Baekhyun; the "Cutest"

Last Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He’s so handsome... is he the man you’re betrothed to?”

The pregnant woman whom Jungsoo was prescribing some strength gaining tonics, said as she sat with the girl in front of their house and watched Baekhyun dance with her two children. “That’s not how you do it! A girl must hold her dress like this when she dance... here, look at me... like this.” He held his robe and showed the little girl who giggled and followed. “Now sing after me, Ooh ah... Ooh ah...”

Jungsoo shook her head with a chuckle. “No unnie... it’s nothing like that, he’s my brother’s friend.”

“Then it’s better! Why don’t you give it some thought?” she asked again.

I think the same unnie... it’s just I’m just not sure about what I feel yet... I think the same goes for him...

Jungsoo just smiled in reply.

“Yaah... hands on your hips! I said hips! Boys look handsome when you place your hands on your hips and raise your chin like this and look arrogant!” he commanded the boy who was eagerly copying every single move he did. Jungsoo smiled and returned to the prescription she was writing. “Cute...”

“See! You like him.” the children’s mother interrupted. “Just give yourself a chance Jungsoo-yah... I think you two make a perfect match.”

 

 

“What was that dance you were doing earlier?” she asked Baekhyun, while they were returning home.

“It’s something I learnt when I was a kid.” Baekhyun replied with a grin. “The maids in Chanyeol’s mansion taught us that... all three of us used to dance to that if front of our moms... but I was the coolest.” He added proudly.

“You mean the cutest.”

He stopped abruptly. “You think I’m cute?”

She was still giggling. “What else should I call you? Jumping around with kids... like you’re just one of them...” she patted his arm before starting to walk ahead. “Consider this a compliment Baekhyun. You’re just as cute as them.”

“Yah! I’m not cute! This is the first time I’ve heard that in my life!” he shouted before stomping his way to catch up with her. “Then what do others call you?” Jungsoo asked.

“Handsome, cool, charismatic... and y.” He added with a proud smirk. But the girl burst into a laughter, making him pout in anger. “What’s there to laugh huh?”

“Get a mirror and see for yourself.” She stifled another laugh at his pouting face and proceeded her way home.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Two horsemen those had entered the village not long after the sun had risen that day, finally came upon the place they were looking for, and stopped in front of the physician’s house. The man on the white horse looked at his companion, who was mounting a brown horse, and nodded back in agreement. Hence the first one got off his animal soon to be followed by the other as well, and the two walked straight into the garden, without any hesitation.

The physician’s wife stepped out of the house at the same time.

The middle aged lady stared at the two men for a moment, first at the one wearing a black robe with maroon glittery embroidery, then at the one wearing lilac robe with purple embroidery.

She stepped forward, eyeing them questioningly. “Isn’t this the physician’s house ma’am?” the man in the lilac robe spoke up first. “It is...” she replied. “How can I help you sir...”

The man in the black robe stepped forward, with a pleasant smile adorning his already shinning face. “We’re here to see—”

“Your majesty!”

Both men turned around hearing Baekhyun’s utterly shocked voice, and he came running and knelt on one knee in front of the black robed man. “How did you find this place your majesty...?” he looked up, and the King was beaming at him. “Stand up Baekhyun-ah,”

Baekhyun got back to his feet, and looked at the person standing next to the king. “Lord Kim...” he bowed with utter respect.

Minseok patted him on the shoulder with a smile. “So glad to finally find you guys.”

“Oh, by the way,” Baekhyun turned to the physician’s wife. “Omonim, and Jungsoo,” he called the girl who was standing outside their garden, frozen to her spot. “This is his majesty the King, and Lord Kim, his majesty’s chief adviser. It’s better to greet his majesty.”

The mother and daughter rushed forward and dropped on their knees. “Forgive me for not knowing... y-your majesty.” Jungsoo’s mother stuttered, not daring to lift her eyes off the ground. “The King gave them one of his warmest smiles. “It’s alright... now you can get up. It is our fault that we came here in disguise.”

