Writing to the Moon

The Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook never says it, but Taehyung is his moon. Moon has its phrases; sometimes it's full and all happy, some other times it's hidden behind clouds and sad—and that's his Kim Taehyung. 

He remembers Taehyung used to get upset whenever he heard people complimented their lover as flowers, the stars, or whatever. And he would whine to Jungkook, saying stuff like he wanted to be called something beautiful too. And all those times, Jungkook just smiled.

Because only he knows Taehyung is his moon.

One and only.

He's the light that pulls Jungkook out of his darkness. He keeps Jungkook grounded and sane, and he's ing beautiful. Just—everything about him makes Jungkook stutter. But Taehyung never believes he's beautiful and that's sad. Literally, he turns heads when he walks into a room. The fact that he never realizes it scares Jungkook a lot because what if one day someone tells him he's beautiful and suddenly he believes them even though Jungkook has been telling him the same thing for years? What if Taehyung believes the other person more and no longer cares about what Jungkook has to say?

The thought always wakes him up at night.

And now he's here. And Taehyung's there. They are miles apart. Nothing's keeping him in check with what Taehyung might be up to now, who he may go out with when he's bored, who he will bring home when he's all lonely and cold.

Sometimes Jungkook can barely stop himself from flying back to him. He knows he tries to act all brave and jump on the move-on-be-happy bull, but if he's given just a tiny bit of chance, he will always go back to that person.

His person.

His moon.

He's been scrolling through the timeline a lot and to be fair, he's really begging for this pain. He is greeted with yet another series of love posts and sweet captions, and that makes him sick a little because how come when they were together he'd never thought of showing Taehyung off like this?

He was really stupid. 

Enough of the view, Jungkook tossed his phone to the side and instead grabs his pen and notebook and starts pouring down his heartbreaks all over the pages—just like every other time he misses Taehyung. Ever since he's settled down in the new city, he's been occupying himself with the new habit, and in time, he manages to miss Taehyung a little less.

 

If life was a movie

I'd be your favorite actor

You'd be my favorite scene

You'd be my favorite chapter

My eyes never left the screen

Since I saw you, the one I've been after

 

I need you back.

 

Drop. Drop.

He wipes his tears before more drops can damage his writing.

Yoongi suggests using those words he's written and putting them into song lyrics, and honestly Jungkook doesn't care about anything else enough as long as he can get these words to that person.

 

Jungkook tells himself not to wanders too much on social media because he sees enough things he doesn't want to see, but the rebellious part of his brain still takes him to that one profile and he hates himself every time. He also hates Min Yoongi because he keeps saying the right thing. How dare he!

 

-

 

Jungkook's life for the last 4 months has been quite serene. He's travelled around a few countries the first 2 months, ignoring everyone's attempt at reaching out because he was a little . He's made a few friends along the way and they all have been nothing but kind, offering advice and places to stay. One even offereed to help Jungkook enroll into their university in China. It was tempting but in the end Jungkook came back to Japan to where his dad is.

Jungkook spends the last 2 months trying to convince his dad he doesn't need to go to university, and he's never won. He tried to say that his Japanese isn't great, and his dad only countered that the course will be taught in English.

"But my English is even worse!" He tried again.

"Then suffer in silence." His dad mumbled back.

Mr. Jeon personally dragged his son to register for a course and saw to it that Jungkook actually attends each class. Life is a bit hard for Jeon Junior but he will manage.

Only after he's settled down a bit that he starts returning all the calls. His sister is pissed, and Jimin is even more difficult to cam down. But it all works out in the end. The first call is always the hardest, after all.

 

-

 

Out of all their friends, Yoongi is the one Jungkook keeps the closest touch with. Partly due to the fact that Yoongi is overseeing his lyrics drafts and sending them to one of his friends in a music agency. There hasn't been a good response yet, and Jungkook isn't in a hurry either.

 

[10: 34] Yoongi hyung:

I sent then your last draft

They said it was good ???

 

[10:36] Jungkook

Why the ???

Are you that doubtful of me?

 

[10: 37] Yoongi hyung:

NO

I'm just surprised

Your achievement just feels so personal ?? to me ??

The I'm tearing up

 

[10:39] Jungkook

Now u make me tear up

STOP!!

 

[10: 40] Yoongi hyung:

You're gonna be ing famous

UWUWUWUWUUUU

 

[10:41] Jungkook

Great

U just killed the mood

 

[10: 40] Yoongi hyung:

:P

 

[10: 48] Yoongi hyung:

Jungkook?

 

[10:48] Jungkook

Yeah hyung?

 

[10: 49] Yoongi hyung:

Will you ever come back?

 

[10:52] Jungkook

Of course.

 

[10:58] Jungkook

I can't run away forever :)

 

-

-

 

Taehyung jerks awake, his hair damp with sweat. He is panting due to some reasons, mouth dry. He looks at the clock on his nightstand, 2:30 it says. There are still a few more hours before his magazine photoshoot and he just doesn't understand why he's so nervous. He's done this a hundred times before.

Laying back down, he grabs his phone and mindlessly searches for things to ease his mind and try to get back to sleep. He goes to his social media timeline, scrolling through the comments and likes of random pictures. Then he sees his hyung's names commenting on an account with a very familiar name.

Justin.JJK

Taehyung's heart clenches when he clicks on the pro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter