Best Friends

The Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're kidding me," Taehyung deadpans. He stares at the luggage next to Jungkook's feet, then makes his way up until he faces the young boss face to face again. Jungkook has a grin on his face, which Taehyung hates so much because how dare he be so happy like this!

"Sorry I'm late guys," Jungkook waves at everyone. Park Bogum waves back, totally oblivious about the tension between his public model boyfriend and the ex-boyfriend standing in front of him. Poor Park Bogum doesn't know what storm's about to hit him...

Bogum and his team are going through their list of outfits and props one more time as they wait for the photographer to arrive. Their plane will take off in about 90 minutes; therefore, they will go on board soon.

Taehyung lets out a frustrated sigh.

"You're following me now?"

Jungkook perks up, eyes wide in pretense surprise.

"Whaaaat? Me??"

"Jungkook."

"Hey," Jungkook chuckles, which is both awkward and inappropriate. "I'm your manager, remember? You need me along on trips like this."

"You're not my real manager," Taehyung rolls his eyes. Seriously, until when does Jungkook insist on using this card? It's not like the cat hasn't been out of the bag yet or anything.

"Actually, I am."

"You're not,"

Jungkook pulls out his name card and hands it over to Taehyung.

"This says here that I am the Acting Chief Executive Officer of JS Agency, which means, legally, I am your manager."

Taehyung rolls his eyes so hard he can see the back of his head.

"This is a private vacation, Jungkook." The model sighs.

"Then, don't mind me. I'm just coincidentally going to the same place as you."

Another eye roll.

"You can't keep following me forever."

"Actually, I can."

"This is not a challenge, Jungkook."

Jungkook grins, and that only means one thing. Taehyung lets out yet another sigh and turns to the other side. He plugs in his earphones and turns up his music volume. He can't wait to get unnecessary headaches from an overprotective, slightly annoying, whom he still very much cares about but will never admit, ex-boyfriend of his.

They board the plane soon after, which only makes things worse than they already are when Jungkook ends up in a seat next to Taehyung. Oh, and Min Yoongi's presence actually helps a little. When he arrives (he'll be the photographer for Bogum CF shoot, which Jungkook has no idea about), he greets Taehyung and gives Jungkook a warning head-to-toe stare and that puts Jungkook off his brat mode a bit.

"Tae?" Yoongi taps Taehyung's headrest gently.

Taehyung turns to the back seat, earphones out, "Yeah, hyung?"

"You wanna switch seats with me?"

Taehyung glances at the tense young man in the seat next to him, and then he sighs.

"It's okay, hyung. I'm going to take a nap anyway."

Yoongi nods and both of them go back to their own way of coping with the flight.

Jungkook's mood is dampened a little but he doesn't let it get to him. He's determined to win the love of his life back and he's going to do anything to achieve it. He won't stray with just mere words said out of anger.

"Have a good nap," he murmurs, but when he turns, he finds Taehyung already has his back toward him and his earphones plugged in. He sighs and decides to take a nap himself.

 

When he comes to be again, something is poking his thigh. He opens his eyes to find Taehyung staring at him.

"Huh?"

"We landed."

"Oh..."

"Move your legs a bit. I can't get out."

"Huh- oh! Okay!"

"Why are you blessed with long limbs but not me?" Yoongi chimes in from the back, jealousy clearly in his tone. "Brats don't deserve it."

Jungkook sees Yoongi struggling to bring his bag from the overhead compartment and he rushes to help. Taehyung helps, too, and for a moment the three of them feel like old friends again.

There's a team waiting for Bogum at the arrival terminal, and soon the actor's entourage goes ahead to their hotel first. Yoongi, Taehyung don't have any ride and that's the golden chance for Jungkook.

"Hey guys, my car is over there." He points.

Taehyung stares poker face. "And what about it?"

"Uh, I'll drive you?"

"What makes you think I wanna go with you?"

Somewhere at the back, Yoongi snickers.

 

-

 

They travel to their hotel in 2 cars. Yoongi and Taehyung take a taxi while they leave Jungkook alone with his expensive sports car. Taehyung chooses a room on a different floor from Bogum's team since he doesn't want Bogum's fans having any wild idea about his presence here on the island. Besides, Taehyung isn't here for Bogum. He's here for himself, an attempt to get away from the crazy modeling life in the city, as well as a subtle escape from ... the one.

But it seems the plan is doomed to fail since the very beginning because Taehyung forgets to consider the connections Jungkook has inside the company; therefore, he knows everything Taehyung wants to do.

"What's your room number?" Jungkook pulls Taehyung out of his inner ramble. The model turns to give his former lover a look.

"Don't be a stalker."

"Not trying to but I think our rooms are across each other,"

"What? No way!"

Taehyung quickly checks his key and without a doubt, the number on his and on Jungkook's indicate they are on the same floor. So the possibility of having opposite rooms...

The model lets out a long side and rubs his temple. Jungkook chuckles to himself with the unsaid fact that he has book the entire floor to make sure he gets Taehyung to himself. Well... is it creepy if you're rich?

Taehyung turns before he enters his room to Jungkook who is watching him from his side of the door. The model points his index finger,

"I don't want any disturbance. I'm here to relax."

Jungkook salutes, putting his hand to his temple. "Yes, sir!"

But both him and Taehyung himself know that that's not going to happen. Relax? What is that? Jungkook doesn't know her.

 

-

 

As it turns out, Park Bogum really comes here for work and has nothing to do with Taehyung. But of course Jungkook isn't going t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter