Soul Partners

The Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook gets back the quiz paper and his eyes go wide to find B+ written in bold red pen at the top of his paper. 

"Wow," the same classmate from before peeks at his paper and exclaims. "How do you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Balancing school and social life, in addition to love life and nightlife? Like, how?"

Jungkook cranes his neck, a smile adorns his thin lips as he replies, "Sold my soul to Satan when I was 12."

His classmate howls and the professor gives him a death glare.

 

-

 

At lunchtime, Jungkook finds himself waiting for a call. He has not scheduled anything with anyone, but somehow he expects a certain boy to call and asks him to get lunch together. Tired of waiting, Jungkook calls first because, hey, this is the 21st century. Both sides gotta make some effort.

He waits as the call goes through but no one answers. When a female automatic voice tells him to leave a voicemail, Jungkook hangs up before he makes another call. His second also goes unanswered and paranoid Jungkook starts to panic, thinking something might have happened to his Taehyung. He was about to call someone else, probably his sister telling her to check up on Taehyung when a message from the boy puts him in a short-lived calmness.

 

[From: Baby boy]

In a meeting. Call you later

 

Jungkook eases into his seat, only to jump up in an instant later. Why is Taehyung in a meeting? With who?! His sister? Are they going through with the Park Bogum thing already? He dials his sister's number quickly, expecting her not to answer too but she does.

"Are you in a meeting with Taehyung??"

There's a sigh from the other end before his sister replies, "Wow. You're obsessed."

"I thought we'd agreed to give me some times first!"

"And I thought you understood that isn't a personal matter. Talk to you later, I'm busy."

Jungkook stares at the phone after being hung up on, his jaw hangs loose at the attitude. Seriously, can he go a day without having to be stressed out about anything?

He ditches the rest of his lectures and goes straight to the agency. He can't wait to tell Taehyung about his new intern position.

 

-

 

Jungkook goes about his life never expecting anything too much. He knows that expectations hurt, but he also knows that life would be boring without the casual stare at the not-so-subtle whisper of his friends who are sitting right next to him!

He turns just enough to give Park Jimin a disgusted glare.

"Anything you want to tell me?" Jimin asks in his annoying soft voice, making it hard for Jungkook to stay mad at him. Seriously, what is this man made of? He can't be real.

Jungkook chooses to remain quiet, which only fuels Jimin's annoying gene even more.

"Taehyung has been smiling so wide lately. Thought you should know," 

"Good for him," Namjoon says as soon as he walks into the room. Jimin sends him a subtle shake of his head and Namjoon only frowns at that, "Why? What's wrong?"

"Joon, not the time."

As if finally getting the memo, Namjoon presses his lips thinly and makes an awkward gesture toward the other corner of the room. When the tall model disappears, the smaller one scoots closer and practically shoving his face in front of Jungkook's.

"Are you two dating??"

Jimin in this moment reminds Jungkook of his young cousins who keep on following him around asking him if he has games on his phone.

He sighs.

"What did you tell Tae?"

"Me?" Jimin pretends to be surprised, his eyes open widely as he places a hand on his chest. "I never said anything. I'm a godchild."

"Right order of things," Jungkook starts. "Tell me your big mouth didn't say that."

"Oh, you think my mouth is big? It's all natural, you know. Kylie Jenner is shaking."

"Jimin, I'm not playing."

"Neither am I," Jimin grins. "So... you and Taehyung. Since when did you make it official?"

Jungkook pulls out his phone to read the time. Seriously, why does the meeting take so long? How many things do they need to talk to Taehyung? He's been sitting here for almost half an hour now, trying to dodge as many questions from Park Jimin as he can and his patience is running out, honestly.

He turns to the model in subject, then, and his voice low in his throat as he replies,

"Last week. Listen, I need to be careful each step I take from this moment onward or else I'll lose Taehyung forever. I need to know I can trust you before I answer anything. I'm not who I claim I am and you might hate me if I say it."

"So you're really JS's owner," Jimin mumbles, sending Jungkook backward in a taken aback manner. 

The young boss has his already big eyes even bigger in surprise, one hand cups at his mouth. Before he can ask, Jimin continues, quietly at that.

"Yoongi sleep-talks."

Jungkook grunts, the short answer is enough.

"Don't worry," Jimin adds. "I am a sensible human being. I can think logically and reasonably, and I am understanding and patience. I know everyone has stories they need time to tell, and I will wait for you to let me know."

"You're mad, aren't you?" Jungkook deadpans.

In an instant, Jimin's soft voice is replaced by something close to demonic, both his hands come up to Jung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter