Just us

So Close

Mark

I felt my lips trembling against his, but kept them there, not really sure about what to do next. Jackson brought his other hand up to my cheek as well and pulled me closer to him. His lips were moving lightly, and I followed his lead. The kiss was careful, shy, probably the sweetest thing in the world. He tasted like coffee and sugar and it was my new favourite taste.

I was kissing him. He was kissing me. His hands were gently cupping my face and I felt like my heart was going to explode. The kiss was making me dizzy; it was a little too much for me to wrap my head around. I placed my hands on his chest to support myself and felt his heart beating fast. I smiled a little.

Jackson

His lips were soft, and I was afraid of breaking him. I broke our lips apart for a second to look at him. He was smiling at me sheepishly and my heart fluttered. I smiled and connected our lips again, this time deepening the kiss. I moved my hands down from his cheeks to his hips and pulled his body against mine. I felt his breath hitch a little at the cold touch, but he didn't pull away.

Mark had wrapped his arms around my neck, with one hand placed on the back of my head, fingers tugging lightly at my hair. I wondered if he knew how crazy it made me. He pressed his lips against mine with more confidence and I wondered if it would kill me. I smiled and thought to myself it would be the best way to go.

Mark

Jackson's hands had wandered from my hips to the small of my back. His fingers brushed against my skin, drawing small patterns, making something tickle at the pit of my stomach. I had never known something could ever feel this good. I could feel myself getting lost in kissing him and not regretting any of it.

There was only him and only me. There was just us and this moment. And in this moment, all I could feel was happiness. Nothing felt dark or terrifying, there was just him. I felt safe and warm. He kissed me like I was the only one in the world, and that's exactly how I felt.

Jackson

Everything about Mark was soft and made me feel butterflies. And he was so, so ing beautiful. While he kissed me and slightly trembled against my body, I felt myself falling for him even more. And as he lightly pressed his fingers into my skin and played with my hair, I thought I would lose my mind.

"I'm so in love with you" I heard myself say before realising it. . Even though I had meant it, I suddenly felt terrified. I looked up at him nervously. Mark looked at me and let out the cutest giggle I had ever heard before saying "Me too". He connected our lips again and I was smiling so much I felt my cheeks beginning to ache.

As if on terrible cue, the water started to become cold, making Mark jump forwards a little with a surprised "Aish-". He almost knocked me over when doing so, gripping me tightly to prevent us from falling over and making us both laugh uncontrollably. Although it might have been the awkwardness of just having kissed and being relieved that the feeling was mutual.

Mark

While we laughed, I suddenly realised we were being pretty loud, our laughter coming from the bathroom, which was maybe a bit suspicious. "Shhh, what if someone's home already?" I said, looking up at Jackson, who quieted down with difficulty. I couldn't help but let out one last snort, which I knew was unattractive. "You're so cute," Jackson said, giving me a small kiss on the cheek. Even though we had just been making out, both under the shower, I still felt myself blushing.

"Alright, you stay here for a second, I'll go and check if anyone's home. I'm better at lying anyway since I'm an actor,” he said with a mock-serious face. "You're terrible, just go" I replied, playfully punching his arm. "Are you questioning my abilities?" he continued his act "How can you do this to me Mark?" he put a hand to his chest, looking hurt. "Just go, idiot.." I said with the biggest smile on my face. He didn't seem to be able to keep up his performance and smiled back at me, letting out a little chuckle. "Alright, be right back," he said before wrapping a towel around his torso and stepping out of the bathroom.

I stayed just behind the door, listening carefully. Less than twenty seconds later, he came back, almost slamming the door into my face, and told me the coast was clear. I let out a sigh of relief, even though we could've easily come up with a lie. Jackson fell silent, and he just looked at me. He then grabbed a towel and threw it at me. "You should probably cover yourself," he said before turning away, and only then I realised I was still completely . I could've sworn he was blushing a little.

Jackson

While we were getting dressed, I found myself smiling and not being able to stop. I avoided his gaze, just so I wouldn't throw him on the bed and start kissing him again. He liked me, and holy did I like him back. Once I was dressed I turned around to see Mark stopping halfway through putting on a sweater and he laughed at me, pointing somewhere in my direction. "Your shirt's inside out." He giggled. "Ohh" I replied, feeling slightly embarrassed and putting it on the right way. Guess I must've been a little distracted.

Mark was just so cute. Like, the cutest human to ever exist. If he was even human, that is. If not, the cutest angel to ever exist. While he finished putting on his sweater and messed up his hair, I absentmindedly wondered if I was the only one to believe in my conspiracy theory.

Mark

After we were both dressed, Jackson walked up to me and grabbed my hand, dragging me out of the room and towards the kitchen. "You must be hungry," he simply stated, and started pulling open cupboards. "Ramen?" he asked. "Sure" I replied, "You know how I like it, right?" I added cheekily. "Of course, even our fans know these things" he laughed.

"Are you saying you're my fan, Jackson?" I said, feeling mischievous. Apparently Jackson was feeling even more so, as he replied with "Mark oppaaa~" while jumping up and down and putting his fists in the air like an excited fangirl. "Stop it" I laughed, to which he replied by singing our song Stop It and even doing the choreography. I laughed and put my face in my hands with an exasperated sigh. How had I even dealt so well with all this adorable craziness all these years?