 

The chaos outside had woken up the two people who had been sleeping in, and they were sleeping till almost noon because Chanyeol had difficulties of falling asleep these days and Seora stayed up until he fell asleep. The two stepped out of their room, and their eyes widened in shock at the sight of the king. “Your majesty,” Chanyeol muttered seeing the monarch in front of his eyes.

The smiling eyes of the king filled with worry and concern as soon as he saw Chanyeol, and before the general could take another step, the king was there, pulling his brother-in-law into a tight hug. “You’re fine...” it was not the king speaking, but the older brother in him. “You don’t know how much your noona and I were worried about you.”

Chanyeol blinked away his tears when the king released him from his hug. “How did you even find us your majesty?”

“We had to do it in secret, but our men had been looking all over Joseon to find all of you.” the king replied. “And I decided to come here with Lord Kim to make sure you’re safe here.”

Chanyeol was still full of questions. “But what about your security... your majesty?”

“Guards are following us from a distance...in disguise.” Minseok replied. And he came up to Seora, and the girl went to hug him at once. “Oppa... thank you for coming all the way...” she mumbled. Minseok her head, and patted her comfortingly. “Everything’s fine since you two are alive and safe... your sister only started having meals after the spy brought the message that you two are alive and at the same place.”

Seora brushed off her tears. “Tell unnie that I’m fine here with Chanyeol... that both of us are absolutely fine, so that she must patiently wait until we come back.”

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“I’m not cute.”

Jungsoo raised her head from the soup she was boiling, and stifled a smile at the sight of him. “I thought you were in a discussion with his majesty.”

“Chanyeol will take care of that.” Baekhyun answered carelessly, and walked into the kitchen. “Hey, wanna go to the town with me? Minseok hyung gave us enough money to spend so let’s get something delicious.”

“But I have three novels to finish translating by the end of this month... I haven’t even touched them...”

“Let’s take them with us. I found a nice place near the woods... you can relax and do your work there away from all the chaos in the house.” He leaned on the table beside her with a suggestive smirk. “Will show you the place if you go down town with me.”

 

And there she was, walking down the market streets with him in the evening, wondering where he wanted to take her. “What do you have to buy?” she asked, watching him as he stopped at a silk store and started examining the rolls of fabric displayed at the store front. “You shouldn’t buy expensive clothes... dressing like ordinary men is the safest for you guys these days.”

Baekhyun turned to face her with a smirk. “It’s not for me, it’s for you.” he said. “Come on,"

And the girl was dragged in to the store.

“Ahjussi, show us hanboks that’ll suit her size.” Baekhyun pushed the speechless girl towards the shop keeper and said. “Oh... is our Jungsoo finally getting married? So your fiancé is buying you new dresses?” he asked gleefully.

“No ahjussi! I don’t want any dresses!” she turned to Baekhyun with a face flushing with embarrassment. “Let’s just leave!”

“Ahjussi she’ll get a peach pink dress with a black overcoat. And a white Norigae to match the dress.” Baekhyun ignored Jungsoo and told the shop keeper. “Sure.” The man started rummaging his stocks of dresses for the colours Baekhyun asked, and finally pulled out a beautiful dress. Baekhyun saw how her eyes started sparking at the sight of the garment, but they lose their sparkle in no time. “We’re not allowed to wear those gorgeous dresses Baekhyun.” She muttered.

“And why is that?” he voice was annoyed.

“Because when we wear such beautiful dresses, ladies from noble households either accuse us for trying to seduce their sons or husbands, or else people will start calling us gisaengs. Haven’t you ever realized why none of us girls in the village even try out a nice hanbok?”

He sighed in restrained anger. “What the hell is wrong with this society...” he rubbed his temples and looked at the store keeper. “Ahjussi we’ll buy something else. Do you have any jewellery?”

 

“Of course...” the man started pulling out various patterned jewellery boxes on to the cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter