Love is a Lie

The Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Whatever happened in this chapter, know that I love you all >.< Enjoy reading!!! *run and hide*

 

Their small rift may lead to a big crack, something Jungkook has been hoping it wouldn't. For some reason, the crack didn't actually start from Taehyung (as per popular belief). All it took was five magic words from the mouth of a young, reckless, hot-headed owner of an agency.

You are the problem, Taehyung!

Needless to say, Jeon Jungkook has ed up his own life and he can't put the blame on anyone this time.

It would be a lie to say people weren't that surprised to learn about the fall of the couple. They had expected Jungkook and Taehyung to make up soon. After all, they're Jungkook and Taehyung.

But things were ugly, this time. They both knew it.

It went down, roughly, like this:

It has been two days since the paparazzi blast of Taehyung's and Bogum's photos and Jungkook has been actively avoiding his own boyfriend instead of facing the matter and maybe trying to deal with it like an adult (not saying he's fully an adult but for someone who has been acting like one since he's 16, he should have known better). Instead, Jungkook decides the best thing he can do is to reject Taehyung's phone calls and to simply reply the messages with a lame excuse of 'I'm out of town on an assignment, c u l8er' without even any emoji attached at the end. Some other people might get the feel of distance or a gut feeling that they were being avoided, but poor Taehyung has not a clue.

Some can say he trusts Jungkook too much. (That 'some' is Jimin.)

"He might really be busy, you don't know him." Taehyung gives Jimin a stern look, though he doesn't sound so sure himself.

"Tae, he's mad," Jimin sighs. "Think about it. Ever since the photos came out, Jungkook's gone MIA. If he's not mad at you, then what?"

"He's away working,"

"What work? He's the owner of thi-" Jimin stops himself with an exasperated sigh. As much as he'd love to just say it upfront, he decides it's best that Taehyung hear it directly from his little boyfriend. "Words of advice," Jimin says instead. "Put out this fire before it spreads. I'm speaking from experience."

Taehyung nods, but little of Jimin's words get to his head. He knows Jungkook—if Jungkook's mad about something, he'll confront it, not hide from it.

And little does Taehyung know, Jungkook really isn't mad about this situation. Oh no, he isn't.

He's insecure.

 

-

 

"Working from home?"

Jungkook jumps in his seat when his mother sneaks up behind him. He barely shuts his laptop lid on time. He hopes she hasn't spotted Taehyung's pictorial he's been silently gushing over.

"Uh, yes, mom," Jungkook clears his throat. "Also, because they have noona at the company, so I'm pretty unneeded."

"No one is unneeded," his mom sits down beside him. "Especially not my little boy. Did someone make you feel that way? Give me their full name, I just want to talk."

"Mom,"

"I'm just kidding. That's my kidding tone. Did you catch it?"

"How can I miss it,"

His mom chuckles. They both sit in silence for a while, with unspoken words filling the room and this eerie feeling that Jungkook can't quite put his finger on. It's like he's missing out on something so obvious and he has no idea where to begin looking for it.

"Something's bothering you," his mom says after a moment.

Jungkook shakes his head, but he ends up nodding a second later.

His mother reaches out to pat his hair, her touch soft and warm and gentle and it reminds him of how long it has been since he last felt the physical love from his parents.

"It is love?"

Jungkook slowly nods.

"If the love is real, you'll never lose it. If it's not, you'll never have it no matter how tight you hold on to it. Remember that. And when things are unsure, choose yourself."

"Mom,"

"Obviously, I'm a hopeless romantic, so don't take any of my words seriously. I'm sure you have your own ways to love. Kids these days love in a way elders like me can't comprehend." His mother smiles and takes his hands like she knows something Jungkook doesn't even have to say out loud. Maybe she does. "I just want you to be happy, my precious boy."

He turns to his mom just in time she stands up and walks away. When he's all alone again, Jungkook dials his sister's number. The first call goes unanswered, and Jungkook tries a few more times until she picks up.

She sounds tired.

"Get to the point. I'm busy,"

"Did you tell mom about Taehyung?" Jungkook demands quickly.

There's a sigh.

"Can you, like, have faith in me for more than a week? Would that kill you?"

"Ugh, I don't know. Mom's just acting weird."

"Elaborate." Haneul says almost too quickly.

"I don't know exactly, okay? It's just... she's talking to me about love and how she's a hopeless romantic and told me to choose myself when things are . Does that sound weird to you?"

There's a long pause before his sister responds, "It does."

"Is it about me and Tae? Did you tell her anything?"

"It's not about you, or Taehyung." His sister sounds calm, now, no rush in her tone any longer. "And no, I never told her or anyone anything."

"Then, do you know what's going on here?"

"I'm not a snitch, Jungkook."

 

-

 

It turns out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter