What are we?

So Close

Jackson

After I finished cooking the ramen, I brought the bowls to the coffee table in front of the couch and sat down, patting the empty space next to me indicating Mark to sit with me. He walked over and sat next to me, our thighs touching. I had always thought I had pretty strong thighs, but right now they felt like jelly.

"Careful, it's hot" I told Mark as he reached over to grab his bowl of ramen. He nodded and carefully held the bowl up to his chest. He tasted some of the ramen and said, "Delicious, but you're right, it's a bit hot still," and placed the bowl back on the table. A smile crept its way up my face "What should we do while we wait for it to cool down?" I asked him, failing to resist the urge to wiggle my eyebrows.

He smiled back at me and said, "Well, what do you wanna do?" while shifting a bit closer to me. "Why don't we... pick up where we left off?" I suggested, knowing how cringey I just sounded. "Ugh, you're terrible!" Mark giggled while hiding his face in my shirt and playfully punching my arm. "Why? Don't want to?" I said, trying to sound offended. He looked up from my shirt and smiled at me cutely "I didn't say that". I smiled and held his chin with my thumb and index finger, bringing his lips closer to mine. "Good" I said, before connecting them.

Mark

I just couldn't wrap my head around how Jackson was so casual about this. He seemed so calm while my thoughts were going crazy and my heart felt exhausted from beating so fast. He broke our lips apart, only to shift his position so he was facing me, and while kissing me again, he grabbed my hands and pulled me onto his lap. Once I was sitting comfortably, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him against me.

His hands had sneakily found their way under my sweater and were drawing small patterns on the small of my back. His hands felt warm and made my stomach tingle. His kisses were slow but sweet and I felt his lips smile against mine. His kisses made me a little dizzy. Even though we had showered and we pretty much smelled the same, there was still this scent of Jackson, and it made me want to hold on to him forever to be surrounded by it.

I suddenly felt scared that this, us being together like this, didn't mean the same to him as it did to me. "Jackson?" I said quietly, pulling back from the kiss. "Hmm, Markipooh?" he replied cutely, smiling at me. "What are we?" I asked, feeling absolutely terrified. Jackson looked confused "What do you mean?" he asked. I internally gathered my courage. "Well, I mean- I know we're best friends but-" "Why, want to be my boyfriend?" He interrupted, smiling mischievously.

"Wha-" I stuttered, completely taken aback "Do you like the sound of that? Boyfriend?" he continued "Let's be boyfriends? You're my boyfriend, I'm your boyfriend. I'm yours, you're mine, we're boyfriends." he smiled cutely at me, making me let out an embarrassed giggle. "Stop saying that word, you're making me blush," I said, unable to hide a smile. "What word, boyfriend?" He said innocently, his smile growing bigger.

"Are you embarrassed? My boyfriend?" he teased. "I hate you." I said, lightly punching his arm. "Ouch" he laughed, "No you don't, you love me, you're my boyfriend" he let out a scream while I punched him again. "What's the matter, don't want to be my boyfriend?" He laughed "Boyfriend boyfriend boyfriend boyfriend boyf-" I interrupted him by pushing him down on the couch and sitting on top of him, my hands on his shoulders so he couldn't escape. He seemed a little surprised but still had that mischievous smile. "Fine" I said, trying not to smile like an idiot. I lowered my face to his and whispered "Boyfriend" before kissing him.

Jackson

"Fine" he said, scrunching up his nose in the most adorable way and whispering "Boyfriend" before kissing me. We were both smiling like idiots and I pulled him down onto me so I could wrap my arms around him. I felt warm and I was so in love with him. It couldn't get better than this. I promised myself I would make him happy no matter what.

Suddenly I heard someone at the door and I quickly pushed Mark off of me, who looked flustered but didn't protest and straightened his clothes and hair. I followed his lead and tried to cool down my burning cheeks. The first to come in was Jinyoung, who sat down on the couch in between us, even though there wasn't much space, and hugged Mark.

"Are you feeling better?" Jinyoung asked a flustered Mark in his arms. He didn't reply so Jinyoung turned his head to me and asked, "Did you take good care of our hyung?" "Of course" I replied "He's doing much better now" I added, forcing myself to smile and look natural, while honestly I wanted to punch Jinyoung for interrupting us and hugging Mark.

"Ooohh you guys made ramen!" Youngjae said while entering the room. "Isn't that Mark's special recipe?" he said while grabbing my bowl and having a taste. I wanted to boast about having made it, but decided against it. "Hmm, it turned cold.." Youngjae said, sounding disappointed, and proceeded to the kitchen to look for snacks. I felt my cheeks starting to become red again thinking about how long we had been making out for. Jinyoung was still hugging Mark.

Bambam and Yugyeom entered, squabbling about something and ignoring everyone else. "See if you can beat me then!" Bambam shouted, "I'll kick your !" Yugyeom shouted in reply. "I'll definitely win!" Bambam countered. He paused and looked at Yugyeom with a mischievous smile. "EASYYY" they both screamed in unison and started laughing. Jinyoung was still hugging Mark.

"Oh, are you guys gonna play?" Youngjae said, his head popping into vision from behind the kitchen counter. "Mhm" Bambam nodded. "I'm coming too!" Youngjae said, and grabbed a few random bags and drinks before quickly following Yugyeom and Bambam into their bedroom. Jinyoung was still hugging Mark, gently patting his head.

Jaebum entered the room, looking pretty tired. "How are you guys doing? Mark, you feeling better?" he asked, his eyes still looking a bit concerned. Mark nodded and smiled at him from Jinyoung's arms. I stood up and walked towards Jaebum, hugging his arm. "When did you become so handsome Jaebum?" I said sweetly. He smiled and replied, "Alright, what do you want?" I put a shocked expression on my face. "I don't want anything! Can't I just compliment you? Why do you assume the worst of me?" I said, trying to sound hurt. "It's okay Jackson, just tell me what you want" he replied, giving me a tired smile.

I actually didn't want anything this time. Except maybe making Mark a little jealous. Maybe. But now I had to come up with something believable. "Well since you're insisting on giving me something, how about pork belly for dinner?" I asked him fluttering my eyelashes. Jaebum smiled while lightly shaking his head and said "How about I treat everyone next weekend?" "Thanks hyung~" I replied excitedly while jumping up and down and tugging his arm.

"Jackson, you're awesome!" Jinyoung said suddenly, holding up his hand for a high-five. I walked over to give him a high-five and tried to pull him off of Mark while I was at it. He reluctantly stood up, giving me a confused laugh. "Wang puppy," I said while wrapping my arms around his waist and smiling at him with puppy eyes. "Park puppy" he replied, hugging me and burying his head against my shoulder in embarrassment.

"HEY! What about me?!" Mark shouted suddenly. I quickly let go of Jinyoung and threw myself onto the couch and hugged him tightly "Markipooh~" I cooed happily while he hugged me back. "You guys are weird" Jaebum commented while Jinyoung chuckled and shook his head. "I'm gonna take a nap" Jaebum announced, and walked towards his bedroom. "Same, I'll join you" Jinyoung said, and followed him. Before going into the room, Jinyoung turned around and said "Make sure you guys eat something besides cold ramen, okay?"