Soft, sleepy, and a little heavy

So Close

Mark

Suddenly I thought of a way I could keep him warm without giving him my new sweater, which he would never accept anyway. I quickly moved behind him, and pressed my hands on his shoulders, to give him a heads up, and then jumped onto his back. I wrapped my legs around his waist and put my arms around his strong shoulders. “Jesus, Mark!” Jackson laughed, sounding surprised. “Now you’re warm too!” I said cheerfully “Not only do you get me to hug you, but you also get to do some exercise at the same time! Burn those calories!” I explained happily. 

Judging from the way his cheeks looked round and cute, I was certain he was smiling. “You ” he laughed. “You’re welcome” I replied, mimicking his tone when he had given me the sweater. We both fell silent after that, and I felt myself feeling sleepy. I honestly didn’t expect him to, but he carried me all the way back to the apartment. 

Jackson

I loved this so much. Not only the fact that Mark was holding onto me and I could feel his warm and soft breath in my neck, but also the fact that he seemed so cheerful now. He was a bit heavy, but it was nothing I couldn’t handle. I honestly didn’t mind carrying him all the way. I loved the way his thighs were lightly pressing into my sides, and weighing down on my arms. I loved the way his feet were slightly dangling in the air, following my walking pace.

I loved the way his arms were around me, holding on tightly, making me feel like I wanted him to always hold onto me like this. I loved the way I could feel his chin resting on my shoulder, and I loved the way his head would softly bump into mine sometimes, his soft hair brushing against my ear, making my stomach tickle. I imagined he was tired, almost falling asleep while I carried him. 

When we finally arrived at the apartment, my suspicions were confirmed. I had said “We’re here” to him, but he only responded after I had carefully nudged him awake. Even then, he only responded with a mumbling sound I couldn’t decipher. I slowly let him slide off my back, and turned around to face him. He yawned in the cutest way possible, with the pink sleeve of his sweater covering his mouth, while he stretched out his other arm. He then smiled at me sheepishly, and started walking towards the entrance of the building. I followed him, trying my hardest not to just run up to him and wrap him tightly in my arms. I succeeded in that, but not in hiding my idiotic smile. 

After we entered the apartment, Jinyoung, who was sitting alone on the couch in the living room, said “What are you so happy about?” pointing at me, almost accusingly. “Why, I need a reason to smile now?” I snapped back at him. He smiled in reply “So did you guys have a nice date?” he said, his eyes twinkling mischievously. “It was lovely” I replied in a sarcastic tone, emphasis on the word ‘lovely’. 

“Jackson even paid!” Mark added happily. I quickly shot him a look that said did-you-really-have-to-mention-that. “Ooohh, did you now?” Jinyoung said, sounding mock-surprised, widening his eyes, and making his mouth in a little 'o’ shape, hand on his chest. “What?! It was my turn!” I replied, trying to sound nonchalant but probably failing miserably. Mark just laughed. 

Mark

“Screw you guys, I’m taking a shower” Jackson said, and left the room. I sat down next to Jinyoung, who saw what I was wearing and said “By the way, what is that hideous sweater you’re wearing? Is that a unicorn?” he sounded something in between amused and slightly disgusted. “Oh, this?” I replied, looking down at it and smiling. “It’s actually a pony. And Jackson got it for me” I added. “Hmm, I figured” he replied, not even sounding a little surprised. 

“Where are the others, anyway?” I asked him. “Jaebum went back to the studio because he needed to take care of something or whatever, Youngjae is in his room, probably sleeping, Yugyeom and Bambam went out to buy groceries, but honestly who knows what they’re up to” he replied. “Oh, okay” I said, feeling kind of relieved that I didn’t have to deal with everyone all at once. 

Jinyoung was probably the one I felt most comfortable around. Even though me and Jackson were pretty close, I would feel a bit nervous and self-conscious around him. Probably due to the fact that I had a massive crush on him. I mentally slapped myself in the face every time that word crossed my mind. But anyway, since I was pretty comfortable around Jinyoung, I was glad it was him sitting in the living room, rather than someone else. 

I decided to go to my room anyway, not only to avoid the others when they would come back, but also because I was feeling tired. I wished Jinyoung a good night, who briefly raised an eyebrow and then smiled kindly, wishing me a good night as well, and walked into my room. I didn’t even change my clothes, and just fell onto my bed, the world around me becoming dark after about two seconds.

Jackson

When I got out of the bathroom I saw Mark had already fallen asleep. I couldn’t help but smile at the sight. It looked like he had just let himself fall on the bed and fallen asleep immediately. He still had the pink pony sweater on. His face looked peaceful and his breaths were slow and steady. I felt relieved that he would at least have a good night sleep. 

He suddenly started shifting around, and was now lying on his side, his knees pulled up and his hands balled up into fists and placed just in front of his mouth. It was the cutest thing I had ever seen. I just wanted to crawl onto his bed next to him and cuddle him with all my might to protect him from bad dreams. I didn’t though, not wanting to wake him up from his peaceful sleep. And not wanting to scare him away. 

I then remembered I was still only wearing a towel and quickly looked for a shirt and some shorts I could wear to bed. I wasn’t planning on hanging out with the others in the living room still, since I was pretty tired after such an eventful day. I put on some clothes after finally finding them in this ing mess we called our bedroom, and got into my bed. 

I looked at Mark for a while and only then noticed he was still wearing his sneakers. I carefully got out of bed again, and quietly walked over to his bed. I then proceeded to carefully, very carefully, untie his shoes, and taking them off, trying my best not to wake him. He only made a cute little mumbling sound, but luckily didn’t wake up. I then turned off the light and went back to bed. The moonlight poured into the room through the window, and I watched Mark’s adorable sleep for about twenty minutes before falling asleep.