Shao Xuan

Last Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Earlier, on the evening of the Palace Ceremony~

 

Seora walked past the gated of the royal infirmary, entering the not-so-familiar premises with her maid. Eyeing the busy figures moving around with jars of medicine or helping disabled, she walked towards a young lady who looked like a physician, and did seem to know her way around the infirmary.

“Excuse me ma’am.”

The young lady raised her head from the drying herbs in the sunlight she was examining, and turned to them questioningly. “Can I help you?”

Seora nodded with a grateful smile. “Is there a way to know where the Chinese girl called Yingyun is being treated? I came to see her but I don’t know where to go.”

“Oh, visitors for Yingyun?” the physician widened her eyes. “I’m her doctor. You can come with me agassi.” She gave both girls a smile, before leading the way.

 

“Yingyun...! You have visitors!”

Ying hurriedly sat up on her bed, when Yuri entered her room with two girls following her. “Here she is.” The lady physician turned to the two girls. “I’ll get going then.”

“Thank you doctor.” Seora bowed, before the friendly looking young lady exited the room. “No no Ying. Stay like that. It’s okay.” She gestured the girl to stay seated in the bed, because she was trying to get off for a proper greeting.

“Why did you want to meet me Ying?”

Ying bit her lower lip, and stared at Seora for a brief moment. “Lord Park, and all his men left for the attack didn’t they my lady?” she asked the girl who was now seated beside her bed on the stool Haesol had provided for her.

“Yes, Ying. They were already gone when I woke up.” Her face slightly darkened as she recalled the untold departure of her husband. “Why? Is anything wrong? If you need anything, you can ask me anytime. No need to wait till Sehun returns.”

“It’s not like that my lady.” Ying shook her head. “It’s just... I... I cannot trust Jung Taekwoon my lady.”

Seora’s eyes widened at her words. “What do you mean you cannot trust him? Do you, by any chance think he’s a spy or something?”

“Might be beyond a spy, my lady. Maybe this is a trap. Because the Jung Taekwoon I know, cannot betray my uncle at any cost. The more I thought about it, the more I got suspicious.”

“What do we do then agassi?” Haesol asked, panicking by the words she was hearing. Seora sighed, confused and struggling to think straight. “We have to inform them don’t we?”

“But will a message be enough to call off an attack my lady?” Ying asked back. “I mean, it’s good to send a messenger to the fort but what if Lord Chanyeol is already inside my uncle’s camp by the time the messenger reaches the fort?”

“I get what you’re trying to say Ying.” Seora thoughtfully nodded. “The camp is nearer to the capital than the fort. So it’s better if we can get to the camp first. Because if what Ying assumed is right, Lord Park is in the biggest danger.”

“Exactly my lady.” Ying agreed. And Seora hurriedly got off her seat, and caught the girl’s hands. “Thank you so much Ying. We’ll take care of this from now on. You don’t have to worry.”

 

“Are you planning to inform the His Majesty, agassi?”

Haesol asked, as the two girls were hurrying back to the palace.

“How can I Haesol? The ceremony is planned just for today the full moon day. And it requires the royal family’s attendance. I can’t worry them now Haesol.”

* * * * * * * *

Stepping out of the palace, Seora ran as fast as she could, away from the area fully secured by the palace guards, along the road Haesol had mentioned earlier. Darkness wasn’t the biggest problem since it was a full moon night, and the girl ran with all her might, not stopping until she finally caught the sight of a half closed fish stall.

A man in his early thirties was closing the stall, and hearing the running footsteps, he turned and saw the petite figure running towards him in the semi darkness.

Seora stopped in front of him, bending down while panting. “Is this... is this the fish trader Kim Heechul’s store?”

“It is...” the man blinked in curiosity. “But agassi who are you?”

“Donghae-yah! Close it down and quickly get over here!”

“Coming hyungnim!” the man turned back to Seora. “Heechul hyungnim is in the back yard. Come with me.”

Seora followed him, and in a few seconds, they were behind the store, where there was a small yard with a large carriage parked there, which was being packed with wooden crates of dry fish by another two men of around the same age as the first one. “Hyungnim,” Donghae called, and both of them turned their heads. And before Seora could introduce herself, one of them clapped his hands in recognition. “Isn’t this the agassi Haesol told me about?”

“I am.” Seora gave them a quick bow, regardless her class being above theirs. “I’m Shin Seora, wife of Lord Park.”

“Omo...greetings agassi.” The male bowed with a cheery smile. “I’m the person Haesol told to about. Kim Heechul. How can I help you?”

“Can you lend me a horse, please?” Seora asked at once. “I mean...not just a horse. Also if you can show me the shortest way to the Chinese barbarian camps...Haesol told me you know the best shortcuts to anywhere in the country.”

“Not me, well the best one is Yesung.” He pointed at the third male, who bowed with a pleasant smile. “Fine agassi, he’ll take you there in less than two hours. And we’ll be following in the carriage since we’re going to the north border anyways, so if by any chance you need more help, you have our back.”

“I’m more than grateful.” Seora bowed again, while Donghae hurried to get a horse from the stable behind the shop. “Thank you so much.”

“With pleasure agassi.” Heechul beamed, helping the girl to sit on the saddle behind Yesung who had already taken the reins. “Take care, Yesung-ah you too.”

“See you two at the border!” Yesung gave his two pals a curt wave, before leading the horse along the footpath that ran behind the market street.

 

 

“Agassi,” Yesung called the girl sitting behind him on the saddle while clutching his waist belt. He pulled the reins, bringing the horse into a halt. “See those dozens of camps?” he asked, pointing towards the edge of the small jungle they were crossing, where they could clearly see the multitude camps a few hundred yards away. “That’s the place. But are you sure you can go there alone? It’s more than dangerous isn’t it?”

“But my husband might be already in there.” Seora pursed her lips in frustration. “He’s in more danger than I am.”

“Fine...” Yesung sighed, bringing themselves out of the jungle, towards an inn that was situated by the roadway. “Just in case you need help, I’ll be here. Heechul hyungnim and Donghae also drops by here for dinner, so we’ll wait for you here.”

“Thank you so much.” Seora bowed again, after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter