Out of Sight

The Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haneul visits the hospital again the next morning but she's told the patient has moved to the VIP wing and restricts all visitation. She tries her brother's number but he won't pick up. She tries multiple times until her ears get sore.

Having no other way to reach him, Haneul leaves Jungkook a message:

I'm sorry.

I shouldn't have said that to you. I know you've been through a lot these past few weeks. I'm with you, Jungkook. I'm always with you. I'm sorry again for what I said. I have not been myself lately and I know that's no excuse to treat you that way. I wish to be a better sister for you, as you are the best brother for me. 

I love you, my little one!

Do rest a lot and recover fast. I'll be here with the biggest hug when you forgive me :(

She goes back to their company after that.

 

-

 

"Is that her again?" Jimin asks when Jungkook's phone goes off for the hundredth time. Jungkook, who sneaks a peek at the screen, shrugs with a neutral face. "Seriously, dude. You should answer her calls. She might be in real danger."

Jungkook shrugs again, "She'll be fine. I'm the only one in our family who does dangerous s for attention."

Yoongi sighs and lays back against the couch. He's questioning why he's sitting here, in this room, listening to Jungkook and Jimin bickering about some misunderstanding that really has nothing to do with Jimin or Yoongi himself whatsoever. Jimin is so lucky Yoongi loves him, otherwise he'd be OUT of there the first second.

"She's stressed out!" Jimin cries out in frustration. "She's a working woman. She handles both her own and your job! And with what's going on in your family—the poor lady must be juggling problems left and right! Cut her some slack, Jungkook."

Jungkook glares at the light-haired model who is too kind for his own good. 

"You're only taking her side because she's paying your bills."

"Uh, not true! I'm an unbiased man!"

"If you were me," Jungkook starts. "And your family is in shambles and your one and only true love no longer wants you and the only person you have left is your sister who accused you as she did me, how would you feel, huh?" 

"There were too many and's," Jimin mumbles. He turns to Yoongi, then, who seems to be caught off guard with the sudden attention. "Help me out here!"

Yoongi purses his lips, "Wish I knew how!"

"I'm going to dump you!"

The photographer sits up straighter, "If you dumped me because of Jungkook's life drama, I swear to god I will wreck that kid."

Jimin gestures Jungkook to look at Yoongi, then, "See? We don't want that to happen, do we?"

Jungkook sighs and lays back into his hospital bed, "You two need to leave my room before I call security."

"Oh, alright!" Jimin stands up, brushing his hands against his clothes as if to dust off dust. "You keep pushing people away and then complain about having no one. When you're sad and lonely, I hope this VIP room can cure that!"

"Jimin," Yoongi calls, trying to meddle, finally. "He literally has 13 fresh stitches on his forehead. Let the man breath."

"Right?" Jungkook sits up again. "It's gonna leave a scar!"

"Don't get me wrong, Jungkook," Jimin says, "I keep saying I hate you and not on your side but I really don't hate you. But you're acting dumb again,"

Jungkook points to his forehead, "Scar!"

Jimin grabs his bag and pulls Yoongi to come along, "Fine, then. I hope it will be the biggest ing scar ever!"

When he's all alone, Jungkook picks up his phone. He sees a few messages from Namjoon and one from Jin, then the last and longest one from his sister. He reads it a few times, each time chokes him up a bit. He tries to soothe his voice before he presses call.

His sister picks up at the second ring.

"So... my hug?" Jungkook sniffs to the phone.

 

-

 

Jungkook grunts when the nurse informs him Kim Seokjin and Kim Namjoon have asked for access approval. He grunts once more when the two love birds show up in his room looking all cozy and in love and all that .

"What, so now people only visit me in pairs? What's next? Taehyung and Bogum coming together?"

"Just in case you've hit your head too hard," Namjoon raises his hand. "Bogum is not Taehyung's boyfriend, nor is Taehyung Bogum's."

"Yeah but I saw them in the hall," Jin says disinterestedly. "They couldn't come in 'cause apparently Jungkook blacklisted them."

"Can you blame me?" Jungkook huffs and attempts to get out of his bed. Namjoon gives him a hand while Jin watches.

"Are you that petty still?" 

"I'm not petty!" Jungkook whines. "Ever heard of 'out of sight out of mine'?"

"That's unhealthy, Kook." Namjoon comments.

Jungkook hisses and dramatically pushes Namjoon's hands off him. He walks to the window and looks out, feeling the heat of the sun on his skin. He doesn't reply or add anything anymore and just stands there. After a moment, Jin walks up to him and puts a hand on his shoulder.

"Are you okay?"

Jungkook nods. Of course he's okay. He's not dead yet, is he? 

"Got a mild concussion, a sprained wrist and muscles pain but other than that, I'm fine."

"We can literally see the bandaid on your body, who are you trying to fool?" Namjoon murmurs. 

Jungkook lets out an exasperated sigh, "Maybe don't visit me next time. That would make me feel better."

"How can we not, Jungkook? You're Namjoon's boss. I am romantically obligated to tag along,"

Jungkook glares at Jin but honestly, he's glad they're here for him though he won't ever say that. 

"Oh, Jungkook?" Namjoon seems to just remember something. He seems eager to talk one moment, then he doesn't. Jungkook frowns at that, sensing something in the air. In the corner of his eyes, he spots Jin signaling Namjoon something.

"What?"

"Nothing," Namjoon mumbles. Jungkook straightens himself up. He hears Jin sighs loudly. He turns to the older male, then,

"What is it?"

Jin shuts his eyes, "It can wait."

"No, tell me now."

"Do you not watch the news?" Namjoon blurts suddenly, leading Jin to curse aloud. Namjoon looks apologetic at that but he still proceeds to take out his phone and searching for the said news for Jungkook. Once he finds it, he hands his phone over.

Jungkook stares at the screen for a moment without being able to understand a single word. But then his focus returns and he can make out the title.

[Former Mrs. Jeon ill? Sources reported a hospital stay outside the country - the real reason behind the sudden divorce?]

He looks at his mom's picture the media uses. She was smiling in her rose gold dress; Jun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter