With Benefits

The Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey guys! Happy new year!

I took a short break in case you haven't noticed the lack of updates hehe~

But I'm back now and ready to work on the next chapters, yoo hoo!!

*whisper* I miss you ~

Okay, enjoy reading!

 

Taehyung half-expects to see Jungkook when he opens the door. But when he enters and the penthouse is dark and quiet, his chest sinks a bit. Jungkook has said he'd see him tonight, but it's almost 8 now and he's still isn't here. Taehyung's stomach growls in a timely manner as if to complain about the absence of the other boy, too. Taehyung rubs his stomach and goes to make himself a bowl of instant noodle. He burns his fingers along the way but at least he gets to eat.

He goes to sleep at 11, concluding that Jungkook maybe too caught up to remember to call or even text. 

 

-

 

Taehyung wakes up to a strong arm around his waist and hot breaths on his nape. He doesn't have to look to know who it is. Instead, he tries peeling the arm off as gently as he can so that he can go to take a shower. Jungkook mumbles something in his sleep when Taehyung leaves but he's still fast asleep even when Taehyung returns. Taehyung watches Jungkook sleeping as if it's the first time he witnesses it. The way Jungkook's face relaxes and free of all expression somehow look so reassuring and peaceful. And the boy pouts a little in his sleep. He likes nuzzling at Taehyung—or in this case, the blanket, and he loves hugging just as much as Taehyung needs it to fall asleep. Jungkook whimpers as though he's having a bad dream and that pulls Taehyung out of his thoughts. 

Slowly, Taehyung reaches forward and shakes Jungkook's shoulder. Jungkook doesn't budge, still fast asleep. Taehyung almost forgets how much of a heavy sleeper his best friend is. There are only two known methods to wake him up, currently. 

1. Pinch his s.

2. Shower him with kisses.

Taehyung reaches for the s.

Jungkook flinches instinctively as he's being touched there. Taehyung doesn't even get to pinch yet. As soon as his hand lands on Jungkook's chest, Jungkook's eyes shoot open and he slaps Taehyung's hand away.

"Argg!!" He groans and buries his face in the pillow.

Taehyung chuckles at the reaction, so innocent and pure of rage. He's fully aware that Jungkook doesn't like to be awakened by this but it's fun to go there once in a while. After all, they kiss too frequently that the thought of waking up by it might even exhaust Jungkook even more.

"Good morning," Taehyung lies back down next to Jungkook. "When did you come last night?"

Jungkook lifts his face up and turns to his best friend, "Around 12? Or 3-ish, I'm not sure."

"Did you get your work done?"

Jungkook starts grinning, his sleepy eyes close cutely.

"It's done."

"What is it about?"

"It's a surprise. You'll see it soon. Probably today, if I'm not wrong." Jungkook holds the smile back and asks, "Do you have a photo shoot today?"

Taehyung nods.

"Great! Today, it is!" And just like that, Jungkook leans in and plants a kiss on Taehyung's forehead. And then he heads into the washroom.

Taehyung gets up and goes get dressed.

 

 

Jungkook makes them pancakes instead of going to eat outside. Taehyung still doesn't understand Jungkook's schedule. He has thought an intern would need to be at work early and leave a little later than everyone, but that isn't Jungkook's case. It's past 9 now and Jungkook is still lazily nibbling his pancake, playing around with the strawberries and the honey he has poured all over the plate. 

"Eat up. Don't you have to get to work?"

"Just a minute, baby. I don't have to clock in until 11."

"Oh," 

"But I do have to go to class around..." Jungkook reads his watch, "Now."

"I'm on a break," Taehyung says. "My final is next week. Do you think I'll do well?"

"Tae. You'll ace it. You're the brain among us. Everything you do turns out great!"

Taehyung smiles as he finishes his breakfast, with Jungkook stuffing his mouth so that he can get to class in time. So messy, as always. Taehyung reaches forward and wipes the honey off the edge of Jungkook's lips. When he it off his thumb right after, Jungkook points at him with a warning look.

"Did you learn that from Namjoon?"

Taehyung simply nods.

"Do not do that to anyone else." Jungkook says. "No one but me."

"What if Jimin dirtied his mouth while eating?"

"You tell him to wipe it off. Tell him orally. With words." Jungkook leans down just enough so that they are facing each other, their nose brushing against one another's. "Okay, babe?"

Taehyung smiles and nods. Jungkook plants a quick kiss on his lips before he leaves to get to class.

 

-

 

The situation at the studio seems a bit hectic today. For some reason, Jungkook has been assigned as a model assistant and he's been taking a nap on one of the couches while Taehyung and Namjoon are getting their makeup and hair done. No one pays attention to the lazy intern, which seems to be the case recently. Taehyung texts Jungkook multiple times until the vibration of his phone wakes him up. He squints at the screen and then looks up at Taehyung who is already looking at him.

Taehyung smiles at him and gestures him to come to him. Jungkook takes his time.

"What's up?"

"Don't nap!" Taehyung hisses. He sneaks a glance at his make-up artist to make sure she's not paying attention to their talk. "Your superior is going to see and scold you!"

Jungkook yawns, nods, and then leans down. Taehyung leans away, eyes wide.

"..." Jungkook blinks, looking at his best friend through the mirror instead, "What's wrong?"

"People."

Jungkook straightens up and walks back to his couch. Right on cue, Jimin burst through the door and starts yelling for some charger. When no one has it, he heads straight for Jungkook. The two of them have always been friendly to one another, but Jimin seems to be in a foul mood today and starts yanking Jungkook's collar with such an expression only hungry animals can relate. Jungkook mutters something in return before he leaves the room, rolling his eyes along the way. 

Namjoon nudges Taehyung, muttering under his breath, "Did you two fight?"

"Who? Me and Jimin?"

"No, the other one!"

"Jungkook?"

Namjoon nods.

Taehyung frowns. Why would Namjoon think he and Jungkook are fighting? They aren't the one yanking at each other's collar.

"No, we're good. Why?"

Namjoon shrugs, then, but the look on his face indicates he really wants to keep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter