Just Friends

The Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Japan's air is cooler than Korea, which is weird because they're supposed to be neighbors? Well, at least that's what Jungkook thought.

He's on his way to the dorm where, as the team informed him, trainee Min Yoongi and two others are staying. Hmm, he can't wait to see the shock on Yoongi's face the moment he reveals himself as JS owner. JS Agency, that is. JS Corp is another story.

The car comes to a slow and the driver looked back to inform Jungkook that they've arrived. Jungkook nods, brushing his somehow sweaty palms over his suit once before he exits. The first thought that comes to mind as soon as he steps out is 'the dorm looks cheap'!

How the f?

Jungkook has never called someone this quickly. He presses number 2 and waits for the call to go through. His sister answers on the third ring, her voice a bit hoarse.

"Yes?"

"I saw the dorm for the trainee. What the hell, sis?"

"What's wrong?"

"The dorm is a dump! Half literally! The building is barely holding together! One strong wind probably gonna blow the roof off. Didn't we agree on something better? Where did all the fund go?" He half-yells. His sister's side remains quiet for a moment, only her breathy breath is the sign that the call is still connected.

"Let me fire somebody." That's all his sister replies before she hangs up. 

Good! That's the spirit!

Jungkook takes a breath of relief, slides the phone back into his pocket before he takes his steps toward the building. He feels a bit guilty to think he has pulled Yoongi away from Korea just to house him in this hellhole. It's been 3 months already. He should've visited earlier.

He goes up to the second floor where he was told the 3 trainees are staying in. Like, how dare they put his trainees in such a place! He hand-picked them himself! What is this mistreatment!

Jungkook doesn't even knock (he forgets to). When he pushes open the door, fresh smell of something sweet hits him in the face. He blinks. The interior is a bit better than what he has expected, but there's no doubt someone's going to be fired for trying to take advantages of the fund he has provided.

"Hello, darlings!" Jungkook greets loudly.

One by one, frowned faces peek out of the three bedrooms. One person has his eyes wide as soon as he takes in Jungkook's presence.

"Jungkook?!"

"Hello," Jungkook nods at Yoongi, and then at the other two photographers he recruits after hearing about them from, wait for it, Kim. Tae. Hyung. 

"Pack your bags, guys. We're going home. Sorry for the dorm condition, I'll surely repay you for this." Not only announcing that, Jungkook also goes around gathering cups and things into his arms as if that helps with anything. Yoongi strides outside of his room wearing shorts and an oversized white t-shirt.

"How are you here? How do you know we are here?"

"Wait, you don't know?" One of the other two photographers asks.

Yoongi frowns at her.

She points at Jungkook, "He's JS Agency's boss, son of JS Corp's owner."

"What?!"

 

-

 

On the plane back to Korea, Yoongi can't help but stare at Jungkook until it gets weird and annoying. Jungkook tries not to dwell on it at first, try sleeping to forget the pair of eyes staring at him, haunting him. But as time keeps stretching and Yoongi won't stop, the young boss's patience runs a little too low.

"What now?" Jungkook sighs.

"I knew you're rich but I didn't know you own a whole agency..."

"Not really whole," he turns to Yoongi. "I co-own with my sister."

"You have a sister??"

"Yeah,"

"How?"

Jungkook looks him dead in the eyes, "You know, my parents.. they do this thing every night and-"

"No, I didn't mean how how! Ugh!" Yoongi literally punches him on the arm. Jungkook doesn't flinch because it doesn't hurt, but that doesn't stop him from wincing verbally and sending his photographer acquaintance a glare.

"Do the others know?" Yoongi continues.

"About what? My sister or me being the owner of JS Agency?"

"Both."

Jungkook sighs.

"No, and that's what I wanna talk to you about." He places a hand on his friend's, eyes get softer as he says, "They can't know. Especially not Taehyung."

Yoongi frowns at the name. He doesn't understand why Jungkook has to say it in such a tone—so cautiously and fondly as if the name is a fragile, delicate thing.

"Why not? Isn't he your-"

"First of all, no. He's not my boyfriend."

"I was gonna say best friend," Yoongi murmurs with a wicked smile.

Jungkook rolls his eyes and continues, "I establish this place solely for him, true. He needs the platform and support to reach his dream. He can't do that with 120 likes on Instagram or 300 views on YouTube."

Yoongi remains quiet as he listens. It makes sense. He would go to such extreme for his Jimin, too.

"And before you judge me for not believing in Tae, I do. I always do." Jungkook runs his hand through his soft black hair a few times. "And I tried showing that by leaving him to seek for agencies or modeling gigs on his own. He couldn't. No one wants to hire a complete nobody who doesn't even finish college yet. This is my only way of supporting him."

"Wait," Yoongi raises a hand. "Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter