He's Mine

The Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The look on Mr. Lee's face was skeptical if not comical. His lips twitch the moment Jungkook finishes speaking, the sparkle in his eyes has been replaced with an abyss of hopelessness and confusion.

"Sorry to burst your bubble but, no offense, you're not a celebrity."

"I own an agency," Jungkook shrugs as if that fact alone can solve math equations, bring world peace, boost his GPA, cleanse his soul, make his crops flourish and bring Jesus back to life.

"And I'm young." He adds simply.

"Tempting but still not a celeb."

Jungkook turns to his sister momentarily, rolling his eyes only to gain an even bigger eyeroll from her.

"I could be a celeb."

Mr. Lee settles into one of the unoccupied chairs and keep his focus on the young boss.

"I'm listening."

"Kay, so," the young boss takes a deep breath. "So, maybe I can try and become a model and the agency can, like, back me the hell up, put me in spotlights, media play the out of me and then like a few months later, we'll announce that Taehyung and I-" 

He doesn't know at what point have they stopped listening to him, but now that he looks up and his sister is nodding at something Mr. Lee is telling her, Jungkook realizes he's been talking to nobody.

"As I was saying, Miss Skylar, I think Park Bogum is a great choice." Mr. Lee shows a picture of the man in subjet. "He's fresh and handsome and his image is clean. His company is also on my waiting list."

"I like Bogum, he's a sweet guy." His sister replies, taking the picture Lee hands to her. "I've met him once. I approve-"

"Sis!!" 

"Quiet." She turns back to Mr. Lee. "I approve of him. Whatever else you need, let me know."

"Wait, hold up." Jungkook basically yanks the picture away to get the attention he deserves. Once he has both his sister and the head of PR watching him, he heaves a heavy breath. "I mean it, okay?"

"About what?"

"About being Taehyung's fake public boyfriend or whatever. It doesn't have to be fake."

"Jungkook ah," Haneul softens her tone. "You said you know how to differentiate between work and real life. This is work."

"And I'm trying to help! This is my company too, sis. I only want the best for everyone involves."

"Right," Haneul nods at Mr. Lee. "Proceed with Park Bogum, then."

"Wait!"

Another heavy sigh.

"Jungkook, ah..."

Jungkook raises his hands in surrender manner as he says quickly,

"I'd like to change up my intern image."

His big sister rolls her eyes for the hundredth time.

Jungkook adds, "I'd like to try management area."

"Done."

"No, I mean," he regards his sister with a grin that gives her anxiety and keep her on the edge of her seat. "I want to be a manager. Specifically for Kim Taehyung."

Mr. Lee may or may not have let out a squeal.

 

-

 

"After all I've been through!" Yoongi whines, already standing up to leave but Jungkook yanks him back, sending him crashing into the soft cushion. Hoseok, who is sitting next to him, only watches with a clear disinterest on his face.

"I'd rather you keep me out of this," the designer says. "But since I'm here now anyway, what is your plan again?"

Jungkook runs his fingers through his messy hair, his shirt wrinkled and ed. It seems he has slept in his office last night. He looks to the two males who know his real identity.

"They insist getting Tae a boyfriend," he starts. "And since Jimin and Namjoon are already taken by non-celeb, they want Taehyung to be with someone who is famous and can gather attention."

"Yeah and this brat here said he'd do it." Yoongi says like an angry dad. Jungkook shuts his eyes, feeling his temple throbs in pain. 

"Okay, but why the fuzz?" Hoseok asks. "I mean, what's wrong with that? It's not Taehyung doesn't know you. You two have been more married than most married couples these days."

"The fuzz is Taehyung doesn't know I run JS. And they refuse to let me be his public boyfriend, so unprofessional of them. I resort to the only solution I have, which is to put myself in the spotlight by being his manager. And when the timing is right, I'll make us public." 

The look on Hoseok's face as he realizes that the real problem isn't getting Taehyung to agree to a fake relationship but to have him be in a fake public relationship while juggling a jealous and possessive young boss in private and that might end up in a public scandal just so Jungkook can get his man is justified.

Hoseok lets out a pent up sigh.

"You're pretty ed up, Jeon Jungkook."

Yoongi gestures at his friend, eyes wide as if to amplify what Hoseok has just said.

Jungkook sighs, too.

"I call you guys here to help me think, not stress me out even more. I already have my sister for that."

"My suggestion," Yoongi's deep voice speaks calmly, contrasting to the expression he's wearing. "Don't lie to him. Don't put him into a relationship with someone else and then follow him everywhere like you own him. I lied to Jimin and look where it got me. Sure, we're together now, but the times we spent apart hurting by ourselves shouldn't have been there in the first place. You, my friend, have the chance to do it right. So for your own sake and for Taehyung's, don't lie."

Yoongi reaches and places a hand on Jungkook's shoulder,

"Be honest with him. Be as honest as you can. He can't love you if he can't trust you. And it will hurt."

"Now that we've established that," Hoseok clears his throat and nudges Yoongi. Whatever little moment the photographer and the young boss may have had earlier is now gone, replaced by a shrill voice from an equally energetic man.

"Yoongi, do you have Suran's number?"

A smile slowly creeps onto Yoongi's face and he turns to give Jungkook a look. The same smile appears on Jungkook.

Hoseok sighs, adding quickly, "What, no. Stop it, you two. I just want to thank her for including me in her Top 10 Promising Designers To Look Forward To post."

"Oh~" Yoongi grins. "She's a great writer, it's a fact. And her blog posts are all well-researched."

"Uh huh,"

"But... anything else, Hoseok?"

"Yoongi, come on."

Jungkook leans forward, his elbows on his knees as he regards Hoseok closer and spots the faint blush on the designer's cheeks.

"Does Jung Hoseok have a crush?"

"Y-yah!" Hoseok cups his own cheeks and avoids eye contact from the two. He takes his time before he speaks again, this time softly. "One of the designers she mentioned may or may not have caught my interest."

"Oh?" Yoongi's creepy smile returns in addition to Jungkook's lewd expression.

Hoseok huffs a breath to his fallen hair, face hot as he asks again. "Do you have it or not?"

"Duh," Yoongi nods. "She's my friend."

"Okay but," Jungkook jumps in. "Which designer?"

"Jeon Jungkook, no." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter