The One Who Doesn't Smile (Wendyxyou)

Outcomes of Imagination
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt : I actually want to request another story, WendyxYou, highschool AU, with this prompt “You’re the perpetual frowner in class and one day as I’m answering the teacher I intentionally make a very cheesy pun and I can hear crickets but you’re laughing out loud and that makes me feel very much accomplished” AU I believe I did excelling well or- average on this, but I specifically like this one I wrote. 

1,002 words

     There was this girl, and coincidentally, she was put into all of my classes. Now I would describe her as a beauty, but a cold beauty. Sure, she was gorgeous but she never seemed to smile. No one ever caught her smiling. Not even a less than a second movement. It was just that dark exterior planted on her face every single second of the day. 
     Now looking at me, well, I’d say I smile a bit too much. I make corny jokes and puns that I believe are quite entertaining to myself. And most of the time, no one laughs but I’m happy because it made me laugh. Since it makes me laugh, I have a good time and no one should disturb that. 
     Here’s what the deal is; the cold beauty, Wendy, just grasps me into her awaited net. I just have the feeling of wanting to make her smile just a bit. 
     So I try every chance I get. Even though it’s my usual routine, I put in much more work knowing that she was around so I could get just a glimpse of what that glorious smile would look like. It was what I wanted and yearned to see throughout the time of knowing of her existence. 
     I just spend my day thinking of ways to make her smile. Of course, jokes usually come naturally rather than forcefully, but I want it to be perfect. Perfect to the point where it’s serious and my ultimate goal is to get her to at least form a grin on those soft lips. 
     Gee, I’m sounding like a creep. Would somebody call this desperate? Or, would you all call this lovesick? Unless it falls into the same category of course. 
   She was either in my mind or in front of me physically. I just couldn’t help but notice her presence. When working on homework, she distracts me and I ponder way too long about how to make her smile. When I’m about to go to sleep, I fall gracefully into my dreams as I think and think. Even in class, I glance at her as I try to come up with some ideas. 
     But I can’t. I don’t know why.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter