wait...this song...at the rooftop"

--------Begin of Flashback---------

Jiyeon: Nothing's over...remember that, arraso?

Myungsoo: Nothing's Over, huh? You like that song too?

Jiyeon: Yes! I like it so much! It reminds me to be strong when I get down or upset. Why are you asking me? Don't you tell me you like it to?

Myungsoo: Hahahaha! Yes, I do like it. I just can't believe this! We have same interest! 

---------End of Flashback------------

    He smiles brightly as he recalls the moment they were eye to eye. " Hahaha, it is her favourite song too." He suddenly remembers a handkerchief Jiyeon gave to him earlier. He stuffs his pocket and slowly pull out the handkerchief out of it. He unfolded, carefully, he rubs it softly. On the handkerchief, there is written 'Jiyeon  ♥ ?'. "Ahhh, Jiyeon loves...question mark? Is she trying to find her true love? I think she is," he shrugs and continues "I never knew she is really into these love stuffs." He smiles for a brief moment but the smile soon vanishes away. "......Yeol-ah, I'm sorry. I am so sorry. I can't help myself from start to like her too...Mianhae, chinguya." Finally, he admits that he likes her because the feeling is just too hard to resist. He gets up from his chair and walks to the balcony,  "Once I like you, I'll never look at someone else. I like her too! JIYEON-AH, I LIKE YOU!" He screams it out from the bottom of his heart. "This is hurtful." He touches his chest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to be continued...

Finally! Myungsoo realizes that he likes Jiyeon too~ What do you think? Don't be a silent reader. Do comment and subscribe too! Annyeong ;D