The Truth Untold

The Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don't know what went over me," Jungkook admits to his sister. She has listened to his story without any interruption, allowing him to pour his heart out about his relationship and how he really feels about it all. He really loves Taehyung, but one miscalculated moment and now he loses him.

He hopes it's not forever. He can't live happily without Taehyung.

"Maybe you knew what was going to happen in our family before you were even sure about it and it stressed you out too much,"

"I did have my suspicion, but nothing like this."

Haneul keeps her arms over her brother and lets him rest his head on her chest. She misses her little sibling so much. She remembers they used to run around the house trying to put each other into a headlock like it was yesterday. They grow up too fast, in a society of pretense and silence pain, within a family of work and immense wealth that make you forget what living really means. Their parents have never been bad parents—but they could do better. Much, much better than this. Haneul wants to help Jungkook so bad. She wishes she knew how.

"I can talk to Taehyung, if you want,"

"No," Jungkook says tiredly. "He doesn't know about us yet. At least, I don't think he knows for sure. I-" he inhales a deep breath. "I'll solve my own problem, one by one."

Jungkook looks up at his sister, "I'll win him back."

 

-

 

2 days after the divorce news hits the public, Jungkook returns to work and is immediately bombarded by Jimin and Yoongi. He has to shut them into his office before they draw anymore attention than they already do.

"What happened?"

"Is it true?"

"How are you feeling?"

"How's everything at home?"

"Can we help with anything?"

"Have you talked to Taehyung yet?"

Jungkook looks up at the last question. Jimin clears his throat quickly.

"I mean," the model begins. "He knows about the news, but does he know it's your family? He would want to know, Jungkook, considering what you are to him."

Jungkook sighs and plops onto the couch. Jimin and Yoongi follow.

"Talk to him," Jimin tries again. "He stops sulking now."

"That's not the problem, Jimin,"

"What is the problem, then?"

"The fact that you threw the b-word at him like it's nothing?" Yoongi tries and Jungkook physically winces.

"That," Jungkook nods. "But also the fact that he did upset me too. You can't just tell me to apologize. He should know he had done something wrong as well."

 

-

 

"He said that?" Taehyung stares at Jimin. Yoongi has left after sensing the tension, which was an excellent decision to make. "Like, he seriously said that?"

Jimin nods.

Taehyung scoffs, face red either with anger or embarrassment. "So what did I do wrong? Is having friends wrong now?"

"Don't get mad at me, I'm just a messenger."

"Well, then, Jimin. Tell him this: he can go himself because I'm not going to apologize either. Because I wasn't wrong."

 

-

 

"Oh, wow," Jungkook rolls his eyes. "How dare he says that he wasn't wrong! Is getting a kiss from someone else while you're in a relationship isn't wrong? Do friends kiss each other?"

"But why are you so keen on claiming it was a kiss?" Jimin fires, getting pretty annoyed with the pair. "Did you even ask him?"

"I don't have to. It's clear what it was!"

"So you trust the media more than your own boyfriend? Is that it?"

Jungkook gapes in horror, "Whose side are you on?"

"Taehyung's, clearly."

 

-

 

The talk about Jungkook's parents has become the agency's go-to topic among the employees, and in time Taehyung also hears the full-story. People let their guard down and forget to censor Jungkook's name out of their conversation, making Taehyung suddenly feels like a fool for never even suspecting that maybe the young boyfriend of his belongs to an elite family. Not once has he ever questioned Jungkook for his lack of mention about his own family, and why Taehyung had never known about his siblings or parents at all.

But now everything's clear.

Jungkook and Haneul really are brother and sister, and Jungkook isn't just an intern with mixed responsibilities. He is simply the co-owner of this very agency who has been playing Taehyung for a fool for the past years that they have known each other.

Taehyung locks himself in the bathroom stall after he manages to leave the room without anyone noticing, and he cries his eyes out right after.

He misses the photoshoot that day. The client isn't happy about his tardiness but Taehyung doesn't really have any left to give, so he just grabs his things and dazzles out of the dressing room. Jimin tries to follow but the make-up artist holds him down like a little puppy. That manages to put a small smile on Taehyung's face before he leaves.

"See you tomorrow," he waves at his friend. Jimin can see the sadness in Taehyung's eyes and he hates not being able to do anything to ease it.

"See you, Tae. Text me if you need anything, yeah?"

Taehyung nods.

"Anything at all, Taehyung!!"

The door clicks shut and Jimin sighs. He turns to the side where Namjoon sits and they both share a knowing look. Someone gotta do something before both Jungkook and Taehyung drown themselves in sadness and unnecessary moping. They're Jungkook and Taehyung—they can get through this.

 

-

 

Taehyung halts when a pair of familiar loafers comes to his view. He looks up, and there he is—Jeon Jungkook,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter