I don't want to be alone

So Close

Jackson

Mark had shifted his position and was now sitting in my lap and resting his head on my chest. He had one arm around my waist, with his hand tightly gripping onto the fabric of my tank top. His other hand was holding onto my arm that was wrapped around him, while my other hand was on his head, my fingers entangled in his soft hair.

It felt different now. Having him in my arms while thinking it just might mean something more than before. I quickly thought I was being stupid, because of course we were just friends, we always had been, and we were just really close. But still, it felt like something... different. I figured it was probably just me.

After a while of sitting in silence and cuddling, I noticed Mark glancing over towards the bathroom door and then looking down again and shaking his head lightly. I figured he might have wanted to take a shower, so I asked him "Do you want to take a shower?" He looked up at me, looking a bit startled.

Mark

"I mean- I do, but-" I started. "But what?" he asked. "It's just- I- I can't-" I fell silent for a second. I don't want to be alone, I thought. "Should I uhm-" Jackson suddenly said "Do you want me to come with you?" he asked, almost hesitantly. Yes. "I uhm- sure, I mean- yes" I stuttered in reply. "I mean- if you want to, it's not- you don't have to" I added, feeling my face getting redder and redder.

"It's okay, I want to" Jackson replied, giving me a smile. My heart skipped a beat. I want to. He probably didn't mean it that way, right? I mean, the fact that I had all these feelings and I was nervous as hell didn't mean he felt the same way about the situation. But still, even though we were close, we had never seen each other fully before, let alone showered together, and I felt my hands become clammy at just the thought of it.

I slowly moved out of his arms and walked towards our closet to grab a towel. I very consciously grabbed two, one for me, and one for Jackson. Who was going to shower with me. Jackson. And me. Together. Taking a shower. No biggie. I looked over at Jackson and threw him one of the towels. "Thanks" he said, catching it and getting up himself.

Jackson

Holy . I tried my best to be cool about it, but I felt my heart racing. I started by taking off my tank top, and noticed Mark just standing still and looking at me. I gave him a small smile and he suddenly blinked and started blushing. Or maybe I was imagining things. I definitely didn't imagine him taking his shirt off as well and looking like the most perfect sculpture I had ever seen. I even lightly pinched myself without him seeing, just to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

I then proceeded to take off my pants, taking my underwear along with them. Just casually. I tried to remember if we had ever seen each other before, but I wasn't sure, since we had been friends for so long. But if we had, it had definitely been different than now. It had definitely not felt like this. I felt shy, but I tried my best not to show it. Mark had turned his back to me in the meantime and sat down on the bed, quickly undressing himself without me seeing too much, even though I would be seeing everything eventually.

Making an awkward coughing noise, I walked towards the bathroom, taking my towel with me and trying not to look at Mark. I felt him get up from the bed and following me. He closed the door behind us, locking it. My heart jumped a little at the sound of it. I turned around to look at him and thought I would faint at the sheer beauty. He gave me a shy smile and I quickly closed my mouth, only realising then it had been hanging open.

Mark

Damn. Jackson looked even better than I had imagined. Not that I had done that very often, obviously. Of course. Only a few times. But back to the main topic; Jackson looked like... Like... Like something I didn't even have the words to describe. His muscles were defined, his skin lightly tanned, and everything was perfectly proportioned. I felt myself blushing furiously but decided not to care at this point. I would blame it on my shyness if he asked.

Jackson stepped in the shower and the water, jumping back a little because it was still cold. I couldn't contain a smile. He then put his hand under the stream and waited until it was hot, looking up at the showerhead, as if it would make the process go faster. He looked super serious and it was adorable. After a while he stretched out his other arm to me, still looking up and keeping his hand under the stream, making sure it was still warm. I took his hand, feeling shy as , and let myself be led under the shower with him.

Jackson

Mark's hand felt clammy, and I wondered if he felt as nervous as I did. Probably not. Or maybe because he was shy. I let him step under the shower and stepped back a little, letting him stand in front of me. He was stood with his back towards me, and I had no idea what to do. I felt like wrapping my arms around him, kissing his neck all the way down to his shoulder. "Do you want the shampoo?" I asked him instead.

He nodded slightly, so I grabbed the bottle and put some of its content on my hand. "Turn around, I don't want to accidentally blind you," I said. He laughed awkwardly and turned around, looking at me with those beautiful and adorable eyes. I swallowed slightly, clearing my throat for no apparent reason, and carefully lowered my hands onto his hair.

Mark

Jackson's eyes were fixed on my hair, while he massaged his fingers through it, making sure the shampoo was thoroughly applied. He was surprisingly good at it. I just stood there awkwardly, trying not to get sleepy at the touch. There was just something about it that felt really good, and it was relaxing too, even though I still felt my heart racing like crazy.

"There you go," he said, and I opened my eyes, barely realizing I had closed them. "Thanks" I smiled at him. I leaned back, putting my head under the stream of hot water and closed my eyes, starting to wash the soap out of my hair. The hot water felt really nice, running down my back and relaxing my muscles. I started to relax a bit more when suddenly-

Jackson

I just couldn't help it- He looked so, so- Stunning. I stepped forward a little, closing the space between us. Our stomachs touched lightly, making my breath hitch. I brought up a hand to his cheek, brushing my fingers against his skin and cupping his face. He opened his eyes at the touch and widened them in surprise, but didn't say anything.

Mark

His touch was gentle, and my heart was going crazy. He was coming closer and I couldn't breathe properly. The thoughts in my head were racing and I couldn't distinguish any of it. Jackson was coming closer, his eyes fixed on my mouth, and his lips slightly parted. And then he stopped, with just barely an inch between us.

Jackson

I wanted this. More than anything. But I had no idea if he felt the same way. I was afraid he would hate me after this. I closed my eyes and started slowly moving back again, when Mark kissed me.