Do Kyungsoo

Last Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“But Seora, are you sure that you’ll be alright?”

Bora asked her sister, searching her face which was still pale even though she was a lot better than she was the day before. Her fever had completely gone down by now, and only the weakness and fatigue was left there with her.

“I’m alright unnie, and besides, Chanyeol, I mean Lord Park must feeling uneasy staying out of home when he is sick.” Seora started explaining about her husband, who was not in the room right now. “You told me that he took care of me last night while he was also sick, so it’s my turn to give him a rest and look after him.”

“That’s exactly what I’m saying! You both are unwell, so why do you want to leave the house like that? You want me to trust servants to take care of you?” Bora sprang at Seora again. This time Minseok was the one to let out a heavy sigh.

“Let them leave Bora.” He calmly said. His wife turned to him in disbelief. “Now you too Minseok? If they leave, how am I going to make sure they eat properly and get well soon?”

“They’re not kids Bora, and there are people in his mansion who took care for him ever since he was born. So let them leave.” Minseok said sternly. His wife stared at him for a moment, and heaved a sigh. “Fine. But I’ll be visiting you soon.” She added threateningly, and a smile crept onto Seora’s face at once. “Look who’s eager to go back with him, is this the same girl who came here saying she don’t want to stay with him a few days ago?” Bora smirked at the younger girl. Seora stood up from her seat, trying to hide the blush that crept onto her cheeks. “I’ll get ready to leave then. Oppa please arrange a carriage for us.” She asked Minseok, and he nodded with a smile. “It’ll be there in a few minutes. You can leave soon.” He assured.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“Get ready to go out with me. Once you finish that.” Sehun’s mom asked the maid who was stirring the boiling pot of porridge. The maid looked at her with widened eyes. “Where are we going my lady?”

“To Lord Park’s mansion. That porridge is for him and his wife.” The lady replied. Since Chanyeol was a child, both Sehun’s mom and Baekhyun’s mom used to take care of him, as the boy lost his mother at a young age. And even after he grew up and got married, Sehun’s mom always prepared porridge for him and cared about his medication, whenever Chanyeol was sick.

“I’m so sorry my lady, but I have to prepare Lord Oh’s herbal tonic after this.” the maid replied apologetically. “I’m the one who got the instructions from the physician on how to make it, and these younger girls don’t know how to prepare it properly.” She said, bowing down and without taking her eyes off the floor.

“Ah, I forgot that.” the lady sighed. “It’s fine, I’ll take someone else.” She turned to leave the kitchen.

“May I... come with you my lady?”

Sehun’s mother looked up, and saw the Chinese girl standing at the door way of the kitchen. “Yingyun? Can you go outside?” she asked the girl with concern.

Ying nodded silently. “Are you sure? What if those men see you?” the lady asked again.

“They are probably not here now my lady. Shao Xuan is not someone to chase after one woman for a long time.” Ying replied, casting her eyes at her feet.

“Hmm, then you can come with me. It’s better for you to get some fresh air.” The lady smiled at her and walked out of the kitchen, and Ying stood there bowing at her. Once she had gone, a sigh of determination left Ying’s lips.

Uncle, I’m finally getting to enter the Hunter’s house. Let’s see how I can get into my work.

 

 

Sehun’s mother stepped out of the carriage, followed by the Chinese maid. “Let’s go in.” She called the girl and walked ahead. Pretending to be her usual cautious, timid and cowardly self, Ying took her time, walking slowly, while taking a good look at everyone and everything at the Park’s household.

 

 

“Thank you so much my lady. I knew you will be appearing at my doorstep with this anytime soon.” Chanyeol smiled at his friend’s mom, as he took a spoonful of porridge into his mouth. The lady smiled at him lovingly, and turned to Seora. “Lady Shin, is it good for you too? I don’t quite know about what you like to eat, so I was not quite sure.”

Seora shook her head at once. “It’s delicious my lady, I love it, and please, call me Seora, just like you call him Chanyeol.”

The lady smiled at her. “They say lovebirds even catch colds at the same time. I guess the same happened to you too.” She chuckled as she watched the young couple having the porridge she brought. Seora choked the porridge at once, and immediately reached out for the water. But Chanyeol took the water before her, and handed it over to her. She looked at him with widened eyes, to only notice him returning back to his porridge as if nothing had happened, nor what the lady had said, had affected him at all. Meanwhile Sehun’s mom watched the girl blushing furiously, and the guy casually minding his own business. She smiled to herself, deciding not to continue the conversation in that topic.

 

 

“Are you... Chinese?”

Ying jumped at the sudden voice that came from behind, while she was scanning the front yard and the layout of the mansion from the front. A young maid was standing behind her, with a welcoming smile. “Do you work at Lord Oh’s mansion? Can you speak Korean?” she started questioning her eagerly. “Oh, I’m Haesol by the way.” she grinned at Ying.

Ying stared at the girl for a while, and then decided to smile at her. “Ying Yun. Yes, Chinese.” She mumbled. “Ying Yun?” Haesol repeated the name, and grinned back. “What I thought was right. Chinese girls are really pretty.” She said with a giggle, which made Ying smile again. “Thank you.” she said, and looked carefully at Haeseol’s face. “Are you... a maid here?”

“I’m Lady Seora’s maid. Not only here, wherever she is, I’m with her.” Haesol explained. “Ah,” Ying nodded thoughtfully. “So is she badly sick? I mean Lady Shin?”

“No, she’s quite fine now. Only Lord Park is unwell now.” Haesol said. “But he too, will get well soon. He’s strong, and has our lady to take care of him.”

 

 

 

“Hunter is sick. Might not enter the palace for a while. Change the plan. –Ying Yun-”

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“Everybody get off board!!! We arrived at the port!!!”

 

The passengers of the boat started pouring out into the port, taking their belongings with them, and heading off out of the harbour for their own jobs which they arrived at the capital. Along with the crowd who got off board, was a guy wearing a straw hat, dressed in coffee brown plain robes and pants, straw sandals, and a backpack hanging on his back. He looked around the street, and noticed an old man selling dried fish right outside the harbour, and walked up to him.

“Ajhussi, can you please tell me where this place is?”

He showed a piece of parchment to the old man and asked.

The old man squinted his eyes as he looked up at the guy, and gave a smile. “I can’t read my child. If you read that out to me, I will tell you where it is.”

“Ah, I’m sorry.” The guy politely bowed and read out the address he was looking for.

“Oh, I know the place! It’s my friend’s medicine store! It’s not hard to find it, but you will have to walk for about an hour.” The old man said.

 

 

“I’m Do Kyungsoo. My father is Do Changsuk. He said you will know once I mention his name.”

The young man said to the owner of the medicine store. “Ah! Yes! Come in. I was waiting for you.” he smiled widely at the young man and gestured him to come inside. “I received your father’s letter about a week ago.”

Kyungsoo smiled at the owner and walked into the store. He was given a stool to sit, and he spoke again after he took the seat. “He said you have many rare herbs in your store. And that you are an old friend of his.”

“Of course! I lived in your village when I was a child, and your father was my childhood friend.” The store owner explained. “Come to think of it, you resemble your father a lot. It’s a great pleasure to se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter