Out of Mind

The Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The peace doesn't last long.

During the night of the fashion show, another problem in the form of a famous public figure shows up. Her name is Kim Jisoo and Jimin hates how much he can't seem to find her flaw.

She is the invited guest for the show—Hoseok's and her company are apparently collaborating, and she is one of his brand ambassadors. She's quite well-known in the industry and pretty famous for being polite.

Jimin hates how much he fails at hating her.

And he hates how much she looks at Taehyung during the after-party, and Taehyung just stupidly returns all the smiles every time he looks her way.

By the end of the party, before she left, Kim Jisoo had approached and greeted Taehyung. As a junior in the industry, Taehyung stupidly gave her his number and Jimin hates that because now they're texting and Taehyung hasn't had such a big and genuine smile on his face for a while now.

Jimin hates everything that has to do with this situation—Hoseok's the start of it all because he hosts this freaking amazing show and now look, Taehyung has a girlfriend!

Jimin doesn't even try to act like he's happy for his friend when Taehyung told everyone about him and Jisoo.

"Wait, I know her!" Hoseok chimes up cheerfully. "She's my brand ambassador. She's really cute!"

Taehyung smiles at that.

"How long have you two been together?" Jin sounds calm, which Jimin hates!

"We're not officially going out yet but..." Taehyung trails off. Everyone knows about them despite them not officially confirming their relationship. Their social media feed has been nothing but subtle.

"We're getting there. It's only been 3 weeks." He says finally.

"Wow, 3 weeks." Namjoon tries to sound excited. "3 weeks is a lot of time. You can do a lot in 3 weeks, get to know plenty of things!"

Jimin sips his drink to stop himself from saying something he might regret. Taehyung seems happy, he should honor that.

 

-

 

 

-

 

On their way home, Yoongi finally asks him. Jimin lets it all out.

"It's not fair,"

"What's not fair?"

"Yoongi!" Jimin sighs. "He's doing this on purpose! He goes around from one partner to the other because he wants to fill in the hole in his heart left by Jungkook. You can't seriously believe he moves on that fast!"

Yoongi nods, "Maybe you're right. But don't you think Taehyung needs this to fully heal? After all, the best medicine for a broken heart is another mending heart."

"Who said that? That's stupid."

"All I'm saying, baby, is to let Taehyung do this. Let him heal himself. If you keep finding issues in his ways, he may not include us in the healing process next time."

Jimin has both his arms across his chest in protest, lips purse in annoyance.

"And..." Yoongi continues. "If you wanna monitor the pair that much, then monitor Jungkook too. Who knows? He might be out and about with someone across the sea and you don't even know."

"I would meddle if he picks up my calls!"

"We don't want Taehyung to ignore your calls too, now, do we?"

That calms Jimin a bit, maybe even scares him.

"No, I don't want that."

"Then it's settled. Let Taehyung live his life, and Jungkook live his. And when the ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter