Big Sister

The Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I can't believe you get couple items before Yoongi and I do," 

Today marks the nth times Park Jimin complains about things that Taehyung and Jungkook managed to do before him and his own boyfriend.

"Well," Taehyung tries to think of what to reply but he gets nothing. "At least you and Yoongi live together?"

"As if you and Jungkook aren't?"

Taehyung tilts his head at that. "We aren't. Jungkook lives with his parents. He only shows up at the penthouse occasionally."

"Penthouse," Jimin hisses to himself. "I'm still bitter about that. What 19 year-old has his own penthouse?"

"His parents bought it from a friend in need. They wouldn't want to rent it out to strangers so they gave it to their only son. It's all just good timings, Jimin."

"Look at you defending your cute boyfriend," Jimin shakes his head. "I'm just kidding. Don't let my salty opinion affects what you think of him." He leans in closer and lowers his voice then, "Trust your gut feelings, though. If it doesn't feel right, don't stay in it."

It's been no less than 10 minutes that Jimin has left the room, but Taehyung still can't stop thinking about what the other boy has said to him. It sounds like a warning, one that is subtle enough to pass as a joke if Taehyung hasn't listened close enough. But he has. So now he is here alone wondering just what it is Jimin tried hinting at. If he doesn't know better, he'd think Jimin doesn't trust Jungkook. This Jimin?? Can't be.

Maybe Taehyung's just thinking too much.

 

-

 

The next two weeks consist of mismatch schedules and Taehyung seeing Jungkook briefly before they both have to run to do their own things—with Jungkook having his final exam and Taehyung with school assignments and works. It's hard to deny that ever since the new of the relationship with Bogum broke out, Taehyung has been receiving more love calls and his rate also boosts up a bit. Now, among the three in-house models, Taehyung ranks first in workload and offers. Following second being Namjoon and his long legs and great expressions, and Jimin stays third. It's not that the last boy lacks anything to go up the bar, but Jimin has been very picky with the offers he gets and often time prefers to spend private time with his photographer boyfriend instead of accepting work. It's not surprising, considering how the couple seems too much in love to even care about anyone else in the room with them.

But Taehyung still doesn't get just how deeply in love they have to be to be able to choose each other over their work and passion like that. Now, while he loves Jungkook to death, he still wouldn't reject an offer if it can help him advance toward his goal. It's not selfish, Taehyung tells himself, it's called knowing what you want and how to get it.

That's why for the past two weeks, Taehyung's been juggling modeling and studying alone while his supposed manager deals with his own academic crisis and workload as an intern.

Talking about the internship, Taehyung wonders if Jungkook has passed the probation period yet or if he's still in the testing zone. Like, he seems to be doing everything at any given chance so what is his boundary exactly? What are intern's responsibilities? If Taehyung didn't know better, he'd think Jungkook owns the place to be working this much. But his Jungkook is still too young—only soon to be 20, he wouldn't know how to run a company or has the financial resource to do so.

Right?

Right.

Taehyung jerks out of his thoughts when he feels movements and hushed whispers. When he looks around, a woman is standing by the door. She's looking directly at him. All sleepiness washes away from Taehyung's system as he struggles to get on his feet.

Miss Cho approaches him.

"Exhausted?" She smiles at him. For some reason, her smile reminds him of Jungkook's. It's silly, he knows. Everything reminds him of Jungkook nowadays.

"Oh, I'm just-" he pauses and forgets what he's about to say when he meets her eyes. That's the boss he's talking to, he almost forgets the fact. "Hello, miss."

Miss Cho nods as an acknowledgment before she hands him a folder.

"Here's your pictures from last time. I figure you'd want to have them."

Browsing through the polished version, Taehyung's chest expands as he sees himself in those make-up and clothes and now looking like a different boy altogether.

When he looks up at Miss Cho again wanting to thank her, he meets with her serious gaze instead.

"Do you have a moment?"

Taehyung nods.

Miss Cho leads him out of the room, and Taehyung does not miss the murmuring that follows their absence.

 

It turns out, to Taehyung's surprise, Miss Cho has ordered too much food and she can't bear to let them all go to waste so she wants to feed another mouth and Taehyung just happens to be the first one to cross her mind. Both of them sit down in Cho's office, which is very nicely designed, Taehyung might add. She has her walls painted in maroon with black highlight, her floor covered with carpet which she explains to silent the footsteps since she hates the sound of heel clicking. Reasonable.

"Please sit," she gestures at the couch as she settles in the seat across from him.

Taehyung sits down, though he's still consciously watching himself and how he acts around his boss.

Cho smiles.

"Loosen up. I call you here for some bites, that's it. Don't think of me as your boss now. Think of me as an older sister. Call me Haneul, by the way."

"Haneul," Taehyung mumbles to himself.

Haneul starts digging into the food not long after, and soon Taehyung joins her. He hasn't had his breakfast yet so as soon as he tastes the first bite, he unknowingly moans. He doesn't notice Haneul's watchful eyes that are on him all these times.

"These taste really good! Can I know where you order them?"

"Oh," the lady boss swallows her food. "At the restaurant two blocks away? You know that one? I forgot the name, though."

"I don't know that one,"

"Should try it sometimes," she says to him. "They have really good desserts."

"I'll check it out."

"Taehyung?"

Taehyung sits up straighter suddenly, his chewing stops short and he forgets to watch his own expression as he looks up to his boss. She chuckles at his round cheeks and hands him a tissue to wipe his lips. He waits until he gulps down everything before she continues.

"So, tell me a little bit about yourself. Things that aren't written in your public profile."

Taehyung blinks at h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter